Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine class design from MoP with WoD theme... that potentially could be best xpack ever.

Like literally every expansion the beginning was garbage
    5.1 was nothing
    5.2 was really cool
    5.3 was quick catch up
    5.4 was great just lasted too long

Take the MoP expansion
    Replace challenge mode with m+ with rewards at 5,10,and 15
    Replace the daily grind with emissaries
    Have flex and mythic in at day one

Literally BiS expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The daily nonsense at the start was awful. In my own sample size it broke the desire to play of just under half of a 4 year running 25 man group. It also had the worst raid to date HoF.

- - - Updated - - -

ToT was too long but SoO wasn't?
    Same amount of bosses but not as long between them. It felt like running the twice the distance in ToT and more trash. Distance from Tortoa to Magera, From Mag to Ji'Kun. It was just a pain in the sack travelling. I also wasn't a fan of the bosses in ToT which made it seem even longer on raid nights.

I mean everyone can have their own opinion and it was a long time ago that I might be misremembering but running over the dungeon in my mind as I type this, SoO had nothing like that length between bosses. The longest I can recall was after the shamans in SoO. And even then outside you could mount. *Shrug*

I didn’t care for the MoP aesthetic and story themes but classes were quite enjoyable and I had lots of fun in the Timeless Isle at the end. I’d take it over Shadowlands any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Do ya'll seriously think the furry market is THAT vast and marketable that wow absolutely has to get a piece of that pie.....
    Yes. Yes I do. See ff14

I loved the cinematic for MoP and the theme was fun and light hearted overall. The zones were beautiful and fun to explore, the story was great imo. The initial daily grind was painful but the patches and raids were great.

In terms of classic relaunches I'm looking forward to Wrath and MoP more than any others

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Imagine class design from MoP with WoD theme... that potentially could be best xpack ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    I didn’t care for the MoP aesthetic and story themes but classes were quite enjoyable and I had lots of fun in the Timeless Isle at the end. I’d take it over Shadowlands any day.
    Oh yeah! Classes were deff at the top, not perfect by any mean, just the best WoW has ever seen. Then again, MoP also destroyed Ferals so.. can't forget that!
    MoP classes were kinda simple, yet entertaining to play as well. Later they thied to give that design a spin convoluting it further and further.

I disliked it back then aswell... now i checke the video and i saw i liked it some years ago.

I disliked it cause Pandas, but since WoD my main is MW Monk Panda. Its the kind of dislike like "i dont know it, it doesnt look cool, safe its trash". But if u play a bit pandas and trying to judge "natural" about it they are pretty awesome. Lore, Art, Class, all was/is pretty good.

Best part about MoP was Class Designe. Monk, Shadow, Warrior, Pally, Shaman... all were awesome and fun, after that they got butchered more and more, and my beloved MW Monk is butchered up to date... maybe next expansion they fix it... if i believe enough it will happen... for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Yes. Yes I do. See ff14
    I think furies are the last reason why players pick FF14 tbh. They are usually rare in Final Fantasy games. FF14 took quite a bit from FF10/12 (Kimahri's cat race) / Fran's Bunny race) but beside that not many furies there. It's just the better game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Cata was supposed to "save" WoW and the dislike grew because "lol PandaZ"
    I think a lot of us forget it now, but the concept behind Cataclysm was really exciting with refreshing the old world, and Deathwing was a great villain. It was a highly anticipated expansion. MoP turned out vastly superior in the end but few looked forward to it. The concept wasn't presented well, and it originally fell back on faction warfare with no real villain.

WoD was obviously stupid, nobody wanted that crap before, during, or after. Legion was highly anticipated and largely lived up to the hype. BFA again, pretty stupid, faction war, no villain. Shadowlands is a neat concept but the villain has the same issue as the LK in WoTLK, you don't see the dude or know what he's about. Sylvanas you do see, but half the playerbase still likes her.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-07-14 at 01:09 PM.

Yes, everybody was really excited about that, me included. Before the WoW developers decided they hated flying, dang near 100% of the playerbase loved it.

I never got the hate it did when it was current, it was a bit content short but overall I enjoyed it - it had a strong Classic vibe despite being modern for it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The daily nonsense at the start was awful. In my own sample size it broke the desire to play of just under half of a 4 year running 25 man group. It also had the worst raid to date HoF.
    You probably have quit the game since then, since it's been WAY worse at that since then and especially on Legion onwards. You are now objectively forced to run mundane daily and weekly chores in order to be optimal at raiding/pvp and their excuse is "some casuals like it" which is nonsense since casuals don't have to contaminate the hard core world since they have plenty of casual grinds already.

I didn't really like all that Asian/panda theme first, but when I tried it, was pleasantly surprised with visual style - it was pretty good and calm. Return of world bosses was nice thing as well. But lore was mediocre at best, as well as raids (I raided as maintank during the first patch). And there was sooo many dailies that were too boring. So I couldn't last there, and soon after 5.1 release I unsubbed and didn't come back until WoD (which lasted even less for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Can we conclude that MoP wasn't that liked by the playerbase?
    Going by sub numbers alone, MoP was more popular than every expansion after it.

Yes the announcement was met with mockery on the online forums, but the mockery quickly dissipated when the actual expansion dropped. MoP had the most positively received questing experience in the history of the game. Class design peaked in MoP and was never again so well received, especially with Warlocks and Monks being quite beloved. Everyone loved Rusell Brower's and Jeremy Soule's soundtrack. Throne of Thunder and SoO were amazingly well received, and to this day are usually ranked in the top 5 best raids in the game. No endgame zone has been as well received as Timeless Isle. True, the 14 month long content drought after 5.4's release was unfortunate, but that has nothing to do with the actual quality of the expansion itself.

The timeless isle is my absolute favorite zone of all time and is how a good area with no flying can be done. It was just the icing on the cake imo for a pretty good expansion. Started slow but introduced a lot of unique things. People were just insecure about the panda thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The expansion itself isn't bad but its theming sure ruined a lot of its potential. The gameplay was solid, I like that they attempted to tell new stories that isn't born from WC3, the zones were mostly beautiful and the questing was fun, but the theming... it was just too much.
    I personally thought that the MoP trailer was pretty great. Prior WoW expansion trailers had a grim theme, and were about the Horde and the Alliance teaming up against the big bad of the week. The MoP trailer instead got back to WoW's fundamentals: Horde vs Alliance, and explorations. There was no world ending threat looming on the horizon; it was just seeing the WoW world move in motion, and it was refreshingly portrayed in a less grim way (though the actual content was quite dark).

7+ Year Old Account
    The most felicitous of characteristics' organization (PvP/PvE/basic/bonus) and side activity (farm/Brawler's Guild) same as challenges (no M+) and scenarios (much better alternative instead of phasing), not bad raids, the only sane possible version of LFR, flex technology and, as already mentioned, quite original story. That's all I could mention right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    - snip -
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-07-15 at 05:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Going by sub numbers alone, MoP was more popular than every expansion after it.

Yes the announcement was met with mockery on the online forums, but the mockery quickly dissipated when the actual expansion dropped. MoP had the most positively received questing experience in the history of the game. Class design peaked in MoP and was never again so well received, especially with Warlocks and Monks being quite beloved. Everyone loved Rusell Brower's and Jeremy Soule's soundtrack. Throne of Thunder and SoO were amazingly well received, and to this day are usually ranked in the top 5 best raids in the game. No endgame zone has been as well received as Timeless Isle. True, the 14 month long content drought after 5.4's release was unfortunate, but that has nothing to do with the actual quality of the expansion itself.
    MoP is the expansion that lost the most subscribers. WoD regained those but thanks to MoP being a failure they had to cut content.

MoP fans can not see the obvious and make up excuses. It was a terrible expansion that no one asked for.
    Last edited by Overlordd; 2021-07-14 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The timeless isle is my absolute favorite zone of all time and is how a good area with no flying can be done. It was just the icing on the cake imo for a pretty good expansion. Started slow but introduced a lot of unique things. People were just insecure about the panda thing.
    Love and hate relationship with the timeless isle here and I bet most players are with me on this. While it was fun (at least at the start) it was almost exclusively peak manipulation of the dopamine responses of people.

It needed almost no skill to progress in it and it was mainly based on a constant spam of drops of shinnies that made it pretty obvious you participate more in a circlejerk than in progress that actually required skill to accomplish something hard.