Gul`dan say whaaat?

Unsure if this has been spoken about recently/in the past, but running through Nighthold on my Horde for the Infernals, again..., a particular sentence from Gul`dan sounded somewhat familiar of recent events

" Your pathetic horde will fall to dust. In the end, death with inherit this world and she will be waiting".

As we all know, the horde was in a state of disunity up until recently, and now we are facing the realms of death, and Sylvanas. My question, because i couldn't find a proper answer elsewhere is, where did Gul`dan hide his crystal ball? Did he somehow know what was going to happen with Sylvanas and the Jailer and such ?

Did i miss something somewhere that answers this? Anyone provide an answer ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan wasnt dumb and pointed out the obvious to the deluded horde members
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I mean, Varimathras also knew it seems, which I mean that makes sense since he is a dreadlord and all. Although it's a good indicator of how much the dreadlords knew despite being in the Burning Legion for so long.

Possible one of them "leaked" the info or it was discovered somehow?

Possibly, the Burning Legion wanted to destroy azeroth so the Old Gods couldnt corrupt it though unless im mistaken, if they knew that it would just end up with the forces of Death taking over in the end, why did they even bother trying themselves?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Unsure if this has been spoken about recently/in the past, but running through Nighthold on my Horde for the Infernals, again..., a particular sentence from Gul`dan sounded somewhat familiar of recent events

" Your pathetic horde will fall to dust. In the end, death with inherit this world and she will be waiting".

As we all know, the horde was in a state of disunity up until recently, and now we are facing the realms of death, and Sylvanas. My question, because i couldn't find a proper answer elsewhere is, where did Gul`dan hide his crystal ball? Did he somehow know what was going to happen with Sylvanas and the Jailer and such ?

Did i miss something somewhere that answers this? Anyone provide an answer ?
    The Legion very well knew of Sylvanas' plans. Varimathras taunted us too when we fought him. Oh they knew....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

>Sylvanas becomes Warchief in Legion
    >First thing she does is go off making an enemy out of Odyn and his Valarjar trying to enslave a demigoddess to make more forsaken

It's not as if her disloyalty to the Horde came out of left field

Considering Legion was literally 2 expansions ago, and they plan future storylines (broadly) years in advance, I think those hints all line up with what they were planning for here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Considering Legion was literally 2 expansions ago, and they plan future storylines (broadly) years in advance, I think those hints all line up with what they were planning for here.
    Well that's nobrainer seeing how Legion is seeded hard with what we ended up finding in Shadowlands.

And it probably seeded a few more expansions there too, whether it's Xalatath, Shadowguard, Ilgynoth's prophecies and what not. Blizzard released their cosmology and let us understand that we're going to explore that chart, so much of that exploration got seeded back in Legion and some in BFA.

Void and Light are pretty obvious, buts something like, for example ,Mag'har quest ending sneaked in Botani into Azeroth too in the background. So that's Nature/Life seed as well.

There's good 3-4 expansions of setups we have as is and I bet we will have quite more "X say whaaat?" moments down the road too.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Possibly, the Burning Legion wanted to destroy azeroth so the Old Gods couldnt corrupt it though unless im mistaken, if they knew that it would just end up with the forces of Death taking over in the end, why did they even bother trying themselves?
    I'm not sure how far into the Legion that actually was known. I HIGHLY doubt most of the members would be doing something that in some sense seemed altruistic to the universe. I would even surmise it was only the top tier members, if not only Sargeras that knew that was the intent of invading Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    >Sylvanas becomes Warchief in Legion
    >First thing she does is go off making an enemy out of Odyn and his Valarjar trying to enslave a demigoddess to make more forsaken

It's not as if her disloyalty to the Horde came out of left field
    That's not really disloyalty as there were a few things you neglected to mention: Her people cannot procreate and her people decay over time as seen with Nathanos in the short story where she put him in his cousin's body.

As members of the Horde(the Forsaken), she wasn't somehow betraying the Horde as the two stories were concurrent and we hadn't yet found out about half of what was going on in terms of Odyn in the zone at the point that we see the cinematic between her and Greymane.

So either you're just ignoring a good portion of the story or you're choosing to do so in order to be another frothing at the mouth against her for whatever reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, Varimathras also knew it seems, which I mean that makes sense since he is a dreadlord and all. Although it's a good indicator of how much the dreadlords knew despite being in the Burning Legion for so long.

Possible one of them "leaked" the info or it was discovered somehow?
    Given the Legion's consistent failings due to the arrogance of its leaders, my current headcanon is that Sargeras and the lords of the Legion probably knew about the Nathrezim's duplicity in some capacity, but likely overlooked for two reasons:

First, and most straightforward, the Nathrezim, while having dual loyalties, were still useful enough to keep around. The Nathrezim have always been seen as effective agents of the Legion and so long as they remained effective in pursuing the Legion's goals, it could be worth the risk.

Second, they may not have seen such dual loyalty as a threat even if they were to betray the Legion. Imagine if you are a Warlock (such as Kil'jaeden and Archimonde) who can individually wield magic that can devastate or wipe life off a world, whose armies have weapons of mass destruction that are fully capable of destroying planets, and who serves a master who dwarfs both you and every member of your army in terms of raw Fel magic as well as being able to cleave planets in two through brute physical strength. Given those factors, what reason would you ever have to fear or even be concerned about another force? Your armies are endless, your power is vast when applied, and your master seems to be without peer.

This wouldn't even be the first time that the Legion allied with someone who has dual loyalties either as they worked with Xavius in Legion, which is hinted at both by Archimonde's possession of a fragment of power from the Rift of Aln, the Legion and Nightmare forces working in tandem at the Temple of Elune, and Malfurion's statement that Xavius and his masters are intentionally trying to distract the heroes of Azeroth from for the Legion.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief