Tormentors of Torghast

I can't find anywhere, any information to suggest how the timer for this event works and it's driving me insane!

Does anybody have information for trigger points? Timers? Anything at all? to suggest how & when this event is triggered so those of us managing multiple characters can be in the right place at th right time.

Thanks

according to wowpedia the event should start every 2 hours.

Yes, it starts every 2 hours around full hours (09:00, 11:00, 13:00 and so on)
    Around 2min before spawn you will get an icon on the map (so you have some time to get there).
    During event players need to clear area around the icon (some elites will spawn).

After bar is filled Tormentor will spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have seen m like 2 times since yesterday while im there all the time.
    Shouldnt it always show something on the map?
    I have no clue.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally just asked in Discord wtf Tormentors were. Is this the same as the Wrath of the Jailer event? It's weird that it would use another name. Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    It's up every 2 hours, so supposedly each hour after wrath of the jailer.
    I have only seen it once on the map so far tho, sadly not participated as i was doing other stuff.

They really need to make those events visible on the continental map like they are doing for assaults.
    It's pretty dumb that you need to visit the maw every hour just to see what events are up.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They really need to make those events visible on the continental map like they are doing for assaults.
    I've seen a better solution in Maple Story 2 of all games that should be baseline in all MMOs.
    Map UI showing spawn countdown and location for rares.

You open up a map and you have a side UI showing list of elites/rares/world bosses with countdown.
    Each boss highlighted on the list would result with an icon highlighting on the map showing its spawn location.

Lets not kid ourselves.
    Anyone who is chasing rares for transmogs, chevos or optimal currency routes is likely using dedicated discord servers with channel alerts or All The Things addon as a checklist for daily loot lockouts.

Blizzard has the philosophy of making commonly used addons as baseline game features.
    If that wasn't the case then Questie wouldn't result with map highlights and raider.io wouldn't create mythic+ score system.

Also please don't glamour me with "spirit of discovery/element of suprise" like arguments.
    The playerbase is way too pragmatic and min/max focused to appreciate or recognize such passé sentiments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Literally just asked in Discord wtf Tormentors were. Is this the same as the Wrath of the Jailer event? It's weird that it would use another name. Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by it.
    yea, basically same as Wrath of the Jailer except that mobs gain a buff that makes them slightly more dangerous for the duration, and one of the raid bosses of Sanctum does some yelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Does anyone has noticed that the event is not showing up on the map anymore? Yesterday there was announcment in chat that it's starting but there was no icon nor anything else...

On EU servers it starts every 2 hours at odd hours (9:00, 11:00 etc). Sometimes it can take 1-2 more minutes for the emote to appear in chat. You'll see an icon on the map that marks the location, and it also shows a countdown.

There was a bug some days ago that the event closest to Venari's refugee simply disappeared after the chat emote. I ran into this problem twice.

Note: You should do this event at least once per character and week since you'll get a chest on your first weekly completion of this event. This chest can contain a nice mount (Chain of Bahmethra). You'll also get 75 Soul Ash every time you complete the event, and there's a chance to get ilvl 207 gear.

You need to kill all Tormentors for "Minions of the Cold Dark", which is a requirement for the "Breaking the Chains" achievement (which rewards another mount).

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    On EU servers it starts every 2 hours at odd hours (9:00, 11:00 etc). Sometimes it can take 1-2 more minutes for the emote to appear in chat. You'll see an icon on the map that marks the location, and it also shows a countdown.

There was a bug some days ago that the event closest to Venari's refugee simply disappeared after the chat emote. I ran into this problem twice.

Note: You should do this event at least once per character and week since you'll get a chest on your first weekly completion of this event. This chest can contain a nice mount (Chain of Bahmethra). You'll also get 75 Soul Ash every time you complete the event, and there's a chance to get ilvl 207 gear.

You need to kill all Tormentors for "Minions of the Cold Dark", which is a requirement for the "Breaking the Chains" achievement (which rewards another mount).
    I think I must have encountered this bug you mentioned, cause today everything worked fine. Thank you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not sometimes - always. At least in my country every event set on schedule, including daily reset, is exactly one minute after full hour. Hell, I think even SL launch was 00:01, but memory could trick me here. Tormentors have countdown on top of this, similar to coundown for Icecrown rares in prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Not sometimes - always. At least in my country every event set on schedule, including daily reset, is exactly one minute after full hour. Hell, I think even SL launch was 00:01, but memory could trick me here. Tormentors have countdown on top of this, similar to coundown for Icecrown rares in prepatch.
    Have you checked if your local clock is 1min off from the server clock?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you checked if your local clock is 1min off from the server clock?
    Local time right now is like ~100 seconds behind realm time, so it should be other way around.

On EU servers it starts every 2 hours at odd hours (9:00, 11:00 etc).
    This is slightly off. It can change every day so that it is every odd hour or even hour. So it isn't consistent. Here in the US during the same week I have seen it at odd hours and even hours.

I have a weakaura that tells you 30 minutes out when they are going to conduct their attack :

!WA:2!1s1tVTTnuCBymuaH1SeVHGn0EqOfTyBDW5pfPaDyzTrP2XPWnovwjPb7GaLiLf7KijiFmjU7YMXoSZ5JGp3t (W(a0B9MqWW(aSpcf9dWiLmssBxpoDq89if)r((97NE13VzEtCtL)DBTwRLBI)JVvoQFsIIaDF4V8R1EyTAEsUgYOm IS)Eb92EN2YJisfLZ(KPuwcxMJatIJWftvIm0OaYjqy18HIqGMtMLv)mvkcZp(Wk8VET3GyXPCzhjkNemsqIgSPF72 7CkIrRa9EE5ikRJhyw0JXzKZWAz5kH2PKksmNHvJjivjafZ9kB4aqsydH0R4RaKe6uC1I5k(SI5lwWm28krjugvL(( tFQIKLSlNYGiV(bb9FYQAzM4APaiuF)slDmAiVfLVKVpjo8q5G7V0QYtQQK6rksUHu8xP1YTw5mKgmvvFH9EQCKO4Y G75zovWP4ZxuI5HdZ4hNw8forMciHo0rCZpo7jKKyQLWBezVeB)Otp)o4hZZ4Yh3O7dE9xzF(HUp4Vx0(CydX8XAfW ZTaUNaJasKUC4nMkKizOS9RKXFA8XCj(ajsm(GzbtReMkYyZ27e02x(CdA0KrE9A3jyALqUz5HxVE9gRQP4PRTN4P7 )4Gh1rVL4oF8YbpIHYPXHqQKOs5z4rtaE8mp1xwp8TttSgcJiIauJPxciX1dmiryaxQC5jUMSHPif4Ia3BfprPJ8jd lj9jwFbfMfFopi(TenRuo(6VXX18u(kJhJYCd)o3yT0yCGWuUwQUinNY0ar5UU7wwJQTg2Ia2XlJs5ljb0s27cK7DC xz2Nqy4)X4o4w3D8bumK6THjvCT)t2QkW3sA4jj0ti4YT87FQxghH7ebOmZHSOFUodOo(XziLAXInC8u0xqQceK4YG eodeZ3rsFH7t1iSLzDdcgds6WHgIFUBFQMnlXrol4p90gdBK9ErKtWg7tsI9Nmz3292TZE9kUAufZwSJ4S))4vAY7r N3YDv31x3Dzxed)by9JR7E3LVyZqkHvgC(mxsLaPM8UlA0NlekJDICKb7bM6MEY0Wn3yqq4GGn8dgB41SSTXkh)YVi QlbLbPNVJDLeZo8hSB7E9MwXrL9RImTJaTY34)jM9gNsI)5IBlwW2H4isqfT)eoM8YAZAv(SQgmnUbflw4sM)dqst) 4jYs7Uvu8aJ1zSvMhye)1AE0F9SIBuCZ)9p

Credit goes to the person who made this weakaura. Just copy the above string and import to your weakaura. Enjoy

I still have no clue who or what these are. Never seen one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I still have no clue who or what these are. Never seen one.
    They are a wrath of the jailer type event that appears every 2 hours at every odd hour.
    Meaning you'll be able to participate at hours 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, etc.

It's the event that you get the Hand of Bathmera mount from.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are a wrath of the jailer type event that appears every 2 hours at every odd hour.
    Meaning you'll be able to participate at hours 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, etc.

It's the event that you get the Hand of Bathmera mount from.
    In fact, they switch with Wrath of the Jailer every hour. So on even, you get Wrath, odd you get Tormentors.