Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wanted to type out what Mechanodruid just said but was hoping someone else would. If we start to play that game then we can shop nowhere. Big box stores, sports teams, twitch etc. the list would never end. Can almost pick any company at rando and find something. This certainly isn't exclusive to Blizzard. Good luck finding an ethically sourced all things equal best for everyone anything.

Spot on mech.

5+ Year Old Account
    We're digging and getting needlessly off-topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    It really depends on if it was systemic or if it was isolated incidents.
    I can hear the goalposts sailing off the edge of the cliff, now.

"A string of isolated incidents in a short period of time under similar circumstances" is what most people call "a trend", bruh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

A lawsuit is just a lawsuit. If someone did something wrong and it is proven in court, then let them answer for it as is prescribed by the law and that's it.

The amount of people who have no idea about how these cases work but pretending they do is unsurprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what the court case is to decide, as I stated previously.

As I stated before, I'm defending due process (Blizzard has the right to a trial) and that we should try to be open minded until we see the evidence.

In the snippet you quoted, I disagreed that Blizzard's statement admits at toxic work place. No goal posts were shifted.
    Nah, they've shifted as they always do. The refrain of folks mindlessly shilling for the status quo is invariably "it didn't happen, and even if it did happen it's just a few bad apples, and even if it's not just a few bad apples it'll just get settled out of court anyway".

It's the least constructive form of commentary and that's the point; to drag down the argument so that people get mired down in technical details rather than address the root of the problem, which is a systemic culture of toxicity towards women and minorities in the gaming development industry and in the gaming community.

- - - Updated - - -

At most, I've read it as DEFH had issues with Blizzard's work place and Blizzard made adjustments accordingly.
    Thus proving at minimum that there was a problem.

Funny how you're expending all this effort for something even Blizzard's overpaid lawyers don't think will fly as an argument.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on if it was systemic or if it was isolated incidents. The filed lawsuit argues it's systemic, DFEH involvement implies it was at least isolated incidents.
    Problems with corporate/management/office culture are explicated by listing individual incidents as detailed examples. There's no contradiction between the lawsuit and DFEH involvement. It's establishing a pattern.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What I beyond me is how someone being accused of something has become the equivalent of being handed a guilty verdict. On the other end of isle you have people who are automatically dismissive. It is like two sides of the same coin, but what is in my opinion doing cases like this one the biggest disfavour is going public about it the moment a lawsuit kicks in.

On top of that, everybody is seemingly shocked by a story the moment it is posted on the internet, but the ones who are the most "shocked" never, ever bother to ask some questions that allow people to draw a lesson from a story like this. How could pictures of a person's genitalia be passed around? Wouldn't that require the genitalia to be taken a picture of in the first place? Why would anyone allow another coworker to take a picture of their genitalia? It is a recipe for disaster. Anybody who is capable of getting a job should know this. Yes, obviously, having your privacy - regardless wether it is a picture or other forms of information - revealed to others without your consent can be hurtful and is definitely illegal, but in my mind someone who is ready to have their genitalia pictured by others must always be ready for the negative side of human nature to kick in. Don't engage in such activities otherwise. Knowing oneself and our own limits truly is the biggest achievement in life.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-22 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like a politician preaching anti-gay stuff and then is caught in a gay orgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Nah, they've shifted as they always do. The refrain of folks mindlessly shilling for the status quo is invariably "it didn't happen, and even if it did happen it's just a few bad apples, and even if it's not just a few bad apples it'll just get settled out of court anyway".
    This is a frequent pattern. Law enforcement agencies, for one example, do this all the time. It's not unique to anyone.

Deny followed by admitting anecdotal evidence followed by the exposure of systemic issues and a rush to settle the issue before it festers.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This is like a politician preaching anti-gay stuff and then is caught in a gay orgy.
    Always reminds me of that high-ranking Hungarian politician's story, when he jumped out of a window to avoid being caught by the cops in an orgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    How could pictures of a person's genitalia be passed around? Wouldn't that require the genitalia to be taken a picture of in the first place? Why would anyone allow someone else to take a picture of their genitalia?
    They can take pictures of their genitalia for whatever reason they want, and if they send them to someone else who consents that's no problem either. If that person then shares that picture around without the consent of the person who took them, that's a big fuckin problem. And yes, that happens. Like. A lot. Everywhere. This reads more like rank victim blaming.

Yes, obviously, having your privacy - regardless wether it is a picture or other forms of information - revealed to others without your consent can be hurtful and is definitely illegal, but in my mind someone who is ready to have their genitalia pictured by others must also be ready for the negative side of human nature to kick in.
    I mean, this is why I'll never take a picture of my junk, but this is also kinda bullshit and stupid. People can do what they want with their body, and if someone takes advantage of that that's not the fault of the first person, that's the fault of the person taking advantage of them.

What I beyond me is how someone being accused of something has become the equivalent of being handed a guilty verdict. On the other end of isle you have people who are automatically dismissive. It is like two sides of the same coin, but what is in my opinion doing cases like this one the biggest disfavour is going public about it the moment a lawsuit kicks in.

On top of that, everybody is seemingly shocked by a story the moment it is posted on the internet, but the ones who are the most "shocked" never, ever bother to ask some seriously relevant questions. How could pictures of a person's genitalia be passed around? Wouldn't that require the genitalia to be taken a picture of in the first place? Why would anyone allow another coworker to take a picture of their genitalia? It is a recipe for disaster. Anybody who is capable of getting a job should know this. Yes, obviously, having your privacy - regardless wether it is a picture or other forms of information - revealed to others without your consent can be hurtful and is definitely illegal, but in my mind someone who is ready to have their genitalia pictured by others must also be ready for the negative side of human nature to kick in.
    There’s that wonderful victim blaming we love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You did not want to see the point, this is the difference. As usual, you make your own rules. Must be fun to work with you.
    He's not making the rules. Before I read his response there, I already had a post typed that was essentially the same (down to the specific example using OJ Simpson). That's how our society works. Just because you want the criminal court to be the final arbiter for all people, instead of just the arbiter who decides what criminal punishments the state will levy, doesn't mean that's how reality operates. It certainly doesn't mean the criminal courts are always correct in their judgements. Being able to acknowledge the shortcomings of the criminal courts (or, in this case, the civil courts), and understanding the strictures those courts have to work under, is a key component to being able to accurately judge reality as it surrounds you.

Why wouldn't they be in compliance with state agencies and work with state agencies to make sure problems are addressed?
    Because they're humans. You might as well ask, "Why do people commit crimes?" It shows the same disregard for people as the actually are.

Which all boils down to compensation, and, if so, like Riot's case, Riot will pay the fine as appropriate. A lack of compensation is fairly easy to rectify (if it's true).

https://www.latimes.com/business/tec...ion-settlement
    It's impossible to take you seriously anymore. The state doesn't imbue citizens with the power to ensure future compliance. That's not the case with state agencies.

That's incorrect. They have not been given due process. This is not the sentencing portion of the trial; this is filing the legal document to start the trial.

Let's not skip steps. There's plenty of time for sentencing later.
    They are, literally, in the middle of due process. That has nothing to do with what you or I say or do because of the case. That's about what the justice system does, not what the public does. Again, OJ Simpson is a murderer. He was widely considered so both before and after his trial. He was still given due process, because the general public thinking he's a murderer doesn't change due process. Your standpoint would mean that we all should be treating OJ like he isn't a murderer. It doesn't hold positive value.
    I actually provided proof and an article where the EEOC complaint may have been started by a male employee being harassed by a female employee.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bliz...mployee-2019-1
    Grats, you literally found proof that contradicts your claims of them not getting due process.
    It doesn't? He stated, "Hopefully if any men experienced sexual harassment on behalf of female coworkers, that they speak up and let their voices be heard."

So I pointed it, it looks like they are looking at the men, too, because of the initial EEOC complaint.
    And you apparently didn't read the article, because the man wasn't alleging sexual harassment. He was alleging racial discrimination, when another worker said his sexism was only because of his race:

Murillo-Cuellar writes that a female employee “would joke about my sexism, or natural inclination to be sexist, due to my heritage . . . The assumption then became that I was just like everyone else, and that my attitudes, beliefs were that of a Mexican machista (male chauvinist).”
    So it's not like Murillo Cuellar wasn't a contributor to the harassment. Your link lends support to the existence of a toxic culture, when one of the people who participated in it admits it ("joke about my sexism..."). Cry for due process all you want. Blizzard is getting it in the courts. Don't bitch at other people because you refuse to look at the body of evidence they're provided, especially by attempting to apply some misguided definition of due process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    People defending Blizzard like someone made a twitlonger... this isn't a single person with a grudge, Its a whole frikkin state, with a two year investigation under their belt... Come on you bleepy bloops wake up and get that tin foil off your heads.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, this is why I'll never take a picture of my junk, but this is also kinda bullshit and stupid. People can do what they want with their body, and if someone takes advantage of that that's not the fault of the first person, that's the fault of the person taking advantage of them.
    And that is what I'm pointing at too. The thing however is that too many people are confident in themselves and do things like this, only to later find out they're as resilient as they believed to be. Regardless of the outcome of this lawsuit, I sincerely hope people draw lessons from this, so things like these don't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There’s that wonderful victim blaming we love to see.
    Interpret it like that if you desire, but my hope is that people draw a valuable lesson from this and that things like this don't happen. Social media and the internet has made people more vulnerable than they know and they often overestimate their resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is what I'm pointing at too. The thing however is that too many people are confident in themselves and do things like this, only to later find out they're cut out of the clot they believed to be.
    Expressing sexuality in private is not grounds for being made a spectacle of later.

Stop victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    being skeptical of the victim's motivations is kind of toxic, yes.
    How is it kind of toxic? You one of those "believe everyone who says they are the victim" type? Cause if you are then I guess you'd be too far up your own ass to hear any of the words I'm sending in your direction, but in the event you are not, how do I determine who is the victim? By at least, questioning their motives and trying to see what they might have to gain from being seen as the victim aside justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Expressing sexuality in private is not grounds for being made a spectacle of later.

Stop victim blaming.
    As I've already said:

Interpret it like that if you desire, but my hope is that people draw a valuable lesson from this and that things like this don't happen. Social media and the internet has made people more vulnerable than they know and they often overestimate their resilience.
    Taking a picture of oneself being nude always comes with the risk of said pictures being leaked. This is something everyone needs to know and understand. Wether someone else is punished for it or not is irrelevant to the point of the trauma that the owner of the photos has to go through.

People need to draw lessons from cases like this, not just endlessly parade outrage. Everything becomes pointless otherwise.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-22 at 08:33 PM.

The thing however is that too many people are confident in themselves and do things like this, only to later find out they're as resilient as they believed to be. Regardless of the outcome of this lawsuit, I sincerely hope people draw lessons from this, so things like these don't happen.
    The problem is not, and has never been, people sending consensual nudes. The problem is, and always has been, people receiving those nudes then sharing them with others without the consent of the person who sent them.

This is rank victim blaming.