Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I don't want frequent balance patches, because they used to do something like that in wrath, and balance swung both wildly and often. Whenever they did those frequent passes, things would change too much, and what I liked about one spec would vary significantly. Let things settle for an expansion, and then let them figure something out for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by dr00dlover View Post
    I could accept being the worst healer spec in the game IF there was a single balance change directed at us in this entire expansion. As it stands, there have been none.
    I might have given your posts a bit more weight if I didn't go to wowpedia, type in 9.1, search for restoration, find balance fixes. Then do the same for 9.0.5. And 9.0.2 as well. If you're going to use hyperbole try to use it in a way that someone can't disprove it in 10 seconds. Absolutes are to be avoided.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Yeah... I don't want frequent balance patches, because they used to do something like that in wrath, and balance swung both wildly and often. Whenever they did those frequent passes, things would change too much, and what I liked about one spec would vary significantly. Let things settle for an expansion, and then let them figure something out for the next one.
    I think what you're saying there, really, is you don't want BAD balance patches. And who would. But the whole idea of having frequent balance patches is so it DOESN'T lead to wild swings. They're meant to provide fine tuning, so you do a big patch that swings things big and then you do a series of small patches to address those swings and gradually improve balance more and more - that's the ideal, anyway. I get that people are a little reluctant to trust Blizzard given their track record, but it doesn't mean the underlying principle is flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raiders and high Rio people are a very, very small minority. Resto druids are fine for the majority of players.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I swear I saw a similar thread just a few days ago about resto Druids not being #1.

Because this is the burner account of that poster you are referring to.

Honestly just realized I'm probably arguing with like sub-20 year olds who are gonna go round and round on the "hahah get used to it sucking becoz someone has to suck and it's your turn." It's a false reality y'all created because Blizzard has conditioned you guys to be like this.

Why is it so hard to demand from Blizzard that all specs deserve tuning, each patch, if not every other? Or is it really that much easier to just be like HAHAH ITS UR TURN TO SUCKKKZKKZKZKSKSK kekekekkw
    But deenman is right about being the most played part.

How can anyone who play at your level not know this? People play whats best at top level. Thus the amount of players playing each different spec changes. Everyone knows this. Except a "top 10" resto druid appearently. When season 3 comes you can make a thread about "I am pretty sure resto shamans is the most played spec in the game based on the m+ logs from last season" which is a silly metric to go by in any way. And its kinda funny since so far in season 2 resto druid is the second most played healers according to raider.io.

Another loser who thinks spec is dead because the top 0,00001% didnt play it when maximizing every single thing.

I mean this is really the response I was hoping for. There is a fundamental problem going on that is never going to get solved until they just actually try tweaking every other patch. League of Legends and other games have started doing this, where they patch things FREQUENTLY and get actual results delivered sooner into large content patches rather than later or in this case, never.

It is not incumbent upon us to just be tolerant of poor design when it is so EASILY achievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond obvious that you read a few lines of my post and moved on with your really predictable 'play meta classes' response. This is not the point I am making at all. Resto druids have fallen from #1 to #5 for simply no reason other than literally not being touched in any way shape or form. Literally every other major game with "characters" or "champions" with millions of dollars at the helm to spare -- THEY DO PATCHES WITH BALANCE CHANGES FREQUENTLY. If I was super serious about M+, I would go play holy paladin. I'm super serious about resto druid, and I think it is unforgiveable that Blizzard won't touch a spec that is obviously dying and has been for several months.

Players like you are the reason why Blizzard is lazy about design. They know that there are masses, like you, who just subscribe to this idea and thus Blizzard can get away with the "well, whatever, they'll just swap to whatever is meta. we should just focus on storyline and our investors." You're letting them get away with the problem with this kind of thinking.

I don't care if I'm #5. Or #3, or #1. I just care that there is literally ZERO changes to the spec that have any meaning at all to our weaknesses or even strengths.

- - - Updated - - -

you're honestly super annoying because you're literally assuming so much here. You are assuming I even played the game pre-shadowlands. I didn't even play this game until November of 2020, Shadowlands launch. I have heard that resto druid used to be strong. OK? I wasn't fucking there! Lmao. For a player who is semi-new and wanting to be competitive, I don't understand why I have to suffer at the hands of bad design because resto druids used to be strong -- when I didn't even know what a druid even was.
    Maybe they haven’t made any changes, because Resto Druid is fine? It has the largest toolkit of any healer. The only reason it’s not brought to keys over Priest or Paladin is because it doesn’t contribute as much to overall damage. In BFA Catweaving was very strong, and they were the highest dps healer through most of the expansion. May have been a patch where Paladin was stronger.

And it’s not as strong in progression raiding as Paladin, Priest, or Shaman because it doesn’t have group damage reduction (AM, PW:B, Spirit Shell, SLT).
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-31 at 02:33 PM.

*Everyone*, including me, wants more balance tweeks, if possible every week, but that's not going to happen so the whole discussion is quite boring to me.

Just stop playing if you can't "handle" it.
    You won't get your balance changes, seriously, you w-o-n-t.
    Either the game is at an acceptable state to you, or it's not.
    They won't change anything for nobody.

Although, I really can't see anything wrong with Resto

Your thread title alone is so fucked up, I don't even know where to start.
    It shows how disconnected you are to the general playerbase. It also shows how fucking unhealthy some of the "top-players" are in general to this game and probably the gaming industry in general. Not even kidding - at least if what you state is actually true - but I really don't care if it is or not. Your mindset itself is flawed and it already shows even before you have written your first sentence.
    Reading the thread title is enough to properly judge you in that regard - almost as a human being as well, actually.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-31 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, druid been constantly fotm.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

reroll then like every meta slave like you do when they are not the best spec

Resto Druids no longer topping the charts in every scenario = dead spec

Resto druids are actually garbage and I'll never bring one to M+/Raid.

snip
    World first kills are not relevant to what classes are viable or not, only reason its mainly paladin and disc is they also bring a ton or dps equal to an extra 2-3 dps, all healers can do all content and kill everything in CE and you can do mythic plus also as any healer to a high level
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

7+ Year Old Account
    Resto druid here - I just can't be concerned/bothered about what my class looks like for the top 1% of the players out there. So far, merely working on +15s, not having much of an issue finding groups. So, all is well as far as I'm concerned.

As far as M+, we are now the *least* useful healer to add to the group.

We are eclipsed (no pun intended) by balance druids and guardian druids, both of which provide groups with the same exact utility that a resto druid provides.
    So....your complaint is basically that other specs in the same class are too desirable?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Or is it really that much easier to just be like HAHAH ITS UR TURN TO SUCKKKZKKZKZKSKSK kekekekkw
    Considering that Resto Druid has been blizzard's golden-boy healer for the past 3 expacs or so, yes it is

I could accept being the worst healer spec in the game IF there was a single balance change directed at us in this entire expansion. As it stands, there have been none.
    Two things - firstly, given resto druids' popularity and performance, a 'balance' change would probably have been a nerf, which doesn't seem to be what you are after. Secondly, they did 'balance' you - by buffing other healers, and thus nerfing you in relative terms.

You actually got what you're asking for, just not in the form you wanted, nor in the direction you seem to want.

we shouldn't be letting major specs fall into the cracks for absolutely no reason, with no excuse, no with justification.
    "Not meta anymore" is not "falling into the cracks"

No class or spec should be untouched for several months when there are OBVIOUS problems with the spec.
    What exactly are the "OBVIOUS" problems with the spec other than "Balance and Guardian are really really popular and bring the same utility?"

Why can't we all have some attention and glory?
    Everybody can't be meta at the same time. Nobody is saying Resto should suck, but as long as different classes are different, there will be choices that become more preferable in particular situations.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Meanwhile mistweavers