Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm just saying, pvp participation in the game has always been generally low in comparison to the rest of the games activities (pve if you will). In my experience I did not notice any difference, drastic or otherwise, in pvp activities. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember bg ques being near as long as they are nowadays for example.
    No

In a following tweet he said the stats were taken from before the legendary cloak questline, so no mandatory BGs for dragonslayers. I don't think i'd be very inaccurate in saying that PvPs popularity was the same or greater in cataclysm and wrath.
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2022-02-19 at 04:44 AM.

please no gear in arena everyone same gear pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please pleaseeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Participation in pvp is always very low.
    Incorrect.

During good years/seasons, endgame PvP (people who PvP enough to get a full set of Conquest Gear every season) has been up to ~50% of the entire playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roj11 View Post
    please no gear in arena everyone same gear pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please pleaseeeeeee
    This will absolutely crater participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Templates still advantaged people who did do the grind, though. People seem to not recall that templates still scaled up with your gear, just not quite as hard as it normally did.

If they existed in Legion, there'd still be quite a damage/healing/hp disparity between a 'template' with 220 ilvl, versus one with 240.
    So wait is that totally gone now? is pvp 100% gear based now or is there any scaling?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I think they should:
    Add scaling to unrated PvP

or remove all the rankings for PvP gear or at least the rating requirement for them (Though this could still cause issues with fresh 60s or new players)
    And/or add a vendor that sells gear for cheapish that's only useful in unrated PvP so you can grind honor easier. (Kind of like the wargame gear you could buy in WoD that were all red when outside of a wargame)

PvP was so much better in Legion and BfA if you were a fresh 60 and/or new player because you weren't getting stomped on by everyone.
    But now you gotta either: Sit through the slog of ungeared PvPing, get carried in arenas/RBGs so you can get decent gear, or grind PvE to get gear for PvP.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-23 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by CarloSmitHolm View Post
    My favorite thing ever is to jump on my Mage and push 30 buttons with my left hand, kicking ass while steering with my right hand. But I have a life so I literally cannot ever pvp again. I wish I could jump onto a wow PVP Bg at the end of my work day and fight a couple of rounds. I wish they would create a grindless version of PVP. Theres no point in having gear levels in the quick mode. Just have every class equal item lvl and have the game designers balance the classes after that. I would like to jump on a rogue and have a difficult battle with a paladin. Or get on a frost mage and fight with my skills and not die because of my item lvl. It would literally be the most popular PC game of all time if they did this and created it with wow 2.0. The current design is so outdated because you cant ever have a fair fight unless you spend all your waking hours of the day grinding gear just to stay even with everyone else. I find it very disappointing that Im a good pvp player and I cant even play the game because of the idiots who designed it that way.
    I know how it feels, when life changes and you no longer have time to grind, and i loved the grind for me the grind is the game - but when life changes so much, that you have only very little time left to even start your computer in days, its a problem to enjoy pvp.

I prefered WoD gearing most, its easy, its fast its fair and clean, alt friendly.(and got pvp tier sets to enjoy)

The shadowlands solution is ridiculous for alts at least and people that have not much time any longer. If i would be Ion/Holinka i would add temporary until Dragonflight starts, the legion system to instanced pvp. Would make a lot of people happy, SL WPvP is dead anyways, i bet.(did not log for a year tho)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2022-05-09 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    What did I just read?
    The truth. There's a reason games like FF14 never really took over despite all the hype. Mainly because almost half the player base pvp's and no other MMO game of scale has viable pvp.