Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Age of Empires IV

As a huge lover of the franchise it's finally here. I never even knew they were making a new game, I also never expected another game to be made seeing as the genre of RTS is kind of dead.

I hope we are heading towards an RTS renascence. Let me dream! :P

*Squeals like a Schoolgirl*
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-11-14 at 10:08 PM.

I am a bit distrustful of it living up to the first two, like a decade after the relative failure of the third one lol

Still, I'll definetly be giving this game a try

Environments/buildings look good, units look a bit cartoony compared to the previous games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Environments/buildings look good, units look a bit cartoony compared to the previous games though.
    They don't look cartoony to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am a bit distrustful of it living up to the first two, like a decade after the relative failure of the third one lol

Still, I'll definetly be giving this game a try
    AOEII Definitive Edition came out today, it's beautiful and plays great (except some odd pathing).

I get a fair number of people don't like AOEIII, but I thought it was pretty damn good.

oh I wanted AoE4 to have a WW1 period, but middle ages is fine.

Was interesting until I saw Relic. They haven't done anything good in over 10 years.

Age of empires is one of my favorite game series but something about the animations on this one looks off. :/
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. RTS games are so 20th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Interesting. I was wondering if they'd go IV or V if they ever made another one since Mythology was after III and is technically a 4th.

The trailer really doesn't tell us much. I wonder if it'll play closer to II or III. I don't know what it is, but III turns me off every time I try to play it while I can play II for hours.

hmmm. that xbox symbol means it'll be on xbox?

i guess i should encourage my mom to get the xbox deal instead of the ps4. cause i'll not have a computer with windows 10 for a long while.

but anyway, it looks great. they finally made it so that connecting a wall to a tower diagonally doesn't leave a bit gaping graphical hole in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm. that xbox symbol means it'll be on xbox?

i guess i should encourage my mom to get the xbox deal instead of the ps4. cause i'll not have a computer with windows 10 for a long while.

but anyway, it looks great. they finally made it so that connecting a wall to a tower diagonally doesn't leave a bit gaping graphical hole in it.
    ....your mom?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Interesting. I was wondering if they'd go IV or V if they ever made another one since Mythology was after III and is technically a 4th.

The trailer really doesn't tell us much. I wonder if it'll play closer to II or III. I don't know what it is, but III turns me off every time I try to play it while I can play II for hours.
    AoM released 3 years before AoE 3

Been enjoying AoE2: Definitive edition, but even with the fresh look it feels and plays like an old game. That's fine in itself, but I do yearn for a fresher take on the franchise. AoE4 is probably quite a deviation from the norm, considering they got Relic to make it. I've spent quite a few hours on Dawn of War and Company of Heroes back in the day. DoW2 was otherwise good, but they removed the RTS side from it, and I didn't even give the third game a chance after checking reviews. CoH2 I skipped because I heard it was fractured into multiple pieces that each cost money. So I'm cautiously optimistic for AoE4.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Age of Empires 2 and its expansion like a madman when I was a kid. I loved those games and I loved the history you learned from them. To this day my favorite is the El Cid campaign in the expansion pack. I never played AoE 3 so I'm really excited for this one.

Off-topic, when Age of Mythology came out I thought it was the best that franchise had to offer. Super big AoM fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ....your mom?
    Did a double take on that too...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something disturbs me. These really look like some AOE2 again. a bit difference is a walls with guards and some buldings... even the trebuche is the same.
    Actualy i didnt have any problem with AOE3... ppl just didnt give it a chance. Later i tried and it was totaly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    AoM released 3 years before AoE 3
    Ah, shows how bad my memory is. I wanted to think it was, but wasn't quite sure and was 100% lazy too look it up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    AOEII Definitive Edition came out today, it's beautiful and plays great (except some odd pathing).

I get a fair number of people don't like AOEIII, but I thought it was pretty damn good.
    My only issue with AoE2 DE has been frame rates when panning across the screen. Otherwise it's beautiful and really well done. I'm certainly excited for a new game!