Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

free trial limitations

up until now i hadn't really felt or cared about the limitations of the free trial, because the stuff i was doing either didn't have any restrictions, or if it was restricted in some way it didn't impact on my gameplay, however, i picked up a quest called 'a relic reborn', as i understand it this is the first 'relic weapon' quest the game had and is really only done for cosmetic reasons, however as i'm a free trial player there's not much for me to really do once i finish the main quests etc, upon starting this quest i was able to do the first step pretty easily without much/any hassle whatsoever, then step 2 comes along, and in order to progress past this stage i need to stop playing my main job (summoner) and level 3 different crafting/gathering jobs simultaneously in order to obtain the item this second step of the quest is asking me to, all because the free trial has no access to any market boards and is unable to trade with any other player in the game, after asking a kind person to check the market for the item i needed, it would have only cost me 16k gil, which is well within my budget to afford, due to both real world financial issues preventing me from just buying the game outright and not having to deal with this limitation, i do feel like banning trading is fine, but not having access to the market is a little bit much, i know the reason behind it is to likely stop people from abusing the economy etc, but that said if trading is left as a banned action then why (outside of a coding problem) is the market restriction in place?, sigh i'm just pissed that in order to finish this quest i need to spend 4x as much time levelling 'alt jobs' in order to craft the stuff i need due to an inability to fast track through it with money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh... all I am doing is crafting and gathering... the combat sucks for me so not doing any of that... looks like I am not missing much...
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    sigh i'm just pissed that in order to finish this quest i need to spend 4x as much time levelling 'alt jobs' in order to craft the stuff i need due to an inability to fast track through it with money.
    Yeah, that sucks. If you don't want to pay and want to do it via gathering and crafting, here is the fastest way to level those jobs:

If you have finished the 3.3 MSQ, you can unlock a zone called the Firmament, which is the fastest way to level up crafting and gathering jobs (except for Fisher) in the game. You'll want to level miner and botanist first: buy survival manuals from your Grand Company and use one, which boosts your gatherer EXP gain by 50%. Then drink food for another 3% exp buff. Then go to the Firmament, enter the Diadem, and just mine away for hours and hours. Window the game so you can watch netflix or youtube. I'd recommend creating a new UI preset for gathering and scale up the size of the minimap to make it really huge so you know where the next gathering node is without having to really look at the screen. This way, you can get miner and botanist to level 60 in just a few hours (and if you buy the game, a few more hours to get to 80).

For Fisher, you just pop a survival manual and do the ocean fishing expedition trip, which takes 15 minutes and happens once every 2 hours. In a few hours of actual game time, you will reach level 80.

Once you hit 60 on your botanist and miner, you should have accumulated a lot of Diadem mats, which you can use to quickly level up your crafting jobs in the Firmament by crafting Skybuilder's items for turn in. You will still need to acquire non-Diadem mats (either by buying off of the market board, or farming them yourself with your overlevelled gatherers, but buying is more time efficient IMO. Use Universalies to search for the lowest prices on your data center). Before you start crafting, use an engineering manual (bought from your grand company) to increase crafter exp gain by 50%. Drink food for another 3% exp buff. The picture below tells you the optimal way to level up each crafter (pink is a levequest out in the world, blue is a skybuilder's item you craft to turn in at the Firmament).

I'll translate OP:
    Bwahahahahahaha THIS IS SO UNFAIR! After playing trough the main game and an expansion for FREE i found a transmog quest and now i'm forced to play the game more instead of buying stuff on the auctionhouse! THIS IS A LITTLE BIT TOO MUCH! I mean, sure, bots and gold sellers could abuse free accounts with AH access, BUT THIS IS ABOUT ME!!! I have to level jobs now in a free game!!!! HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!

I know there are poor people who can't afford this game. And there are cheep people. And there are cheep fuckers with attitude. But then there are you with this thread at the bottom...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I'll translate OP:
    Bwahahahahahaha THIS IS SO UNFAIR! After playing trough the main game and an expansion for FREE i found a transmog quest and now i'm forced to play the game more instead of buying stuff on the auctionhouse! THIS IS A LITTLE BIT TOO MUCH! I mean, sure, bots and gold sellers could abuse free accounts with AH access, BUT THIS IS ABOUT ME!!! I have to level jobs now in a free game!!!! HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!

I know there are poor people who can't afford this game. And there are cheep people. And there are cheep fuckers with attitude. But then there are you with this thread at the bottom...
    thanks for being a total thundercunt with your response, lets just set something straight right away:

> the quest i'm on when i started it, i was under the assumption it was for a 'current content to me' epic weapon, since it's a purple quality item.

> i want you to explain, in simple terms since you seem incapable of stringing together a cohesive sentence more than a few words at a time how any bots or gold sellers could abuse the AH if trading items/gold on the free trial is still locked?

> i have no issues with levelling up anything, i just wish i had known ahead of time what it would entail, and just so there's no confusion, i almost died at the start of this year because of this pandemic, i have been stuck barely able to afford the basics, so if i could pay for this game i fucking would and i would be happy to because i have had a lot of fun so far, but i guess being thundercunt mcgee over there you can't see past your own ego and self importance long enough to care what anybody else is going through eh?

as a final note, you're free to interpret things however you like, doesn't mean you're right, not even close, but if it helps you get through the day then you do you honey boo boo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of agree with Vilendor his/her assessment.
    I myself played the trial and tried to get as much out of it before buying, and I get that the limitation works against your goal ingame, but you have to remember that it's a trial, you get to play a big part of the game for free, with very little restrictions.
    I myself found the gilcap more annoying than not being able to complete the relic quest due to no access to the market.
    compared to all the mmo trials and f2p structures that i've seen, ff14 is by far the most generous one.
    If the completion of that one quest means so much to you, why not just buy the game and buy the item on the market already?

oh, and not much to do? have you leveled all jobs already?
    i spent a good 3 months in trial getting as many jobs to max level as possible before buying the game, and had a lot of fun doing so.

Not being able to group with other trial accounts was my biggest complaint, it makes it incredibly difficult to play with friends also trying out the game.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

up until now i hadn't really felt or cared about the limitations of the free trial, because the stuff i was doing either didn't have any restrictions, or if it was restricted in some way it didn't impact on my gameplay, however, i picked up a quest called 'a relic reborn', as i understand it this is the first 'relic weapon' quest the game had and is really only done for cosmetic reasons, however as i'm a free trial player there's not much for me to really do once i finish the main quests etc, upon starting this quest i was able to do the first step pretty easily without much/any hassle whatsoever, then step 2 comes along, and in order to progress past this stage i need to stop playing my main job (summoner) and level 3 different crafting/gathering jobs simultaneously in order to obtain the item this second step of the quest is asking me to, all because the free trial has no access to any market boards and is unable to trade with any other player in the game, after asking a kind person to check the market for the item i needed, it would have only cost me 16k gil, which is well within my budget to afford, due to both real world financial issues preventing me from just buying the game outright and not having to deal with this limitation, i do feel like banning trading is fine, but not having access to the market is a little bit much, i know the reason behind it is to likely stop people from abusing the economy etc, but that said if trading is left as a banned action then why (outside of a coding problem) is the market restriction in place?, sigh i'm just pissed that in order to finish this quest i need to spend 4x as much time levelling 'alt jobs' in order to craft the stuff i need due to an inability to fast track through it with money.
    You do understand that the free trial only went to like level 30 when it first came out and that it was added way after the quest you are mentioning was added right? The market restriction is in place for the same reason all of the other ones are. It is to prevent gold farmers and spammers from corrupting the game. That is honestly a good enough reason for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Not being able to group with other trial accounts was my biggest complaint, it makes it incredibly difficult to play with friends also trying out the game.
    Yeah it's annoying, but imagine the spam invites and whispers from gold sellers. If you play wow, then you will know how crazy that gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    You do understand that the free trial only went to like level 30 when it first came out and that it was added way after the quest you are mentioning was added right? The market restriction is in place for the same reason all of the other ones are. It is to prevent gold farmers and spammers from corrupting the game. That is honestly a good enough reason for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's annoying, but imagine the spam invites and whispers from gold sellers. If you play wow, then you will know how crazy that gets.
    no, i was not aware of that because to be totally honest i have not touched a FF game since the original playstation days and have never planned on playing any other games in the franchise since that time because there were just too many and i wasn't really willing to put any time into them, also i signed up and started the free trial with absolutely no knowledge of anything in game, how any systems worked, how the game actually played, or what restrictions were in place, having known about the wow 'free trial' i assumed it would be almost the same with some minor changes here/there to accommodate how this game works, and i was very wrong about that, as i have mentioned above i'm not against having to go through the trouble of levelling up 3 different jobs just to be able to craft a single item i need for a quest as there is literally no other way for me to acquire that item otherwise, plus it will allow me to be able to do the same quest again for other combat style jobs in the future if i plan to play something else and need stuff down the line etc.

outside of a coding issue that can't be fixed, what possible reason could they have to prevent people from buying items from the open market while still keeping the trade ban in place?, they could even make it so that you can't list anything, and unless i'm missing something even as a bot it would need to do a whole bunch of quest content in the game to get any kind of money stockpile in order to mass buy items that would potentially have some kind of affect on that market functioning, as i say unless it's a technical limitation that's unreasonable to spend time on, i don't really see the harm in letting people buy items from the market system, it would also allow people to become accustomed to the mail system, because there's literally nothing the mail system is used for as a free trial user, you want players to have as much experience with all your systems and while the main aim is obviously the gameplay/story side of things, there's smaller sides of the game that have been pushed to the side i feel.

what's stopping them from making it so you have to be actual 'friends' to invite someone and/or add them to groups, as well as requiring them to be 'friends' to communicate with in game, again as above unless there's a legitimate technical limitation i don't see why something like this can't be implemented.

outside of a coding issue that can't be fixed, what possible reason could they have to prevent people from buying items from the open market while still keeping the trade ban in place?, they could even make it so that you can't list anything, and unless i'm missing something even as a bot it would need to do a whole bunch of quest content in the game to get any kind of money stockpile in order to mass buy items that would potentially have some kind of affect on that market functioning, as i say unless it's a technical limitation that's unreasonable to spend time on, i don't really see the harm in letting people buy items from the market system, it would also allow people to become accustomed to the mail system, because there's literally nothing the mail system is used for as a free trial user, you want players to have as much experience with all your systems and while the main aim is obviously the gameplay/story side of things, there's smaller sides of the game that have been pushed to the side i feel.
    An army of bots on free trial accounts buying massive amounts of cheap items from people with actual accounts can still horribly disrupt the economy and rack up massive profits. Don't need to buy 1 thing for 1 million gil when you can make as many free accounts as you want and buy 1000 things with 1000 gil.

what's stopping them from making it so you have to be actual 'friends' to invite someone and/or add them to groups, as well as requiring them to be 'friends' to communicate with in game, again as above unless there's a legitimate technical limitation i don't see why something like this can't be implemented.
    "Friends" in game just means you both hit a button to put each other on a list that would allow you to circumvent things they don't want circumvented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    An army of bots on free trial accounts buying massive amounts of cheap items from people with actual accounts can still horribly disrupt the economy and rack up massive profits. Don't need to buy 1 thing for 1 million gil when you can make as many free accounts as you want and buy 1000 things with 1000 gil.

"Friends" in game just means you both hit a button to put each other on a list that would allow you to circumvent things they don't want circumvented.
    how would these bots get that money when there's a trading ban in place?, atm on the free trial you cannot interact with anybody in a trading capacity, so you would need to have the bot play a huge chunk of the game in order to get a decent amount of money saved up to begin with, and if in my proposition there's a ban on listing items, they can't just have someone buy a worthless junk item for an extortionate amount of money giving the free trial account a stockpile to work with, i highly doubt bot makers would be interested in having to make them go do quests for 100's of hours for so litter benefit/reward.

how would these bots get that money when there's a trading ban in place?
    How did you get your money on your free trial account? Just because people can't trade doesn't mean there aren't ways for bots to earn money, even if it's relatively little money. Again, remember that they can make a literal army of these things, so they don't all have to have tons of gil.

[/QUOTE]i highly doubt bot makers would be interested in having to make them go do quests for 100's of hours for so litter benefit/reward.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised what they'd be willing to do, but you're assuming they'd HAVE to spend 100's of hours to get to the point where they could get money, they would not. Just mass kill enemies in the ARR zones, sell the drops to NPCs....you ARE able to sell your items to NPC's right? Doing that for enough hours with enough people will get them plenty enough gil to disrupt the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you get your money on your free trial account? Just because people can't trade doesn't mean there aren't ways for bots to earn money, even if it's relatively little money. Again, remember that they can make a literal army of these things, so they don't all have to have tons of gil.
    i highly doubt bot makers would be interested in having to make them go do quests for 100's of hours for so litter benefit/reward.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised what they'd be willing to do, but you're assuming they'd HAVE to spend 100's of hours to get to the point where they could get money, they would not. Just mass kill enemies in the ARR zones, sell the drops to NPCs....you ARE able to sell your items to NPC's right? Doing that for enough hours with enough people will get them plenty enough gil to disrupt the economy.[/QUOTE]

i'll list you the full set of free trial limitations just to see what you can and cannot do:

> Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.

> One (1) Free Trial account may be registered to a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.

> Free Trial Players can purchase select in-game items from the FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Store during the Free Trial. Not all in-game items are available for purchase by Free Trial Players (e.g., in-game item gift codes).

> Free Trial Players can create up to eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per World.

> Free Trial account characters have all their levels capped at level sixty (60).

> Free Trial account characters can possess a maximum of 300,000 gil (in-game currency).

> Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout," "yell," or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot trade with other players during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot send in-game letters using the moogle delivery service during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot hire retainers during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell or Cross-World Linkshell if invited but cannot create a new Linkshell or Cross-World Linkshell during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot create or join a PvP team or participate in The Feast (Ranked Match) or The Feast (Team Ranked Match) during the Free Trial.

> Free Trial Players cannot log into the Lodestone, the official forum, or Companion application during the Free Trial.

now, you or someone else is gonna have to tell me what the actual game economy looks like, because i have no idea, but i highly doubt allowing people to just simply purchase items from the lower level stockpile market economy would actually harm the 'real' economy of the game in any meaningful way, because using WoW as the best comparison, you are allowed to list and buy from the AH as a 'free trial' player, and honestly unless you somehow find a monsoon wave of new players all desperately needing copper ore etc, it's not gonna have much if any real effect on the playerbase at large since 99.9999% of people playing do not have any need for those kinds of low level materials at all outside of maybe power levelling a new profession or something.

while obviously my suggested change came from my perspective that it's gonna take me months now to finish this quest off whereas up until now i have had to spend no more than a few hours at a time on any given quest and i need to spend a whole bunch of time in game doing tasks that i can't even benefit from (i.e. i can't then sell on anything i make unless it's to an npc vendor), and i'm getting pretty close to the gil cap with no way to really adequately spend it to the point where i have enough to cover repair costs and even mass buying vendor items doesn't help because of the limited inventory space, so based on my 'basic' understanding and experience of the in game economy so far, i would say that my suggestion isn't without some merit regardless of whether it is self serving or not.

[SNIP]
    Thanks for the breakdown.

If they kept all the other restrictions in place except for being able to buy from the MB it would only take one real account working alongside the army of bots to disrupt things as the army of free trial bots could funnel gil to the real account by buying shitloads of low level stupid stuff from the MB. The bots by themselves wouldn't be able to do much, it's what they could do alongside one real account with access to the MB and trading and such. The bots would be the backbone of the RMT trade while the one real account does all the transactions and actually conducts the business. Preventing bots from being able to even have that kind of role significantly reduces the amount of RMT that occurs in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the breakdown.

If they kept all the other restrictions in place except for being able to buy from the MB it would only take one real account working alongside the army of bots to disrupt things as the army of free trial bots could funnel gil to the real account by buying shitloads of low level stupid stuff from the MB. The bots by themselves wouldn't be able to do much, it's what they could do alongside one real account with access to the MB and trading and such. The bots would be the backbone of the RMT trade while the one real account does all the transactions and actually conducts the business. Preventing bots from being able to even have that kind of role significantly reduces the amount of RMT that occurs in-game.
    could you tell me then, based on your best guess, what the avg player is running around with money-wise at the end game level, what's a 'normal' amount of gil someone would be expected to have as a 'normal' player?

because here's the thing, even if i did all the quests in the game at the point i'm at, i would probably hit the gil cap pretty quickly, but that would exhaust my source of funds pretty quickly, yes i could go grind monsters in the world, but they only drop a tiny fraction of a level relevant quest reward (on avg i'm getting a few hundred gil from killing lvl 48-52 enemies and not even 30-40 gil when doing a dungeon per enemy killed), lets just say for sake of arguement my proposed change was added, a trial account can only hold a maximum of 300k currency, assuming a similar level of economic maturation as seen in the newer realms in WoW (around the time FF14 came out etc), and the money sinks in place now to drain the multiple millions of gold in circulation, i would assume that 300k wouldn't get you very far, and keep in mind once a trial account has exhausted these sources of money, there's not much you can do to get that kind of income level quickly so if anybody was really REALLY desperate to upset an economy that badly they would need to make thousands of 'trial' accounts and run them in sync and pray not to get IP banned to make it worth the time/effort, and since square enix seems at least somewhat competent in terms of moderation and cyber security unlike some more well known companies *cough blizzard cough*, i find it difficult to believe they wouldn't have safeguards in place to help with this sort of issue in the first place.

could you tell me then, based on your best guess, what the avg player is running around with money-wise at the end game level, what's a 'normal' amount of gil someone would be expected to have as a 'normal' player?
    I can't speak to "normal" just myself who doesn't even try to make money aside from doing my best to get the most gil for the items I'm selling (ie checking MB for the price of stuff before putting it there vs selling to a vendor).

I have anywhere between 2-8 million gil depending on where in the patch/ expansion cycle I am all typically made by selling the excess materia I earn, find or create from spiritbonding.

because here's the thing, even if i did all the quests in the game at the point i'm at, i would probably hit the gil cap pretty quickly, but that would exhaust my source of funds pretty quickly, yes i could go grind monsters in the world, but they only drop a tiny fraction of a level relevant quest reward (on avg i'm getting a few hundred gil from killing lvl 48-52 enemies and not even 30-40 gil when doing a dungeon per enemy killed),
    What about the mob drops? Materia from spirit bonding? Materials from gathering? Rewards from levequests?

lets just say for sake of arguement my proposed change was added, a trial account can only hold a maximum of 300k currency, assuming a similar level of economic maturation as seen in the newer realms in WoW (around the time FF14 came out etc), and the money sinks in place now to drain the multiple millions of gold in circulation, i would assume that 300k wouldn't get you very far,
    For a single person, it won't get you very far, but multiply that by a few dozen? That's a big chunk of change. People who are literally doing this for a living won't use the gil sinks they'll walk everywhere or just park it in an area they can farm endlessly to make as much gil per hour as is feasible for them.

and keep in mind once a trial account has exhausted these sources of money, there's not much you can do to get that kind of income level quickly so if anybody was really REALLY desperate to upset an economy that badly they would need to make thousands of 'trial' accounts and run them in sync
    They don't need to be in sync, they just need to be coordinated. You do realize that RMT is a multi-billion dollar a year business, right? They have coordinated efforts in each of the games they work in of however many people to just sit there for hours and hours at a time JUST grinding for in-game currency.

and pray not to get IP banned to make it worth the time/effort,
    Why do you assume they're all using the same IP? You don't think people who literally do this for a living won't find ways to circumvent that kind of stuff? Like a really basic, cheap VPN?

and since square enix seems at least somewhat competent in terms of moderation and cyber security unlike some more well known companies *cough blizzard cough*, i find it difficult to believe they wouldn't have safeguards in place to help with this sort of issue in the first place.
    They already do have safeguards in place.....free trial account limitations.

Unfortunately, with the way the MSQ works, it's impossible to stay in a party with your friends if you're all on trial accounts due to the plethora of solo duties that cannot be done while maintaining a group or, likewise, not being in a group wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the plethora of dungeons and trials you have to do that gatekeep progress.

I've never once been invited into a group in modern WoW by gold sellers. I vaguely remember invites back in vanilla, but never accepted from people I didn't know. It seems a weak excuse to disallow partying between trial accounts. I also think it's just a bad decision for an MMO in general to not allow friends trying out the game to group together when the MSQ requires so much group content. The other restrictions make sense, but not that one.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You can join and speak in Novice Network as a work around to communicate with friends if you don't have a friend with an actual account. If you do have a friend with an actual account they can invite you to groups and such so that you can communicate with each other then.

how would these bots get that money when there's a trading ban in place?, atm on the free trial you cannot interact with anybody in a trading capacity, so you would need to have the bot play a huge chunk of the game in order to get a decent amount of money saved up to begin with, and if in my proposition there's a ban on listing items, they can't just have someone buy a worthless junk item for an extortionate amount of money giving the free trial account a stockpile to work with, i highly doubt bot makers would be interested in having to make them go do quests for 100's of hours for so litter benefit/reward.
    First off it doesn't take "100's of hours for so little (I assume you meant little instead of litter) benefit/reward". There are plenty of ways to earn gil even high amount of gil in game. You don't need to have a person trade you millions of gold at once or even from a single character. Gil face-to-face transfer is capped at 1 million (I know this because I gave my boyfriend 2.5m once so he could try to get a house & needed the extra gil for it. Had to do 3 trades with him to get it done. Also WITH the 300k gil cap in place just means that if someone bought 3 million gil all the seller would have to do is get on 10 characters and trade 300,000 to the buyer and BAM there's the 3 million transferred.

You'd be surprised at how much gil a lot of players are sitting on at any given time. My highest job is only 61 (got 1 of them at 61 besides my crafters who I have 2 that are 80 already and 1-2 more I'll hit 80 with later today after crafting some stuff on them). IN my time playing I've spent an additional 5-8 million from what I can think of between a house, an apartment, housing items, orchestrion rolls (before I started making them myself to sell to others), glamour gear, dyes, mounts, minions, and materia. I'm sitting at 3.7 mil currently because of selling via the market board some expensive items I have found, gathered, or crafted. Palace of the Dead can be accessed on ANY level after you've finished the MSQ up to 15 and unlock it. There are accursed hoards that drop in there you have to get identified outside of POTD which can contain glamour items, mounts, and minions. I've received many items in the 4 runs I've done of it that sold for quite a bit of gil. One of them was a mount I made 65k on and two different glam items sold for 150-225k and a minion for 25k. As for making gil on the market board via crafting, I've made ALL of my gil there. I craft orchestrion rolls which sell for godly amounts on some of them (buy the faded roll for literally 1-500 gil at the most, craft it into a usable roll, and slap the shit on the market board), I craft glam items, I craft HQ gear people want wear when they level up a job, and I craft high end potions/food that people use. My orchestrion rolls sell for upwards of 200k a pop (you can see price listings below and those were refreshed as of 5 minutes before this post of my when I went on my FFXIV account to get the screen shots). You can see in one of the retainer funds withdrawal I'm sitting at the 3.7 million after taking out all of the gil made since I logged off last night. And for the record, that shield (I crafted that not a lucky loot drop) you see posted for 749k has sold 2 other times for 1m each. Making gil isn't difficult

Combat Job levels

Craft/gatherer levels

Retainer selection window showing how much each of my retainers have on them from sales

Transferring 500k from one retainer's sales

Last gil transfer showing the total gil I now have on myself

Literally my sales postings for my retainers showing the CURRENT price listings as of 11:29am Pacific Time that have undercut other listings by a whole 5 gil per item when I checked this morning and adjusted my prices. Feel free to search the market board for any of those names to verify they are around the same cost on YOUR server as they are on MY server so you can see they're high cost items (those "not for sale" items are what my retainer is wearing on the mannequin in my house and SE has them show up on your retainer as "not for sale" to prevent people from exploiting sales & storage space limitations)

Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-09-29 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You can join and speak in Novice Network as a work around to communicate with friends if you don't have a friend with an actual account. If you do have a friend with an actual account they can invite you to groups and such so that you can communicate with each other then.

First off it doesn't take "100's of hours for so little (I assume you meant little instead of litter) benefit/reward". There are plenty of ways to earn gil even high amount of gil in game. You don't need to have a person trade you millions of gold at once or even from a single character. Gil face-to-face transfer is capped at 1 million (I know this because I gave my boyfriend 2.5m once so he could try to get a house & needed the extra gil for it. Had to do 3 trades with him to get it done. Also WITH the 300k gil cap in place just means that if someone bought 3 million gil all the seller would have to do is get on 10 characters and trade 300,000 to the buyer and BAM there's the 3 million transferred.

You'd be surprised at how much gil a lot of players are sitting on at any given time. My highest job is only 61 (got 1 of them at 61 besides my crafters who I have 2 that are 80 already and 1-2 more I'll hit 80 with later today after crafting some stuff on them). IN my time playing I've spent an additional 5-8 million from what I can think of between a house, an apartment, housing items, orchestrion rolls (before I started making them myself to sell to others), glamour gear, dyes, mounts, minions, and materia. I'm sitting at 3.7 mil currently because of selling via the market board some expensive items I have found, gathered, or crafted. Palace of the Dead can be accessed on ANY level after you've finished the MSQ up to 15 and unlock it. There are accursed hoards that drop in there you have to get identified outside of POTD which can contain glamour items, mounts, and minions. I've received many items in the 4 runs I've done of it that sold for quite a bit of gil. One of them was a mount I made 65k on and two different glam items sold for 150-225k and a minion for 25k. As for making gil on the market board via crafting, I've made ALL of my gil there. I craft orchestrion rolls which sell for godly amounts on some of them (buy the faded roll for literally 1-500 gil at the most, craft it into a usable roll, and slap the shit on the market board), I craft glam items, I craft HQ gear people want wear when they level up a job, and I craft high end potions/food that people use. My orchestrion rolls sell for upwards of 200k a pop (you can see price listings below and those were refreshed as of 5 minutes before this post of my when I went on my FFXIV account to get the screen shots). You can see in one of the retainer funds withdrawal I'm sitting at the 3.7 million after taking out all of the gil made since I logged off last night. And for the record, that shield (I crafted that not a lucky loot drop) you see posted for 749k has sold 2 other times for 1m each. Making gil isn't difficult

Combat Job levels

Craft/gatherer levels

Retainer selection window showing how much each of my retainers have on them from sales

Transferring 500k from one retainer's sales

Last gil transfer showing the total gil I now have on myself

Literally my sales postings for my retainers showing the CURRENT price listings as of 11:29am Pacific Time that have undercut other listings by a whole 5 gil per item when I checked this morning and adjusted my prices. Feel free to search the market board for any of those names to verify they are around the same cost on YOUR server as they are on MY server so you can see they're high cost items (those "not for sale" items are what my retainer is wearing on the mannequin in my house and SE has them show up on your retainer as "not for sale" to prevent people from exploiting sales & storage space limitations)

i appreciate you answering my question regarding what someone might have as a gold stockpile at end game, however i highlighted a word in your post that i don't think you realise is impossible to do on a trial account: TRADE, that functionality is blocked, the only change i was suggesting in my earlier posts was allowing the ability for trial players to buy items off the market boards, because i found out the hard way that if i wanted to complete the quest for getting the relic weapons for a realm reborn content i would need to level up 4 different jobs simultaneously in order to craft every single item required myself and while as i stated in my posts that i wasn't too concerned with doing that, the fact that these things aren't made clear is annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    i appreciate you answering my question regarding what someone might have as a gold stockpile at end game, however i highlighted a word in your post that i don't think you realise is impossible to do on a trial account: TRADE, that functionality is blocked, the only change i was suggesting in my earlier posts was allowing the ability for trial players to buy items off the market boards, because i found out the hard way that if i wanted to complete the quest for getting the relic weapons for a realm reborn content i would need to level up 4 different jobs simultaneously in order to craft every single item required myself and while as i stated in my posts that i wasn't too concerned with doing that, the fact that these things aren't made clear is annoying.
    Trade 3,000,000 face to face....buy off 10 things for 300,000 (the cap on gil for a free to play player) the market board....same damn thing. I really don't think you understand ANYTHING about why there are restrictions in place to stop unpaid accounts from being able to negatively impact the economy. Do you really NOT understand it or are you just arguing hyperbole? I don't think its that you don't understand. I think its that you just don't want to buy the game or get a subscription because you're too cheap to actually pay for a product that you're enjoying AND playing currently. I'd suggest maybe finding a private server if you're unwilling to pay money to play a game you obviously enjoy and support the company providing you FREE entertainment currently. And I literally broke down to you line by line exactly how your statements about acquiring gil and how much gil is possible for the current level cap of free-to-play players can be but you don't want to acknowledge that your statements and beliefs are 100% factually incorrect. I showed you undeniable proof of my account being well within the current free-to-play limits and surpassing your feelings that a current level 60 could not possibly have more than 300k gil. Literal proof that counters your belief and you completely dismiss it. What more can people do to get across to you how bad lifting these restrictions can be and how much it would negatively impact the economy? Seriously I want to know so I can provide you with this evidence since the concrete proof I've already provided to you apparently was not enough.