Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Id like:

- A small dedicated team that brings back most previous expansion features (garrison, mage tower, warfronts, scenarios, farm, etc) and continues to update and improve them, while keeping them optional.

- Make previous raids and dungeons relevant, but also optional. Maybe permanent time walking, but continue to actually add fun badge rewards and incentives.

- Actually add new PvP stuff and update more maps.

Zovaal wins, remakes the universe. We return to Azeroth (with WoW using a completely modern graphic engine, same art style though) 20 years after we left. Everything is changed. Stormwind looks like it did in the Warcraft movie and more epic in scope like Suramar or Boralus. Lorderon is now an Alliance city. All old zones revamped with new graphics - Ashenvale looking more like Ardenweald, Elwynn Forest looking more like Grizzly Hills - that type of thing.

Player housing, Guild Halls, full interface change i.e change the quest text to either a full character 'cinematic' or enhance the talking head. Take a leaf out of FF14 and make current leveling content including raids a legitimate thing to do before going into the 'next' expac.

No more borrowed power or systems. Extra systems for core things like professions would be fine.

More FUN casual things to do, once again, look at FF14 - Chocabo races, jumping courses, "Gambling" halls and more. A lot of this can be implemented using Goblins/Gnomes or enhancing the Darkmoon Faire. One of the best ones in WoW was the faction/rep grind to get your serpents in MoP. Lots of things like that would be great.

Make world PvP a thing in terms of having faction leaders drop mounts or current tier or season gear. Put out huge world wide emotes that it's going to begin in x minutes, with either Horde or alliance attacking or defending, with it reversed the next time.

Random World bosses that just spawn absolutely ANYWHERE. All needing full raid groups or even multiple raid groups to defeat. Once again, attach a mount or some epic transmog gear to certain WBs that spawn rarely. Make items from certain WBs really big deals to get.

Blizzard used to be good at taking other games ideas, improving them and making them their own. Honestly - when was the last time you can remember them doing that?

Edit: Sorry for using FF14 again, but one character able to play all classes and do all roles will be great tyvm.
    Last edited by Balir; 2021-08-09 at 06:59 AM.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Nr 1 wish is for them to realize that they current way they are designing and delivering their content doesnt make for an enjoyable product to play. Instead of obsessing over making content force players to login daily, instead my nr1 wish is for them to go back to actually try to make content that is fun to play as their primary goal instead of "how can we get away with stretching this content over 3 months".

And in so many places, the removal of arbitrary timegatings would be all thats needed to make content significantly less painful and more enjoyable.

All the timegating, with daily and weekly resets making content stretch thin over months of time. Is boring as fuck to play throu.

Theres no way a single person at blizzard did the krothia grind to rank 6 be4 they released the patch. Hell we even had a fucking research cap of 12k the first week... Like, how does something like that even make it live?
    If they did the grind at the office they'd realize how terribly boring it is. and that they somehow forgot their 15year experience and made rares that arent visible on map, that has way too long spawntimer, that makes no indication when spawned and that dies way too quickly. theyd realize that spending 1-2 hours each day spamming search words into the group finder to find groups for rares arent a fun gameplay experience.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You want to fire all the alleged victims of sexual harrassment? What a strange stance to take.
    I want to fire everyone who's responsible for making shitty games.
    The whole sexual misconduct debacle is a whole nother story.

A good game, that's the only thing I want.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    wow 2
    only way wow can be saved
    an expansion doesnt cut it
    same for me, not interested in ANYTHING else tbh at all this point
    salvage all you need/want, models/music/wtc but fresh start is needed AF, its been 15y of hoarding stuff from past expansions and it cant go on forever

also, if WoW2 is ever to become a thing, i'd like it to be more about open world rather than instanced content

I don't see it happening really, so for foresable future- im out. Don't fancy the direction game has turned a good few years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Contrary to the arguments you see on this forum, class representation matters in a game with 36 specs/classes. People bitch, whine and moan about the current meta, it'd be infinitely worse if 10M Heroic were to come back. Besides that, there are already 2 entire difficulty levels of raid in WoW that you can clear with a small group. Saying shit like, "FFXIV does it, why can't WoW?!??!" is about as pointless an argument as you can create. Blizzard already caters to smaller raid groups. You're just demanding that they specifically design the game around your preferences for the hardest content in the game.
    There's no reason to bring FFXIV into this discussion, when WoW itself did it with great success previously.

Then they decided to not do it anymore and 40k raiding guilds died, millions of people quit the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    1. Remove all bullshit systems, go back to how things were in MoP and before
    2. Flying unlocked at max level upon purchase
    3. Remove timegated bullshit

The rest doesn't matter because it's really that simple. Those are your actual wowkillers.
    this is a rather good start…

foremost point1

no „systems“
    no „systems“
    no „systems“

dear blizz:
    yes, i know blizz. systems are cheap. i know. a bit DB entries, some cheap UIs. et voila, its done. and you can add something to an xpac feature list and sell that shit as content. ok. i know. world design, real content, more dungeons, and real stuff is not cheap. it costs effort and investment. i know. i understand why you are doing all that shitty systems instead. but: what about just saving money, doing NONE of that systems and just 10% more content? its still less expensive. no shitty systems to balance. not super much content. no huge investment. just wow. i know, you can not write „content“ on a feature list. but here is my thought: ppl dont buy your crap anyway. its a 16 year old game. dont try to sell shit as gold for some strange 16 year old kids, playng your crap for 2-3 months and leaving forever. just take the money of all your die hard fans, now 40+ years old, and simply give them just another wow xpac. without all that shit, you need to balance, think about, implement, improve. even when you dont have your feature list. we as fans, dont care. we just wanna play wow. can you do this for us?
    best regards, your longterm loyal customer

Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-09 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Remake Kalimdor and EK.

Ignore every other zone on azeroth. Put them away for the future/non accesible outside of chromie time.

Make some event which would explain why we loose most of our power so we are not literal gods anymore.

Jump 20 years into the future.

Make the next xpac more local threats/non galaxy destroying things.

Won't happen because the need to finish the whole galaxy light void life death storyline first which no one wants or asked for.
    Yes x10000000
    or maybe like x 1000000000000000000000000
    Also, last sentence is pog

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I mean, why? It's going to be WoW but with the added terribleness of losing years of progress and memories.
    no one said anything about losing stuff

but the reason for wow 2 is cuz an expansion can ltierally not fix wows problems at the core. A new game is required, its not a simple expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There's no reason to bring FFXIV into this discussion, when WoW itself did it with great success previously.

Then they decided to not do it anymore and 40k raiding guilds died, millions of people quit the game.
    There's no way you're actually making the argument that the subscriber drop off in the first quarter of WoD was due to the removal of 10M Heroic. I refuse to believe anybody would intentionally try to argue something so hilariously out of touch with reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no way you're actually making the argument that the subscriber drop off in the first quarter of WoD was due to the removal of 10M Heroic. I refuse to believe anybody would intentionally try to argue something so hilariously out of touch with reality.
    All those 10 man raiders tried 20 man raiding for the first tier. Noticed it was full of shit and then realized there is nothing else to do in the game if you don't raid that 20 man -> quit.

You can also check the amounts of guilds from eg. wowprogress.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

WoW 2 sounds like the point where people would just leave the ship entirely and put their focus elsewhere. If you've been a WoW player for 15 years, the idea of jumping on a WoW 2 isn't that appealing honestly.

All those 10 man raiders tried 20 man raiding for the first tier. Noticed it was full of shit and then realized there is nothing else to do in the game if you don't raid that 20 man -> quit.

You can also check the amounts of guilds from eg. wowprogress.
    Blizzard has never once released any information on the reasons people quit WoW yet here you are confidently implying that millions of players quit for a very specific reason that you have no way of ever hoping to prove. I mean it's even more hilarious when you account for the fact that of the millions who quit in Q1 of WoD, even more seemed to return for the launch. Oh, and then all those same millions of players returned for Legion but I guess must've quit again after they realized bully Blizzard forgot to readd 10M Heroic back to the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    New Class. Necromancers would be my no. 1 choice, but at this point, I'll take anything.

edit: also, player housing. give me something to build towards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has never once released any information on the reasons people quit WoW yet here you are confidently implying that millions of players quit for a very specific reason that you have no way of ever hoping to prove. I mean it's even more hilarious when you account for the fact that of the millions who quit in Q1 of WoD, even more seemed to return for the launch. Oh, and then all those same millions of players returned for Legion but I guess must've quit again after they realized bully Blizzard forgot to readd 10M Heroic back to the game...
    They never returned to raiding. That is obvious from the public statistics. And personally almost everyone I know quit mainly because 10 man raiding no longer existed. The other content just doesn't cut it. And yes, they did in fact return for Legion and gave the game one more shot. They didn't return to BfA or SL anymore.

10man raiding was the bread and butter of WoW, without it there wasn't enough incentive to play. The game was at its utmost peak when we had 10man raiding - WotLK, Cata, MoP. M+ was a great addition in Legion, but it didn't, and still doesn't, appeal to everyone.

Without M+ this game would have been dead and transformed into a F2P game after Legion.

People love group PvE content, but they want to do it in a small group.

no doomsday stories
    remove daloser
    return class design to MOP era

They never returned to raiding. That is obvious from the public statistics. And personally almost everyone I know quit mainly because 10 man raiding no longer existed. The other content just doesn't cut it. And yes, they did in fact return for Legion and gave the game one more shot. They didn't return to BfA or SL anymore.

10man raiding was the bread and butter of WoW, without it there wasn't enough incentive to play. The game was at its utmost peak when we had 10man raiding - WotLK, Cata, MoP. M+ was a great addition in Legion, but it didn't, and still doesn't, appeal to everyone.

Without M+ this game would have been dead and transformed into a F2P game after Legion.

People love group PvE content, but they want to do it in a small group.
    Lol, even at its peak in WotLK 25M raiding was more popular (because it had the best gear). It wasn't until gear parity between 10 and 25M in Cata that 25M lost popularity but if we're using the same flawed metrics you are to support the popularity of 10M raiding every single quarter after gear parity was introduced saw subscriber declines so that isn't a particularly strong argument either. You'd be better off not assuming "everybody I know" is a particularly compelling substition for actual data but that would require to ackowledge the very real fact that few people play this game to raid and even fewer play it specifically for small group content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, even at its peak in WotLK 25M raiding was more popular (because it had the best gear).
    And this just shows you know jack shit about this.

Check wowprogress. About 4-5 times more guilds had 10m heroic kills during WotLK than 25m.

25 v 10
    Lich King 1101 v 5664
    Anub'akar 2527 v 36260

Anub'akar is an outlier, because it was a lot harder in 25m compared to the other bosses. For Val'kyr Twins it was 8297 v 45326. For ICC it follows the 1 to 5 ratio throughout the raid.

Ulduar and Naxx don't have individual 25 v 10 data available, they are all mashed together.

I’m very confused by the posts people are making about nerfing Mythic difficulty...

If it’s too hard for you just do heroic?
    Don’t ruin the one good thing in the game.