Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Signings isn't the manager's role anymore. Hasn't been for nearly a decade. That was Woodward's job, and he was godawful at it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Signings isn't the manager's role anymore. Hasn't been for nearly a decade. That was Woodward's job, and he was godawful at it.
    thats a bit of a copout, solsjkaer doesnt just sit there waiting for players to come in and then when they turn up to training one day introduce himself and think 'he must be a player for my team ill play him as a number 9' he also hasnt gone to whoever buys players and said 'i need a goal keeper' and then the buyer comes back with a left back, he will tell them what he needs to improve, who he prefers then they will have a look, if they cant get the player come back with options

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    thats a bit of a copout, solsjkaer doesnt just sit there waiting for players to come in and then when they turn up to training one day introduce himself and think 'he must be a player for my team ill play him as a number 9' he also hasnt gone to whoever buys players and said 'i need a goal keeper' and then the buyer comes back with a left back, he will tell them what he needs to improve, who he prefers then they will have a look, if they cant get the player come back with options
    But that's the thing, he can say "I want X Y and Z" then Woodward goes out and buys players not on the list that he didn't ask for instead while making a mess of the transfers the manager asked for.

We saw this with Jose and even Van Gaal.

The whole "manager has no impact on what signings a club make" is just such BS honestly. If you buy into that and don't want to put any blame on Ole that's fine but even setting that aside we have expensive players on the bench who are better than the players starting.

VDB was a weird one but Sancho 100% feels like an Ole signing. Really doubt the Glazers would just gladly buy a 80 million pound player for the bench. And if Ole didn't like Sancho then he'd say "listen we can get a DM for half of that and you save money".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The whole "manager has no impact on what signings a club make" is just such BS honestly. If you buy into that and don't want to put any blame on Ole that's fine but even setting that aside we have expensive players on the bench who are better than the players starting.

VDB was a weird one but Sancho 100% feels like an Ole signing. Really doubt the Glazers would just gladly buy a 80 million pound player for the bench. And if Ole didn't like Sancho then he'd say "listen we can get a DM for half of that and you save money".
    They're not better in the positions of the players who are starting, otherwise they'd be starting. You can't just play 6 attacking midfielders because they're good, that's not how any of this works.

Sancho and Bruno were Ole's signings, absolutely, but he had to wait unreasonable lengths of time to pick them up. Meanwhile Woodward is out signing Cavani, Ronaldo, Telles, Diallo, VDB because he can, not because they fit in the system Ole actually wants to play, so then Ole is stuck playing defensively for the same exact reason you forgive it for a new manager doing the best with what he's given. It's especially shit, because he's got players like Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, and youth like Elanga coming through who we've kept hold of and deserve a chance but won't get those chances - along with Sancho - because we're forced to play differently to what was planned because of the gulf between what's needed and what's bought.

Woodward is like the 'Even better than that!' guy from the Fast Show when it comes to transfers.

But that's the thing, he can say "I want X Y and Z" then Woodward goes out and buys players not on the list that he didn't ask for instead while making a mess of the transfers the manager asked for.

We saw this with Jose and even Van Gaal.
    were that the case he would have said, instead he has consistently said he is happy with the glazers and the staff around him. i dont actually recall mourinho saying anything about poor club management either and he is a proper bellend that will publicly go mad whenever he wants. I could be wrong there though

he doesnt need to be a moody cunt like mourinho either and ruin the atmosphere, literally say ' i asked to strengthen midfield, it didnt happen'

hes had plenty of opportunity.

ultimately though i doubt any of us on mmo c have any direct insight into the situation to be fair so we are all just speculating but my honest opinion is a good manager would have a team running and playing in his style l

10+ Year Old Account
    Mou made it very clear he didn't get the players he wanted in his last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They're not better in the positions of the players who are starting, otherwise they'd be starting. You can't just play 6 attacking midfielders because they're good, that's not how any of this works.
    You keep repeating this nonsense, but it doesn't make it the truth. Neither Fred or McT are defensive mid, neither is playing well, but both are selected almost every game. The only actual defensive mid we have is Matic and he rarely plays anymore.

So the "we can't play with 6 attacking midfielders" argument doesn't hold ANY weight when your darling is already doing that all the time.

Mou made it very clear he didn't get the players he wanted in his last season.
    That is 100% true. That does not mean that nobody was his choice, same with LvG before him and Ole at present. And it's still not an excuse AT ALL when Tuchel walked into Lampart's squad mid-season and won the FA Cup and the CL. But then again he is a proper manager, unlike the failed apprentice we have in charge and the cast of his supporting mates all over the media.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2021-11-03 at 07:20 PM.

Lol nice ref at the Ajax - BVB game.
    Hummels try to get the ball and a Ajax player steps on Hummels leg and falls down... red card for Hummels...

Ref in the Liverpool Atletico game is no better. Mane has been kicked around the place and he gets carded.

Another comfortable win against Besiktas. Nice one, Ajax! Hope we can beat Dortmund next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Ref in the Liverpool Atletico game is no better. Mane has been kicked around the place and he gets carded.
    Somewhat evened out in the end.

I can’t stand Simeone, so I’m glad he’s been tonked so comprehensively.

Spurs looking like Spurs again, score 3 let in 2 get a red card, and only an hour gone. Conte must be thinking wtf have I got myself into? Wish we only had Man Utds problems

Get ready for another Mourinho meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Spurs looking like Spurs again, score 3 let in 2 get a red card, and only an hour gone. Conte must be thinking wtf have I got myself into? Wish we only had Man Utds problems
    He did win his first game in charge though, not much more you can do than that. The game in the weekend is a bigger test though for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    You keep repeating this nonsense, but it doesn't make it the truth. Neither Fred or McT are defensive mid, neither is playing well, but both are selected almost every game. The only actual defensive mid we have is Matic and he rarely plays anymore.

So the "we can't play with 6 attacking midfielders" argument doesn't hold ANY weight when your darling is already doing that all the time.
    I said a couple of pages back they're not defensive midfielders, but they're being played as defensive midfielders, which is a problem in and of itself. We don't play Matic because he's slow, old, can't play more than two games a month, and on the edge of a straight red every minute he's on the pitch.

When I say we can't play with 6 attacking midfielders, I mean we can't play with 6 players set up as attacking midfielders, or frankly play with all our attacking midfield options on the pitch, because only one of them, Fred, actually puts the effort in to even try to do a job defensively.

Why do you think we don't set up with Bruno, Pogba, Mata, Sancho, VDB, Lingard and Fred on the pitch at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    He did win his first game in charge though, not much more you can do than that. The game in the weekend is a bigger test though for sure.
    Absolutely! I really hope he can get N;dombele and LoCelso playing to their potential, Best player Spurs have had in 20 years was Dembele, and N'Dombele plays a lot like him, if only he would

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this and thought of you..

Ole Gunnar solskjaer meets with Klopp. He asks him, "Your team wiped the floor with us 5 - 0 I cant get over it, how do you run such an efficient team? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says Klopp, "the most important thing is to sign intelligent players."

Solskjaer frowns. "But how do I know the players in my team are really intelligent?"

Klopp says. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."

Then Klopp phones Mo Salah. "Please Join me and OGS in here, would you?"

Salah walks into the room. "Yes, boss?"

Klopp smiles. "Answer me this, please, Mo. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Mo answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says Klopp.

Back at Old Trafford, Ole gunnar Solskjaer asks to see Harry Maguire.

"Harry, answer this for me. Your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says Harry. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Harry goes to to the whole Man Utd squad and asks every one he can find, but none can give him an answer. Finally, on the way out he bumps into Paul Pogba

Harry says, "Paul! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and your father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?

Paul Pogba says, "That's easy. It's me!"

Harry says. "Thanks!" and goes back to the Managers Office to speak with Ole gunnar Solskjaer.

Harry Says, "I did some research I asked the whole team and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Paul Pogba."

Ole gunnar Solskjaer, stomps over to Harry Maguire, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Mo Salah!"

De Gea doing everything he can to stop this being another 5-0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    De Gea doing everything he can to stop this being another 5-0.
    This aged poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This aged poorly.
    To be fair tho that goal wasn't his fault.... Shaw and / or Maguire have to do a lot better there. Especially Shaw. Saw a commentator saying you can even hear De Gea yelling "Away", but no one reacts. Hopefully these 2 home games will mean that Solskjaer will have to leave atleast.