Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you dont heal all the current content then you have no opinion that is relevant as it stands anyway.
    Dude, YOU don’t heal all the current content.

If you dont heal all the current content then you have no opinion that is relevant as it stands anyway.
    Oh buddy, as someone who is 8/10, you very clearly didnt think this all the way through. You do understand that you just instantly undermined all your own posts by saying your own opinion is worthless because you are not 10/10? You know that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Well, if you want to take yourself out of the discussion, I guess that's cool?

While he lacks the basic manners, he does have a point. Healing should be made more fun and challenging in a way that it would not break the casual content healers. Because, at the moment, healer is the easiest spec to get carried with. The lower the content, the harder is the healers job but the higher the content, the less healer has to do and therefore less impactful he/she is. Why is it less difficult you ask? Cause you play with people who know what to do and are using their def cds and so on.
    Which job is more difficult on different contents is also purely personal. In my opinion, dpsing in a mythic raid and higher keys is way harder than healing. While tanking in higher keys is harder than dpsing but in raiding its easier. Healing in both content tho is easier than dpsing and tanking. (and no, I am not a dps)

Also, didnt MoP introduce the proving grounds? To teach people how to play their class and even there you would dps as a healer to beat the timer faster and go higher?
    CM's were indeed fun but sadly they did leave out too many specs to justify their purpose. Certain specs started to work with certain % caps on stats and so on and were left out since you had difficult time to reach gold rank if you had dps like that. With proper class design, maybe but Mythic plus is easier and more clear version of it.

For me, I wish they would bring back mana management cata resto shaman style cause I enjoyed that most but I dont think that would really work with mythic plus style we have at the moment. But it was fun to cast dps spells knowing they brought back mana. His whole point which he fails to point out is that pressing dps buttons as a healer is not rewarding which indeed they are not. (Except hpala who can have a competition with dps). Resto druid on the other hand doesnt feel as good. They should give certain buffs/debuffs to healer dps skills. Passive 1% dmg redu on sunfire, 0.5% increased dmg from this school etc. That would make it feel good to cast and keep up. Good example is Veng/Brew. When during an encounter adds spawn etc, you want to be first to hit em, not cause of the aggro but the 5% debuff you put on them. So the thing dies faster. Healers having mehanics like that would help a lot. It wouldnt affect low level keys/raiding but higher end, you could show off some decent skill and understanding of your class.

It took you 91 days to kill sludgefist from the first mythic kill you got in week 1, so you only killed it a matter of a week quicker than i did, just because i couldnt be bothered completing the tier has nothing to do with my ability as a healer, its already proven im capable of clearing WoWs most difficult content while its current with 500+ boss attempts for WF guilds to kill. End bosses in previous expansions were just as hard or even harder than current end tier bosses.

Bro you seriously cannot count at all. Here I'll link my monk again. That I already said was my primary Nathria char. Shriekwing Jan 4 -> Sludgefist Mar 21. That's 76 days, not 91. And I still killed Sire before you even touched Sludgefist lmao.

"Couldn't be bothered" is a convenient excuse. I guess you just "couldn't be bothered" in the past four expansion, either. Just admit you're not that good.

You don't heal current content, either, so I guess your opinion is irrelevant. You haven't touched Mythic SoD, you progressed at an utter snail's pace in CN (and didn't even do the two hard bosses). Your BFA progression was laughable at best. You didn't raid Legion. You didn't raid WoD. The last time you even had any 'notable' content cleared was Mists of Pandaria. The only thing you've "proven" is that you can talk a lot, and not a whole lot else.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-08-29 at 07:24 AM.

I see healers getting horny over useless healing logs is still a thing in 2021.

Healing parses = completely useless.

Healers doing damage in low damage period has always been a thing but it's certainly become more mandatory as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Healers doing damage in low damage period has always been a thing but it's certainly become more mandatory as of late.
    Indeed. I was told to cast Smite and Shadow Word: Pain on Vaelstraz the Corrupt in Blackwing Lair back in Vanilla (Not classic) whenever I had a spare GCD. Granted it was not the norm back then but it did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I see healers getting horny over useless healing logs is still a thing in 2021.

Healing parses = completely useless.

I just don't see why I should stand around doing nothing when I could be putting in some boss damage. Depending on the levels of derp in my group I do somewhere between 2500-4000 dps on a boss fight. That's about a 10% damage increase to the party (assuming three dps at 7-8k and a tank doing 3k dps) and really isn't in the realm of negligible anymore. 10% off a boss fight can be anywhere from 12-20 seconds (2-3.5 minute duration depending on m+ level and affix), and that's shaving nearly a minute off the timer when you have 4 bosses in an instance without doing any trash dps at all. Add in some dps on trash and the healer dps is suddenly shaving another 2-3 minutes off the timer for the instance, and that is a significant and meaningful contribution of multiple minutes of spare time at the end to passing the timer.

3-4 minutes saved can offset a full team wipe recovery, even in a place like DoS or HoA where you have a considerable run back to the second boss.

8/10 mythic nathria is more than enough to determine the contents ability to challenge a healer, you didnt do 10/10 CN properly you just joined a guild and got carried to through CE, you need to do the actual work before the kill even means anything, and playing a dps is the least challenging role WoW has.

How often do you heal, because the whole challenge im talking about is for healing and the content just does not provide a challenge at all, there is not enough incomming damage, the proof is in healers not being able to get decent logs just playing normally and the amount of time a healer can do damage.
    technicaly this week is proving that its healing which is easiest part in m+

so many groups break up almost imidately because healer just cannot keep up with grievous.

who they blame ? ofc dps for not carrying them by dpsing more like they do on every other week

hint on other weeks they dont dps more - they dps equaly - its healers who are just bad and get carrier to to high toxic io

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the person in charge of healerdesign didn't like pure healing, so he decided to change every spec into to DPS hybrid, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I just don't see why I should stand around doing nothing when I could be putting in some boss damage. Depending on the levels of derp in my group I do somewhere between 2500-4000 dps on a boss fight. That's about a 10% damage increase to the party (assuming three dps at 7-8k and a tank doing 3k dps) and really isn't in the realm of negligible anymore. 10% off a boss fight can be anywhere from 12-20 seconds (2-3.5 minute duration depending on m+ level and affix), and that's shaving nearly a minute off the timer when you have 4 bosses in an instance without doing any trash dps at all. Add in some dps on trash and the healer dps is suddenly shaving another 2-3 minutes off the timer for the instance, and that is a significant and meaningful contribution of multiple minutes of spare time at the end to passing the timer.

3-4 minutes saved can offset a full team wipe recovery, even in a place like DoS or HoA where you have a considerable run back to the second boss.
    This is something a lot of people fail to comprehend, I feel like it. Healers doing dps throughout the entire fight can "passively" contribute anywhere from 5-15% of the boss's total hp, which is absolutely huge. Prog kills have literally been decided by pumping out an extra 3-4%, let alone 10+

Hate to break it to people, but when you're not massively overgearing content, raid bosses are pretty much designed around healers contributing damage these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... it's more like the dps can't get carried by the healer with grievous... grievous is a non-issue unless people are retarded and take avoidable damage...
    I pugged few 20 range keys at the start of the week and few below 20 on my alt and boy, do the healers suck at grievous. Fire tormentor mob is hell, 3rd boss in spires, now that I think of it, whole spires is pure struggle for a pug healer. SD 2nd and 3rd boss. Just to name a few places where people are retarded apparently cause healer cant carry them. (That also takes into account mage and rogue both using cloak and block on different times so healer could focus on 1)

Depending on a role you play, you tend to pug another and sadly, since I play tank, I sometimes have to pug last dps or a healer and boy, this week is pure healer flaming everything week. They are just horrible and while I do appriciate healers who take on the job cause they like it, this week brings out peeps who heal only for glory and for being carried while thinking they carry.

(specially toxic peeps are vent holy paladins and priests)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... it's more like the dps can't get carried by the healer with grievous... grievous is a non-issue unless people are retarded and take avoidable damage...
    Fire guy, healing reduction guy, and a whole lot of bosses have damage going out a lot

Grievous adds like 50% to the healing requirement of any key, so it will absolutely be felt even if your group takes low, or no avoidable damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    I pugged few 20 range keys at the start of the week and few below 20 on my alt and boy, do the healers suck at grievous. Fire tormentor mob is hell, 3rd boss in spires, now that I think of it, whole spires is pure struggle for a pug healer. SD 2nd and 3rd boss. Just to name a few places where people are retarded apparently cause healer cant carry them. (That also takes into account mage and rogue both using cloak and block on different times so healer could focus on 1)

Depending on a role you play, you tend to pug another and sadly, since I play tank, I sometimes have to pug last dps or a healer and boy, this week is pure healer flaming everything week. They are just horrible and while I do appriciate healers who take on the job cause they like it, this week brings out peeps who heal only for glory and for being carried while thinking they carry.

(specially toxic peeps are vent holy paladins and priests)
    As a venth holy pala main, this week suuuuuucks.
    Like, hardcore.
    Grievous feels like doing 2-3 key levels higher than non-grievous weeks on the healing requirement front. That said, I typically play with an ele shaman who can take care of most of the bad damage on trash, so I just have to worry about mawsworn and bosses, but it's still painful

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh buddy, as someone who is 8/10, you very clearly didnt think this all the way through. You do understand that you just instantly undermined all your own posts by saying your own opinion is worthless because you are not 10/10? You know that, right?
    I have healed current content this expansion and many expansions, i said if you dont heal the content then your opinion has no meaning as we are talking about healing challenge in current content, there is no single fight at all that is a real challenge to a skilled healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Well, if you want to take yourself out of the discussion, I guess that's cool?
    Already healed current content this expansion so try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Bro you seriously cannot count at all. Here I'll link my monk again. That I already said was my primary Nathria char. Shriekwing Jan 4 -> Sludgefist Mar 21. That's 76 days, not 91. And I still killed Sire before you even touched Sludgefist lmao.
    You do realise you got shriekwing mythic on dec 21st week 1 with the shaman right, so yes it was 91 days, ofc you would get to certain bosses before i did considering you started 10 weeks before me in a guild going for CE, i was playing casual in a casual guild and could equal your progression time.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-08-29 at 03:51 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You do realise you got shriekwing mythic on dec 21st with the shaman right, so yes it was 91 days, ofc you would get to certain bosses before i did considering you started 10 weeks before me in a guild going for CE, i was playing casual in a casual guild and could equal your progression time.
    Christ you're stupid.

Already healed current content this expansion so try again.
    I thought you were only 8/10? Because you said someone would have to have healed ALL current content, not just some of it.

Or are you just backpedaling now that you've realized you've set a goal you yourself don't measure up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I thought you were only 8/10? Because you said someone would have to have healed ALL current content, not just some of it.

Or are you just backpedaling now that you've realized you've set a goal you yourself don't measure up to?
    To have a basis on the content as a healer you have to heal all the way through progression and heal every boss you have killed, if you have not even done it once and just dps then you dont have a say in how difficult the content for healers actually is.

All i want from WoW is at least some fights that actually push healers to the limits of thier healing potential, currently healers are not even used to even half of what they can actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Christ you're stupid.
    I mean you dont even know when you actually killed a boss, the first kill in the guild has your shaman there on dec 21st then the next kill on raid reset day.

Even the achievement on your shaman has the 21st of dec, so maybe you just are mistaken yourself.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-08-29 at 04:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I have healed current content this expansion and many expansions
    No, you haven't. Your armory proves it. Outside of 8 mythic bosses this expansion you haven't done shit for years. You're not healing said content you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

i said if you dont heal the content then your opinion has no meaning as we are talking about healing challenge in current content
    Everyone knows what you said and that is why multiple people have called you out on it. You haven't healed the current content.

- - - Updated - - -

To have a basis on the content as a healer you have to heal all the way through progression and heal every boss you have killed, if you have not even done it once and just dps then you dont have a say in how difficult the content for healers actually is.
    Well that excuses you on talking about most of the content in the past 5-6 years then doesn't it? You have a small amount of mythic kills in recent content. You don't have any keys over a 16, so don't talk about high mythic+ healing either. You're not qualified by your own criteria.

All i want from WoW is at least some fights that actually push healers to the limits of thier healing potential, currently healers are not even used to even half of what they can actually do.

I mean you dont even know when you actually killed a boss, the first kill in the guild has your shaman there on dec 21st then the next kill on raid reset day.

Even the achievement on your shaman has the 21st of dec, so maybe you just are mistaken yourself.
    So if someone got 1/10 and healed it, and hadn't killed all the others they'd have more say than someone who healed 9/10 and dps'd Sire?

That's... really some take.

So you're removing yourself from the discussion again, got it.