Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes. For gameplay reasons you are able to choose whatever covenant you want. Lorewise, Bastion fits more with the Human Alliance (righteous), Ardenweald with the Night elves (nature), Maldraxxus with the Orcish Horde (War) and Revendreth with the Forsaken undead (evil).
    it was made to be implemented to be experienced in-game because of the surprise! Lore the Arbiter become defunct so there is no sorting hat at work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol. This game literally doesn't have the population left to sustain a second faction, as evidenced by the fact that Alliance is pretty much dead at all high competitive levels, and you want to add a third faction? Just lmao, nothing else needs to be said on the subject.
    population have no meaning when literally a player can have multiple of characters and account. They will be forced to choose if they really wanted to have a taste of playing a race,allied or whatev, and is locked behind a 3rd neutral faction.

Like I said it is an inverse of how Pandaren gain their faction color. You either retain being Horde or Alliance or willfully be part of the third faction by default which is a faction of the dead/undead/Shadowlands.

If there's ever going to be a change in the faction system, it's going to be removal / unfiication. If you think that a 3rd faction will be introduced at this point in the current game you must be out of your mind
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

At a time when they're looking to implement cross faction PvP, they're gonna add a third faction

"they're TOTES gonna add a new faction broz!!"
    I've been hearing this for the better part of a decade now
    it still hasn't happened and it never will

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    At a time when they're looking to implement cross faction PvP, they're gonna add a third faction
    the faction war will not be about the Horde or Alliance but again, the living and the dead. Don't you think Zovaal will not try to infiltrate the world of the living with that ominous portal of light?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If there's ever going to be a change in the faction system, it's going to be removal / unfiication. If you think that a 3rd faction will be introduced at this point in the current game you must be out of your mind
    that won't happen when I. the world of the dead or Shadowlands there are those NPCs who still represent their faction color, Kael'thas still loyal to being a Blood Elf, Garrosh still honoring the Horde.

BfA was already signaling that those who have died and risen once again or those who are in a state of unliving have been reintroduced to the story and is only an indication that BfA will be heavy influenced by the realm of the dead and those who are existing in that realm.

I think when the final raid comes around he'll be stomped back into his hole like every other big bad in WoWs history

The covenants are the first steps into sub-factions. Blizzard doesn't needs to do anything drastic. Merely creating more of these sub-factions and allowing players to commit more thoroughly, to the point of defecting the Alliance and the Horde would be the sensible way to introduce new factions into the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    the faction war will not be about the Horde or Alliance but again, the living and the dead. Don't you think Zovaal will not try to infiltrate the world of the living with that ominous portal of light?
    This severely limits the story potential though. Death is but one of the six forces in WoW. To give it an entire faction will suddenly make the entire lore about Death.

They had the chance for a new faction with The Scourge in WLK, but they didn't go for it. So it's not gonna happen.

it was made to be implemented to be experienced in-game because of the surprise! Lore the Arbiter become defunct so there is no sorting hat at work.

Are you explaining to me about the feature?
    I don't need a lore lesson.

Well, Tyrande was pissed off at Anduin and the Horde had enough of the Forsaken, in BfA. So, it did make sense back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The covenants are the first steps into sub-factions.
    Finally.
    Someone who can read the map.

I'd go even further and have 4 factions. Give players an outlet for their evil faction desires since the horde was neutered under metzen.

only thing is, let the players all play together regardless of faction. Sure, there can be faction specific stories, action, cosmetics, etc... but at this point in WoW, we should all be able to raid, guild, and dungeon together. Regardless of character morality.

Give us that evil faction!

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I'd go even further and have 4 factions. Give players an outlet for their evil faction desires since the horde was neutered under metzen.

only thing is, let the players all play together regardless of faction. Sure, there can be faction specific stories, action, cosmetics, etc... but at this point in WoW, we should all be able to raid, guild, and dungeon together. Regardless of character morality.

Give us that evil faction!
    This.
    Let us have two more factions: an evil and a hippie one.
    And, on top of that, let us play together regardless of lore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The covenants are the first steps into sub-factions. Blizzard doesn't needs to do anything drastic. Merely creating more of these sub-factions and allowing players to commit more thoroughly, to the point of defecting the Alliance and the Horde would be the sensible way to introduce new factions into the lore.

This severely limits the story potential though. Death is but one of the six forces in WoW. To give it an entire faction will suddenly make the entire lore about Death.
    sooner or later it would be a war between cosmic forces and which Greater power of cosmic god you would line with aka Titanomachy. There was a reason there is a clear distinction between different energy/force and associated Titan ruling over it as well as dichotomy between the Pantheon and those on the seat of Pantheon vs. the rulers of Shadowlands. It was a clear move why Legion and Argus was dealt with first so they can lay those Titan rest for awhile and move away from them so we can focus elsewhere, aka Shadowlands and the 4 covenant and perhaps other more ruling powers or personification.

TLDR: Fel vs. Death, vs. Light vs. Shadow, Order vs Chaos/Disorder

There is not going to be third faction just get over it

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm honestly just shocked to be in a non rambling, totally coherent vertigo12 thread.
    Same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the title suggest it seems Shadowlands is foreshadowing a break from the norm and a new neutral faction would be part of WoW but seems to be an inverse of how Pandaren pick a faction.

With the addition of Shadowlands, the Covenant and all the "potential allied race" as addition to the existing Horde/Alliance: Ven'thyr, Bastion, Ardenweald and perhaps Maldraxxus, they might be the core races for this potential 3rd faction.

What are your thoughts? Do you approve on finally having a 3rd faction and break the norms of having just the Horde or Alliance?
    There already is a third faction they are called the big baddies and we kill them every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There already is a third faction they are called the big baddies and we kill them every expansion.
    You can't join them, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW should get rid of factions instead of adding more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 3rd faction with Anduin and someone else, sure. Sylvanas? I'm waiting for the funeral invitation still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You can't join them, though.
    You don't want to join them, because you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    You don't want to join them, because you will die.
    No. I'm pretty sure i do.
    People are tired of being the hero all the time.