Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Undecember - Cross-platform Loot-based ARPG

Undecember is an upcoming Free-to-Play, loot-based ARPG game with a class-less character system and personal skill grid where players link abilities freely. Full release on OCTOBER 12th.

The game has an overworld, dungeon, raids and Zodiac, Tarot, and Crafting systems in addition to the skill grid and loot system. It was recently part of the Steam Next Fest.

Official Site

Steam (demo): Link
    Android: Link
    Apple: Link

Registered and predownloaded on the phone (i'm rebuilding my pc lol). I managed to try the demo at a friend's.

Combat and animation are polished enough and feel good, but i want to see what happens at endgame when you reach high levels of attack speed for example.

The skill grid is just awesome. It's all the good of PoE to be able to build freely around the skills and playstyle you like without the hassle of having the sockets tied to your gear.

Cannot wait for the 12th and see if it plays fine on my phone and how much p2w is going to play a role in the game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Free-to-Play
    Skip. 10 characters on how it will be terrible. And also a mobile game.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Looks cool. I'll check it out.

Looks good but I will skip. F2P and mobile. There is a good chance everything in the game is designed to milk the last penny out of players.

Damnit, this and Torchlight Infinite launching this coming week. What's up with mobile ARPG's and this week >.>

Looks very pretty at the least, though.

Played the demo and it looks nice, but ARPGs have gotten pretty generic lately. Doubt i'll play one until D4 comes out. Lost Ark was alright til you got to max level and the boring grind started. How is this monetized?

I love how people shout skip and then happily log into path of exile to continue playing. Amazing irony.

Mobile game is a huge skip. Free-to-play on a phone is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit, this and Torchlight Infinite launching this coming week. What's up with mobile ARPG's and this week >.>

Torchlight Infinite plays like shit and its riddled with p2w, i have skipped it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Torchlight Infinite plays like shit and its riddled with p2w, i have skipped it.
    It's wonky as a mobile game for sure, but it plays fine IMO.

And big meh on P2W. Got to maps and it didn't impact the experience of progression, so unless it hits hard later, meh. If some rich boi wants to shell out for big dick gear, whatever. I'm not doing PvP, even if it exists, so someone paying for gear doesn't bug me.

This game seems to have a similar overall setup (mobile game first, pretty P2W etc.) and I'm here for both these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Looks good but I will skip. F2P and mobile. There is a good chance everything in the game is designed to milk the last penny out of players.
    Shame, really.
    We didnt outcry loud enough when the slope started, so this is just the norm for mobile games now.

Like look at Angry Birds compared to Angry Birds 2. The first one was just legitimately a fun, small, simple game. You could spend a few bucks to get some extra levels. Now theyve completely discontinued it and Angry Birds 2 has an Energy limit for how many levels you can play before waiting an hour to recharge or spending another 99 cents.

Just let us buy the fucking games, like damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    We didnt outcry loud enough when the slope started, so this is just the norm for mobile games now.
    Because "we" are the minority on mobile. The overwhelming majority of folks that play mobile games aren't "core" gamers and don't give a shit about any of this. They just wanna knock down some structures with birds, cut some fruit in half, and raid a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Just let us buy the fucking games, like damn.
    Sadly not how the mobile market works, and the attempts to actually make premium priced games "work" have largely failed. Not because the games are bad or anything, but simply because the mobile market is radically different than the PC/console market.

So we get some of these janky mobile games coming to PC that we can play if we're interested or ignore if we aren't, because they were never going to be made for PC-first anyways.

Online F2P? Pass... Enjoying Octopath Traveller atm on me phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think TLI plays alright, but Undecember is a lot smoother and visually punchy. In particular, I think the melee in Undecember plays terrific. I'm like 18 hours into the demo so far on multiple build set ups. The game is pretty snappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Have you seen Superfuse yet? Path of Exile in space, cell shaded. It's real hot.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1770080/Superfuse/

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned this in the "Last Game You Played" Thread, so I'll quickly repost my points from there:
    Pros:
    -Interesting skill system similar to PoE's. You have a large hexagonal grid that you can socket runes (skill gems) into. Runes have 1-6 colored sides (green = dex, red = strength, blue = int) where you can attach corresponding link runes (support gems) to them to buff/alter their effects. Because the entire thing is on a grid, you can have skills share link runes, and trying to make them all fit is a nice addition to build making.
    -Currencies are almost ripped directly from PoE, so item crafting is fairly familiar. Drops seem to be much more frequent, and you can combine currencies for higher tier ones.
    -Seemingly lots of content upon full release (10 acts, end game dungeons, 8 players raids)
    -Character models and gear actually looks pretty good for being a PC/mobile game hybrid (even leveling gear)

Cons:
    -Even worse storage issues than PoE for F2P players. By default, you can hold 100 items with 100 more in your bank; crafting currencies can easily take up over half of your bank alone
    -Enemies absolutely vomit gear at absurd levels at you, and autolooting pets are a paid subscription feature only
    -Game can be a little clunky at times, since the PC version is built off of the mobile one
    -Game does a pretty poor job in explaining what stats/currencies/features mean
    -Stash and inventory are not linked, meaning you need to have currencies in your inventory to craft. With limited inventory space and huge variety in crafting ingredients, having to constantly run back and forth between your stash and the blacksmith/enchanter to craft can be a pain
    -Game uses nProtect GameGuard as anticheat
    As long as the inventory issues don't get too crazy at endgame, I can see myself sinking a good chunk of time into this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    I mentioned this in the "Last Game You Played" Thread, so I'll quickly repost my points from there:

As long as the inventory issues don't get too crazy at endgame, I can see myself sinking a good chunk of time into this game.
    There is a separate tab for crafting currencies that is free. Your inventory is mostly empty actually. There isn't an abundance of loot, you're meant to melt most of it for crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TLI plays alright, but Undecember is a lot smoother and visually punchy. In particular, I think the melee in Undecember plays terrific. I'm like 18 hours into the demo so far on multiple build set ups. The game is pretty snappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen Superfuse yet? Path of Exile in space, cell shaded. It's real hot.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1770080/Superfuse/

Taking a look at that.

OT: THis game does look promising gameplay wise though. The mobile part makes me skeptical. I meant to say that about Undecember
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-10-09 at 09:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It certainly looks like a game worth keeping an eye on to see what the endgame looks like when people get there on release.

Yes F2P + mobile can be bad, but it doesn't have to be. The good thing about the modern age is we can sit back and let other people discover it for us.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a separate tab for crafting currencies that is free. Your inventory is mostly empty actually. There isn't an abundance of loot, you're meant to melt most of it for crafting.
    Well, now I feel stupid. Thanks for the heads up.