Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The good WoW is getting an update in a month or two.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The good WoW is getting an update in a month or two.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

We're probably getting a .5 patch in a 4 to 6 weeks if my guess is right. The real question is if it's worth it or not. All I can think of is Torghast leveling, and probably some heritage armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend leaving other MMO's out of the conversation. Inevitably that turns into game vs. game and that's against the rules here and threads that are otherwise OK get closed.

If we feel that someone is injecting other MMO's into the conversation to deliberately derail the thread we will deal with that as well.

Stick to the topic. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

9.1.5 will happen to come out in Nov around the FF14 expac launch. if what's in will be content or more daily grind is hard to say
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    I definitely wasn't expecting to see 9.2 by the end of the year. I can see 9.1.5, which I didn't know about till reading this thread, coming out before the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Given how long it took 9.1 to launch, and I've read several sources saying there is no work being done on WoW right now, I'm guessing it's a safe assumption that we won't have any more WoW content in 2021?

I gotta say, I was honestly digging Shadowlands at launch. Crazy how off-track everything has gotten...
    It's also probably safe to assume this thread is silly.

9.1 released 6 weeks ago, and a 6-9 month patch lifespan is standard. So yes, expect anything between Jan-Apr for 9.2. Regardless of "reading several sources saying there is no work being done on wow", lol.

Anyway, yes, don't expect any wow content in 2021. Maybe a 9.1.5 patch with some minor features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Source?
    Pretty sure he's talking about phase 2 in TBC (which hit the PTR a couple of weeks ago?).
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-08-14 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you think nobody is working anymore? In America? They just sit around talking all day about the lawsuit...
    I think the whole world is keenly interested in the lawsuit of a video game company. Not the bomb threats you see in the news, not all the shootings around the world or any other conflicts going on. No, the world must know what is happening with Activision Blizzard /s
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love how people that havent been playing wow for years drop into a post to tell us how bad everything is when they dont even know what bfa or sls is even about.

Sure 9.1 took a long time, the release of sls was also delayed.. we dont know anything about the release schedule and speculation about negative crap on a forum isn’t going to help the community progress into the future. People need to relax, take a step back (likely from the game) - and come back when you have your stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Expect content drought throughout the entire lifespan of Shadowlands.
    Why would anyone expect anything else? It's very clear people will continue to pay whether WoW delivers content or not.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Just watching the house burn down.

Shadowlands might actually pass WoD as the worst expansion and that is depressing, because WoD was really, really bad. That is if the next patch takes as long as 9.1, and has barely any content like 9.1, and they continue to build on shitty systems like Renown, and Torghast.

I foresee one more patch in Systemlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, it's actually fair to say, that 9.1 did not add much content, no matter what you prefer. Korthia is a cool zone and the new raid is one of the best I have ever seen (if you ignore the story), but no matter what, there was not much content in that patch, no matter what your preference is.
    If 9.1 with a raid, megadungeon, new zone, campaign quests, dailies, and new reps is “no content” what would you call 3.1?

People often make the mistake of saying "I paid $15 a month for this", when they should be saying how much they spent TOTAL.

9.1 cost players $135. Use that to decide if it's value for money.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    If 9.1 with a raid, megadungeon, new zone, campaign quests, dailies, and new reps is “no content” what would you call 3.1?
    Raid is good, no opinion about Taz (didn't get to play it before unsubbing), new zone sucks, campaign quests suck, dailies suck and always have, new reps suck and always have. As far as my tastes go, the only good part of the patch is the raid, and they had to partially !@#$ it up by adding MOAR SYSTEMZ. Because that's exactly what SL needed!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    People often make the mistake of saying "I paid $15 a month for this", when they should be saying how much they spent TOTAL.

9.1 cost players $135. Use that to decide if it's value for money.
    Considering I got hundreds of hours of entertainment, and I know friends who have spent that much at a bar in one night, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Raid is good, no opinion about Taz (didn't get to play it before unsubbing), new zone sucks, campaign quests suck, dailies suck and always have, new reps suck and always have. As far as my tastes go, the only good part of the patch is the raid, and they had to partially !@#$ it up by adding MOAR SYSTEMZ. Because that's exactly what SL needed!
    Taz is A LOT of fun, new zone is okay, I like it more than Isle because it is a bit smaller and with the whistle you can just about get to every rare. Campaign was meh, but most of the primary storylines through wow have been mediocre, its always been the small scale stories that blizzard does well. Also enjoying this season of M+ myself.

On topic I said before, we will get 9.1.5 sometime in October, and 9.2 Jan (this gives players a month to digest 9.2 before they blizzcon the end of SL/possible sneak peak of 10.0, though I can see them holding off on 10.0 sneak peak if they plan a 9.3/November 2022 blizzcon).
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-08-14 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Given how long it took 9.1 to launch, and I've read several sources saying there is no work being done on WoW right now, I'm guessing it's a safe assumption that we won't have any more WoW content in 2021?

I gotta say, I was honestly digging Shadowlands at launch. Crazy how off-track everything has gotten...
    the simple and short answer? yes, there will not be much additional content in 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's obvious that Blizzard has crippling managerial problems, as for the past several years they've proven incapable of releasing games.

• HotS was put into maintenance mode.
    • Titan languished in development hell for years and years until Overwatch was salvaged out of it.
    • D3's second expansion was cancelled.
    • D4 is in development hell and it's director has been sacrificed
    • OW2 is in development hell and it's director left
    • Blizzard's incubation unit hasn't released anything.
    • All other Blizzard games are outsourced to mixed results (SC1 remaster being decent, WC3 Reforged being neglected by Blizzard, rushed, and given too little budget, Diablo Immortal is in development hell).
    • WoW dev team took 7 months to release a barebones content patch.

The last year and a half of WoW has been brutal. In the span of 20 months, Blizzard has only managed to 1. release the most barebones expansion in the history of the game (only 4 questing zones, no post game questing content, no reputation storylines, only 1 raid at launch, no side activities like brawlers guild/scenarios/island expeditions/warfronts), and 2. release one of the most barebones content patches in the history of the game.

I doubt Blizzard is going to be able to put out another content patch before FFXIV 6.1 hits. At this rate, I wonder if WoW 10.0 will be able to come out before FFXIV 7.0 comes out. If there is a WoW 9.3 then there is no way they'll beat that deadline.
    exactly this.

Blizz faces exactly that typical things that happens, when a company raises up to a multibillion dollar company and goes that same way Blizz has gone. its nearly expectable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will repeat again. If someone will say, that covid is an issue for delays, i will laugh hard. It is not the case anymore... The case is, that they facing lawsuits and sponsors leaving overwatch league. And this is thier priority now.

People well mostly on HOTS reddit, believes that covid is still in case. Guys get real... Year ago fine, it was an case for delays, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Imagine the content we could have had if there was no covenant but only 1 campaign, that would save up to 3 covenant soulbinds / lair / lego / abilities / etc worth of content
    thats the problem with ppl not envolved in development. you just not understand HOW less of effort it is, to do 4 covenants. its all DB entries, a few lines of logic code and cheap UIs. same goes for quests. whereas real „content“ involves gfx and world design, game engine logic and other stuff. which is factor 50-100 more expensive. „systems“ and actual wow design (since years) is simply cost effective development. aka milk the cow. on top of it, you put smart cash grab systems, like tokens and supporting game design (support selling of tokens via supporting boosting). this version of wow design evens out some lost subs,without problems, and put high quarterly figures on top of it. its the way to make most profit in 2020+.

you ppls have to realize that its not 1999 anymore, where longterm investment, a great product and most subs, make the most money. this times are long over. in nearly every industry and foremost in the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Lots of companies go through those, but none of them stop working...
    This!

People here think Activision/Blizzard is the only company on earth where stuff like this happens. It happens everywhere we just don't hear from from it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The last year and a half of WoW has been brutal. In the span of 20 months, Blizzard has only managed to 1. release the most barebones expansion in the history of the game (only 4 questing zones, no post game questing content, no reputation storylines, only 1 raid at launch, no side activities like brawlers guild/scenarios/island expeditions/warfronts), and 2. release one of the most barebones content patches in the history of the game.
    there is so much wrong with this statement that I just cannot even...

edit: ok I'll try.

first off, there is a reputation storyline... except it's tied to renown instead. secondly, no post game questing content? again, the covenant campaign. only 1 raid at launch? you mean like the last 3 expansions before it? no side activities? sure, if you ignore Torghast. as for the barebones content patch we got a new raid, new zone, new covenant questlines, new additions to Torghast and M+ - what more do you want?
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-08-14 at 06:07 AM.