Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spoiler New Book

Nothing to contribute. But maybe someone is interested.
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...08778380832772

Well nothing too surprising or big news, it just confirms that Mathias Shaw and Flynn aren't the ones exploring Kalimdor but Rokhan and Rexxar instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Well nothing too surprising or big news, it just confirms that Mathias Shaw and Flynn aren't the ones exploring Kalimdor but Rokhan and Rexxar instead.
    We can assume that they will not tell us anything about the Kaldorei territory because they will not be able to pass so the only important thing in the book for the current lore is how far they cannot pass.
    From my point of view.

Because the rest of Kalimndor should not have major changes since Cata. Not?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    We can assume that they will not tell us anything about the Kaldorei territory because they will not be able to pass so the only important thing in the book for the current lore is how far they cannot pass.
    From my point of view.

Because the rest of Kalimndor should not have major changes since Cata. Not?
    Most of WOW territories haven't changed since Cataclysm at best anyway, the only place where things had really progressed in the Eastern Kingdoms book was Southshore which had been decontaminated and on its way to be restored.

Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Quel'Thalas, Alterac, Westall and others are still in the same state even if things should have really started to change a long time ago. Stromgarde is the only place in the EK when things really moved on and even it should have happened a while ago too.

I just double checked through my The Art of Cataclysm copy, searched around online, and to no avail just yet have I found the source of that art of the Barrens.

I do wonder if this was done for this book? Could double as concept art. 11.0 I'm looking at you >.>

update me if you search for and find the source yourself.

Also I noticed while looking through The Art of Catacylsm, that the layout of that Barrens Page is rather similar to some of the little POV lore blurbs about The Shattering that appear in between chapters/sections.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-07-12 at 10:03 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Are you reading something different elsewhere? This appears as if it's Zekhan and Rexxar.

So Night Elven lands will not be explored? They couldn't have a seperate chapter where a Night Elf explores Kaldorei territory?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So Night Elven lands will not be explored? They couldn't have a seperate chapter where a Night Elf explores Kaldorei territory?
    It should have been the books backwards. Eastern kingdoms on the side of the Horde because Anduin promotes peace.
    And Kalimndor sided with the Kaldorei in an attempt by the Horde to promote peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Nothing to contribute. But maybe someone is interested.
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...08778380832772
    Lol guess this one is from Zekhan's point of view......since well.....the last one was from the titans point of view
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar is a fucking Chad. That dude; he fucks.

*sees it's not the Grimoire*

Darn.

So is this book going to be canon for the next 12 months until Blizzard comes with a new expansion that retcons it out and says "That was all information from the perspective of Shaw and Flynn"

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So is this book going to be canon for the next 12 months until Blizzard comes with a new expansion that retcons it out and says "That was all information from the perspective of Shaw and Flynn"
    You got it. Canon till the next patch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Lol guess this one is from Zekhan's point of view......since well.....the last one was from the titans point of view
    Speaking of Zekhan, why is he a diplomat now? As far as I'm aware he has 0 diplomatic experience, and barely any combat experience for that matter.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Speaking of Zekhan, why is he a diplomat now? As far as I'm aware he has 0 diplomatic experience, and barely any combat experience for that matter.
    He started as one in the shadow rising book they choose him after he saved the zandalari queen and because he was a nobody so they’d be less suspect of him.

It’s likely because he did so well in that roll there having him get more experience and training with rexxar to protect him while
    Doing so.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

There is literally no other Pj to put in his place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because apparently audience likes him so they will shove him everywhere for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Are you reading something different elsewhere? This appears as if it's Zekhan and Rexxar.
    My mind must have switched with the name of another character, though he's not a character for who I care much anyway.

Bit disappointing that the Barrens haven't been turned into a full-on jungle because of the druid intervention, but I guess they want to keep the desert/savannah feel even in a revamp/.

- - - Updated - - -

My mind must have switched with the name of another character, though he's not a character for who I care much anyway.
    You're probably thinking of Rokhan, who I am going to guess was the original character for this book (seeing as he and Rexxar are old friends) but they probably replaced him with Zekhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Bit disappointing that the Barrens haven't been turned into a full-on jungle because of the druid intervention, but I guess they want to keep the desert/savannah feel even in a revamp/.

- - - Updated - - -

You're probably thinking of Rokhan, who I am going to guess was the original character for this book (seeing as he and Rexxar are old friends) but they probably replaced him with Zekhan.
    Yeah, it's honnestly really sad how little zones change in WOW, barring the revamps that happened during Cataclysm. Ah yes it was him I was thinking about, though I should have remembered that he was the new official leader of the Darkspear tribe.