Post Is the FF14 Fad Starting to Die Out Now?

So a few weeks has passed since the major shift.

The lengthy main story should be complete for most neckbeards and many casuals already.

Any indication that the fad is slowly but surely dying out, since after the itemization there is nothing else to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Professions could however be still kicking for many I assume wonder how long?

What is the general length before players tend to shift back to their curse of WoW again?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well, I ain't coming back until the next expansion at the earliest. FFXIV servers still appear to be pretty full.

I still have a *lot* to do in FFXIV. Despite the increased leveling speed, there is a lot to the main story line, and lots of dungeons that, as a new player, I haven't done. It certainly beats doing the same dungeon over and over and over again like in WoW IMO...but some people like repetition more than others...

Quote Originally Posted by Akecota View Post

The lengthy main story should be complete for most neckbeards and many casuals already.

Any indication that the fad is slowly but surely dying out, since after the itemization there is nothing else to do?

- - - Updated - - -

What is the general length before players tend to shift back to their curse of WoW again?
    Got bored super quick. I wasn't really a fan of the visuals, and the story felt super generic.

It'll dip within the next months. The addon release will once again spike it. But it'll probably be dominating the western market for the next quarters.

Its not really a fad.

FF14 is a more casual designed MMO. Its meant to be played and enjoyed as people want to, at the pace people want.

If WoW does not offer this style of content, then some people will choose to stay in FF more. If some people don't like FF after trying it, they will go back to WoW. This isn't just something that is popular for now, its really a choice on individuals for leaving WoW or trying FF for reasons beyond jumping on to some bandwagon.

Its like calling a new WoW expansion a fad for casuals who will come back to play new content and then leave again for 2 years till the next expansion. Thats not a fad, thats literally how certain people play games.

How should people know that without official reports stating that there's been upturns or downturns?

I don't know how often they put out reports on FFXIV's performance, WoW's next quarterly will be coming up though.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides the obvious bait post;

It takes most people more than a month to go from 1-80 and beat the entire MSQ. Either due to not rushing it, or because of the absurd amount of time it does take to churn through all of that content. The 'fad' has been increasing since Heavensward - so I don't know what you're wishing for there! The recent Asmongold shenanigans, Blizzard scandal, delayed 9.1 (And consequently, 9.2) and whatever else have made people look elsewhere. Let alone the past expansions and patches as well.

People don't generally 'shift' back to WoW anymore (This hasn't been a thing for awhile). They come back to try it out for a month, maybe two per patch or every once and awhile and skedaddle off like it has been for the last few expansions. Those who are playing it stick to it, the rest who do other things stick to those other things and poke their heads back in every now and again.

Like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    How should people know that without official reports stating that there's been upturns or downturns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

I don't know how often they put out reports on FFXIV's performance, WoW's next quarterly will be coming up though.

I know SE does a yearly report, but I can't remember if they do quarterly.

There were no any shift. Clearly FF is miles behind WoW in terms of open world, dungeons and raids, pvp and visual consistency. They might have better community that’s believable but then again, those who left are the ones who contributed to WoW toxicity. Over all history of WoW there were so much hype about any newcoming MMO that I think most of the people are just tired of them. Because none could match WoW in any areas. FF is no exception. The game is simply bad. It looks awful, have terrible UI and controls. Very simple mechanics. Terrible inconsistent korean-like visual style with oversexualised lolies. Who would want to play that.

WoW of course have a lot of problems but these clones are just laughable.

What’s FFXIV?? I’m still doing SWTOR story

- - - Updated - - -

Does it not have like 3 expansions worth of content and a 4th just about to drop? Seems like they will have plenty to do for a good while. I guess people may jump back into wow in the next expansion. Shadowlands is unfortunately a pile old pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Does it not have like 3 expansions worth of content and a 4th just about to drop? Seems like they will have plenty to do for a good while. I guess people may jump back into wow in the next expansion. Shadowlands is unfortunately a pile old pile of shit.
    It has more than what it seems on the tin. A Realm Reborn [Base] (2.0) + Post release (2.1-2.5) then every expansion after is the same. (Heavensward) 3.0 - 3.5, (Stormblood) 4.0-4.5, (Shadowbringers) 5.0 - 5.5, and now Endwalker, which according to the developers is as big as say, an expansions release PLUS up to the x.3 patch (Usually the ending patch of that expansion's entire main story before it segues into the next.)

You can't skip anything without money either, you have to go through every major patch's story to progress into the next. Some people hate it, others like it.

I mean it's pretty obvious the FOTM push for the game, along with the twitch partnership was nothing more than a fad.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, ff14 literally closed registrations last week due to the huge amount of new players.
    I am not playing it actively, but thinking that everything will go back to the way it was before is delusional, especially with 9.1 failing as hard as it does.
    And I am saying that as somebody who enjoys 9.1, but the amount of negative feedback is very high

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    There were no any shift. Clearly FF is miles behind WoW in terms of open world, dungeons and raids, pvp and visual consistency. They might have better community that’s believable but then again, those who left are the ones who contributed to WoW toxicity. Over all history of WoW there were so much hype about any newcoming MMO that I think most of the people are just tired of them. Because none could match WoW in any areas. FF is no exception. The game is simply bad. It looks awful, have terrible UI and controls. Very simple mechanics. Terrible inconsistent korean-like visual style with oversexualised lolies. Who would want to play that.

WoW of course have a lot of problems but these clones are just laughable.
    There is just so much wrong with that post, I don't even know where to start

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Got bored super quick. I wasn't really a fan of the visuals, and the story felt super generic.
    That was my problem to, the story in the beginning of very boring, as well as the combat system with the 2.5s gcd.
    The later story and combat system are apparently very different from the start and much much better, but how does that help me if I have to fight through the boring stuff first?

Fad? LMAO

It's getting more and more popular every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Being run by people who aren't sexual predators is a pretty strong mark in its favor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Fad? LMAO

It's getting more and more popular every day
    This.

FFXIV isn't some game that came out of nowhere. It's been around for roughly a decade and has steadily been getting more and more prominent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead