Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Phase 2 PTR Coming Soon

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/holly-l...classic-323548

SSC/TK And Arena Season 2 maybe in a month. Too Soon?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Too soon. We just killed nightbane and magtheridon last week.

Do what they did with Classic and go "oops bugger all content in phase 1 heres Dire Maul Daily quest hubs for Ogri'la and Shat'ari Skyguard so you have something to do", and wait a maybe 8 weeks on the rest of phase 2 content.

Unless those hubs aren't phase 2 content in which case... ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Depends on how fast they want to cycle through TBC, if they're looking at a (almost) 2 year lifecycle of TBC, then yes, it's pretty fast unless they want to slap that time onto another phase.

TBC has 5 planned phases, if one assumes a 20 month lifecycle for TBC (which is similiar how long Classic lasted), then each phase should last around 4 months.
    TBC is now out for roughly 2 months, meaning a launch in late August / early September is would cut that short by about a month.

It strongly implies that Blizzard plans to keep TBC overall shorter than Classic, makes sense in the aspect that TBC overall is smaller than Classic and has fewer phases than Classic did.

While i like TBC overall and "cutting it short" pains me a bit, it's difficult to justify to further stall content, more 25man content is kinda needed at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's ptr and summer, might be a release for end of year

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Depends on how fast they want to cycle through TBC, if they're looking at a (almost) 2 year lifecycle of TBC, then yes, it's pretty fast unless they want to slap that time onto another phase.

TBC has 5 planned phases, if one assumes a 20 month lifecycle for TBC (which is similiar how long Classic lasted), then each phase should last around 4 months.
    TBC is now out for roughly 2 months, meaning a launch in late August / early September is would cut that short by about a month.

It strongly implies that Blizzard plans to keep TBC overall shorter than Classic, makes sense in the aspect that TBC overall is smaller than Classic and has fewer phases than Classic did.

While i like TBC overall and "cutting it short" pains me a bit, it's difficult to justify to further stall content, more 25man content is kinda needed at this point.
    These should have been in at launch and they will let t6 last awhile since its quite long

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    These should have been in at launch and they will let t6 last awhile since its quite long
    I disagree, T5 would've invalidated T4 far too quickly and cut TBC even shorter because you'd virtually delete one phase from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, T5 would've invalidated T4 far too quickly and cut TBC even shorter because you'd virtually delete one phase from it.
    Good, but also not necessarily because there's nothing stopping them from letting t6 and sunwell go on slightly longer

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Good, but also not necessarily because there's nothing stopping them from letting t6 and sunwell go on slightly longer
    I don't see the point of letting T6 / SWP run longer.

T6 isn't the hail mary of raid tiers, MH is infamous for being a huge pain due to wave trash, BT is a huge place with a ton of trash and god forbid if you wipe on one of those bosses and have to walk back.

Letting the last tier run longer is just bad, for similiar reasons as in Classic, people clear the place a few times and then call it until the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point of letting T6 / SWP run longer.

T6 isn't the hail mary of raid tiers, MH is infamous for being a huge pain due to wave trash, BT is a huge place with a ton of trash and god forbid if you wipe on one of those bosses and have to walk back.

Letting the last tier run longer is just bad, for similiar reasons as in Classic, people clear the place a few times and then call it until the next expansion.
    They'd run longer because they're going to be harder than naxx and at least in t6s case, people are realllllllllllllly gonna want glaives

Only thing I am sad to not see on those notes is the lack of commentary on Dual specs, if its coming or not.

Would love to have me some dual spec.

I mean I get why the pvp community wants to invalidate serpentshrine and eye weapons immediately, but why is that good game design?

Arena season 2 came out with Black Temple in actual TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Only thing I am sad to not see on those notes is the lack of commentary on Dual specs, if its coming or not.

Would love to have me some dual spec.
    Respec costs are pretty trivial considering the overall economy. Not prohibitive at all. I usually jump around between holy\prot on my pala and haven't thought of it as a concern yet.

As for having both specs configured, addons like GearQuipper offer that functionality. Godsend of an addon.

10+ Year Old Account

Dual Spec wasn't even a thing in Burning Crusade though
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Vanilla was too short and now TBC is looking like the same thing. There is a massive popularity fall off starting at Cata, so why are they trying to rush through the 3 most popular versions of the game? You would think they would try to do the opposite and stretch these out longer.

Sorry guys but servers starting to die already. There is nothing to do unless you have multiple characters running raids each week. (HC) Dungeons are already obsolete, auction house offers less than a half of the amount of items compared to the first couple of weeks.

T4 content offers absolutely no resistance. T5 content will be even worse, because most guilds wont have any problem in clearing it first ID and after that you have nothing but farm it once per character per week for months.

Sounds too soon. Arena started mid June ... would have expected at least 3 months of it. But then therr aren't many things to do.
    Wonder if they will actually go ahead and include Ogri'la and Skyguard earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Vanilla was too short and now TBC is looking like the same thing. There is a massive popularity fall off starting at Cata, so why are they trying to rush through the 3 most popular versions of the game? You would think they would try to do the opposite and stretch these out longer.
    Unlike the good old days most people don't play wow exclusively anymore. So if you stretch too much, people just go play the new season of x and then forget about you. There was a bunch of other games hype in the news cycle last week.

So they probably they have data showing that a significant portion of players lost interest in the current content and decided that they need to get back into the conversation.
    Last edited by owbu; 2021-07-26 at 07:59 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Only having 3 25man bosses to fight right now is the worst part of TBC. T5 can't come fast enough