Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Is there any concern that Squeenix will frown upon this? I know that in the past, there were comments made about they tolerate ACT as a 3rd party but I don't know a specific stance.

Either way, I like what is happening here and look forward to more!

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Are texture options possible for the unitframe bars? Also one of my main gripes with the game's UI is the lack of information that the nameplates offer. I quickly missed my plater setup when firing up FFXIV. No buff/debuff icon information or castbars.

I really wish at some point Square will just allow addons officially. Their base UI is still insanely restrictive in many elements. You can move and rescale elements and that's just about it. Can't change font, color, icon grow orientation, the nameplates that I just mentioned, their personal flytexts are auto enabled/disabled with the enemy combat text and stuck at a certain position in the screen, and so on. It doesn't even make sense that they advertise their UI of being super customizable but have no profile import/export feature.

Anywho /rant off. Glad this type of project is being worked on. I'm currently using a handful of mods via Textools myself. Mods and external tools are currently in the camp of "don't ask, don't tell" with the game which I'm sure is a huge detterent in mod creations to the game.
    If you are talking about nameplates, the bars that appears above the head of actors (3d models) then no. But it will be possible for aggro list (list of enemies you have aggro on).

I will also make it possible to add your own custom CSS so that even if i miss some settings people will be able to do crazy shit with it taking full control over styling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nipawin View Post
    Is there any concern that Squeenix will frown upon this? I know that in the past, there were comments made about they tolerate ACT as a 3rd party but I don't know a specific stance.

As long as it doesn't do anything thats clearly not possible with default UI (ie drawing in 3D space) it should be fine. It's not a dps meter so you can't even be dick about it. Its just a different skin. Btw new TTS options -

Yes those DO work, it basically reads from chat, requires beta version of OverlayPlugin.

New party settings, party has been now standarized with player/target frame with all of the widgets like hp, mana, name job level
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Nipawin View Post

It's pretty much "don't ask, don't tell". Many are using the DPS meter and custom shaders (literally enhances or changes the look of your game) without any issue. Square claims there is nothing on their end to check what's running in the background. The only ones getting suspended for using a DPS meter are those who flame others for underperforming.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see something more like ElvUI the current ingame UI is indeed bad

Awesome!

2 possibly realistic asks:
    1) horizontal orientation of the Party frame
    2) Add role colors for the Party members

Now that i got back from holiday, also resumed work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Awesome!

2 possibly realistic asks:
    1) horizontal orientation of the Party frame
    2) Add role colors for the Party members
    Horizontal party is going to have to wait but we have class colors now, also border around the screen plus some new customizations

(screenshot taken from test environment)

I need to work now on auras and party sorting plus role indicator
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Starting to look a lot like the old Stuf Unit Frames. Very nice.

OK So here is the installation guide.

Keep in mind that this is PRE ALPHA
    (mods note: please keep it big and red so people dont bother me too much)

https://github.com/kaminaris/Next-UI...ter/INSTALL.md

So I am not interested in bug reports yet It's not feature complete. You can test it at your own risk. IF you can't install it following guide then probably you should wait for full release.

I am interested in people wishes.

Here is the dungeon vid, also updated first post with it.

IF you have a customization wish, post it here: https://github.com/kaminaris/Next-UI/issues
    1 Issue = 1 Wish.
    If there is already a wish you would like to have, DO NOT RESPOND, just put thumbs up underneath it.

EDIT:

Example of what can you do with it:

https://streamable.com/fip69d
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-08-30 at 10:48 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Focus frame has been added and I've worked quite far with CustomElements (tm) aka WeakAuras

For now we have:
    Never/Always active triggers
    Status (aura) trigger = can show element if aura is present on some actor
    Ability use trigger = can show after someone used some ability (can be used to show cooldowns)
    Headmarker trigger = boss specific markers
    Player marker trigger = mark on your head (or any other actor)

I also rectract my stance about targetting.

IT WILL BE POSSIBLE*

* Once dalamud plugin is released. Will require XIVLauncher
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV