View Poll Results: What will be the next WoW class?

Voters
290. This poll is closed
  • Old Dragonsworn

6 2.07%
  • New Dragonsworn

23 7.93%
  • Necromancer

52 17.93%
  • Dark Ranger

46 15.86%
  • Tinker

93 32.07%
  • Bard

59 20.34%
  • Night Warrior

11 3.79%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I want Bard most of all, necromancer or some kind of caster second.
    Agreed those are the only two missing form the Fantasy setting

All of those options are pretty cringe. WoW has too many classes already, adding more offers a temporary hype and excitment while further diluting the game. They shouldn't add anymore classes, they could always add more flavour stuff though (like Gladiator Warrior/Survival Hunter), but maybe people don't want more meme builds.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I want Bard most of all, necromancer or some kind of caster second.
    Interesting that so many people want Bards, considering that their playstyle (support auras) was mostly purged from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Tinker exists. It's called engineering.
    That argument only works if you completely ignore reality.

Necromancer: Raise Dead= Death Knight, Unholy Frenzy= Death Knight, Death and Decay= Death Knight
    Dark Ranger: Black Arrow= Hunter, Wailing Arrow= Hunter, Withering Fire= Hunter

Tinker: Pocket Factory= ???, Cluster Rocket= ???, Engineering Upgrade= ???, Robo Goblin= ???, XPlodium Charge= ???, Rock-it Turret= ???, Deth Lazor= ???, Gravity Bomb= ???
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-09-03 at 10:56 PM.

I am surprised by people wanting bard. I saw an idea from someone that wasn't terrible, but it's very much a fantasy that does not exist in WoW.
    Only thing i can think of is war drums. Funnily the leatherworking item that is a discount hero/lust.

Given that, i think there are many views of what it could be and i think if it did indeed, that a good amount of people would be disappointed that the implementation was not the one they had in mind.

Honestly, as much as it upsets me, unless there was a change of direction, i can see Blizz forcing Dark ranger onto us just as they have Sylvanas for 3 expansions. Each expansion increasing the number of things she can do which can inspire a class.
    I hope they don't though, but that is what i'm expecting. Another "edgy" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Interesting that so many people want Bards, considering that their playstyle (support auras) was mostly purged from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

That argument only works if you completely ignore reality.

Necromancer: Raise Dead= Death Knight, Unholy Frenzy= Death Knight, Death and Decay= Death Knight
    Dark Ranger: Black Arrow= Hunter, Wailing Arrow= Hunter, Withering Fire= Hunter

Tinker: Pocket Factory= ???, Cluster Rocket= ???, Engineering Upgrade= ???, Robo Goblin= ???, XPlodium Charge= ???, Rock-it Turret= ???, Deth Lazor= ???, Gravity Bomb= ???
    None of those spells exist in WoW so your comment is utterly irrelevant

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those spells exist in WoW so your comment is utterly irrelevant
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261516/rock-it-turret
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261739/xplodium-charge
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261556/grav-o-bomb-3000
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261752/deth-lazor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am surprised by people wanting bard. I saw an idea from someone that wasn't terrible, but it's very much a fantasy that does not exist in WoW.
    Only thing i can think of is war drums. Funnily the leatherworking item that is a discount hero/lust.

Given that, i think there are many views of what it could be and i think if it did indeed, that a good amount of people would be disappointed that the implementation was not the one they had in mind.

Honestly, as much as it upsets me, unless there was a change of direction, i can see Blizz forcing Dark ranger onto us just as they have Sylvanas for 3 expansions. Each expansion increasing the number of things she can do which can inspire a class.
    I hope they don't though, but that is what i'm expecting. Another "edgy" class.
    Eh... I'm not sure that's going to happen. I don't even think Sylvanas is a Dark Ranger anymore. If anything, I could see Dark Ranger become a talent option for Marksmanship.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261516/rock-it-turret
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261739/xplodium-charge
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261556/grav-o-bomb-3000
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=261752/deth-lazor

- - - Updated - - -

Eh... I'm not sure that's going to happen. I don't even think Sylvanas is a Dark Ranger anymore. If anything, I could see Dark Ranger become a talent option for Marksmanship.
    NPC abilities are irrelevant so your point is still invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

I feel like monks as a concept were in a similar boat that bards could end up being. That is to say, maybe the particular art and whatever magical practice might be involved in being a bard that would become playable is something that comes from the culture of some new land on Azeroth or wherever a new expansion would take place. Something wholly different than most people on Azeroth are used to, that spreads around and becomes a part of the fantasy of WoW, if that makes sense. It'd be as easy as that, if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    NPC abilities are irrelevant so your point is still invalid.
    LoL! Nice goalpost move.

Interesting that you would argue that NPC abilities are irrelevant when many current class abilities were once NPC abilities. It also should be noted that during BFA, those particular abilities had level requirements, which is a mainstay in class abilities, but nonexistent in NPC abilities.

Like I said, denying reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I feel like monks as a concept were in a similar boat that bards could end up being. That is to say, maybe the particular art and whatever magical practice might be involved in being a bard that would become playable is something that comes from the culture of some new land on Azeroth or wherever a new expansion would take place. Something wholly different than most people on Azeroth are used to, that spreads around and becomes a part of the fantasy of WoW, if that makes sense. It'd be as easy as that, if you ask me.
    That would be quite a departure for Blizzard considering their past class implementations. Not saying it isn't possible, but you're talking about Blizzard bringing in a class with pretty much no hero and no class history in WoW. Then you're talking about them bringing out a continent with also no history in WoW. We should remember that Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, and Shadowlands all had a history in Warcraft lore long before they became the locations of expansions. It would be very strange for Blizzard to bring out a class based on a never heard of hero from a never heard of continent.

LoL! Nice goalpost move.

Interesting that you would argue that NPC abilities are irrelevant when many current class abilities were once NPC abilities. It also should be noted that during BFA, those particular abilities had level requirements, which is a mainstay in class abilities, but nonexistent in NPC abilities.

Didn't you keep telling me that NPC sonic abilities were irrelevant as justification for a bard class? If you are going to make an argument, at least be consistent. You can't just take opposite positions every time someone contradicts you.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I'm not saying they can't do that. I just think it might not correspond to people's expectations.
    I think a monk one could resonably expect that it is a melee fighter and it wasn't far off. There was a warcraft 3 hero to go off of.
    Bard is an idea based on other games. What weapon would it use to start off? A guitar? Drums? The classic instrument? Would it sing? Would it be a buffer? A healer? A dps? Does it fit warcraft? I literally don't know what to expect.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-04 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Didn't you keep telling me that NPC sonic abilities were irrelevant as justification for a bard class? If you are going to make an argument, at least be consistent. You can't just take opposite positions every time someone contradicts you.
    Because those sonic abilities aren't actually attached to Bards. The abilities I listed are attached to Goblins utilizing technology in BFA, and are also the abilities of the Goblin Tinker hero in HotS (who is also using those abilities in BFA).

Anything but tinker.

Because those sonic abilities aren't actually attached to Bards. The abilities I listed are attached to Goblins utilizing technology in BFA, and are also the abilities of the Goblin Tinker hero in HotS (who is also using those abilities in BFA).
    Seems like a pedantic difference to me. Either NPC abilities matter, or they don't.

LoL! Nice goalpost move.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be quite a departure for Blizzard considering their past class implementations. Not saying it isn't possible, but you're talking about Blizzard bringing in a class with pretty much no hero and no class history in WoW. Then you're talking about them bringing out a continent with also no history in WoW. We should remember that Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, and Shadowlands all had a history in Warcraft lore long before they became the locations of expansions. It would be very strange for Blizzard to bring out a class based on a never heard of hero from a never heard of continent.
    Considering you perpetually say that NPC abilities are irrelevant whenever it suits your narrative, I'm simply using your own talking points against you. None of the abilities that Gazlowe had in BfA has been turned into a class ability. Mostly because they are already replicated by engineering but you will just stick your fingers in your ears and ignore that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Seems like a pedantic difference to me. Either NPC abilities matter, or they don't.
    On one hand we have Gazlowe in BFA using an ability that the Tinker hero Gazlowe uses in HotS.

On the other hand we have a Mantid rubbing its wings together to make a sonic attack, or we have an elemental casting sonic boom.

Not in the same ballpark.

I don't think it'd be too much stranger than them taking a vague concept and blowing air into it to make it a bigger and more complete concept, which is something that they pretty much had to do for a good number of those expansion zones. And there's always new things in these bigger, more complete concepts that completely, totally did not exist in the history of WoW before that relevant expansion. I just don't think it's that much of a stretch for a different style of magic usage or fighting to at some point be among those concepts when and if something else in WoW's history that was once vague and deflated is blown up into something full and complete, and have that style bloom into a new playable class.

I doubt they add another but if they did I feel bard or tinker are the most likely. I'd vote for tinker for the simple fact they could tack it on to mail armor class fairly easily (something I thing is strongly needed from the next class), they can make it fill in all 4 roles really, but probably 3.

For healing you can have temporary buffs from injections, healing beams/bombs/injection HoTs, AoE shield/DR for a CD, a hunker down personal CD, a swap positions ability, a shock treatment that does a bit of up front damage but heals more over times (think inverse shadow mend) and much more.

For tank you could have a full time mech rider who has a melee that applies a dot, a flamer thrower for a AoE, a shocking blast to AoE stun, an ability that repairs/heals you/your mech, another ability that roots you but increases your armor/damage reduction for a bit, and again much more.

Finally for ranged damage (have never added one to the game so about time) you have turrets that you drop and do AoE including normal bullets, flamethrower, glaives, and more (make them have a decent CD, but you can use an ability to collect them for reduced/refunded CD), you have an overdrive ability that deals damage but increases damage/cd reduction for you (or maybe allow you to case it on others to), another class that uses a gun but with there own attachments that they swap around that do things like swap the way the gun works, one makes it a flamethrower for short range AoE/burn damage, another a glaive for bounce/cleave damage and bleed, a gun for pure damage and armor reduction, a temporary mech that you can attach turrets to while buffing there damage/your mobility, AoE stun bombs, and more.

For all 3 specs you can have a teleportation pad similar to gateway that others can use (can have it take 1-2 seconds to teleport to differentiate from gateway), speed pads similar to priest feathers, a death prevention system (aka cheat death style ability that they can target, maybe leave it just to tank spec), a heal bot that either shots beams at people or walks around and sprays mists that heal in an AoE.

To me there is a lot you can do with the class, and make it distinct while allowing it to double dip in areas that are currently lacking (mail armor, gun weapons, and a new class that offers healing, tanking, and the first new ranged class) that for me it makes the most sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

You don't know their "playstyle" because that class does not currently exist in WoW. Are you trying to predict the future or anything? You can't make an assertion of fact about their playstyle because that class does not exist in WoW. You're using other games to base your assertions. That's like making an assertion of fact that paladins and warriors should be able to attack with bows because other games allow that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I doubt they add another but if they did I feel bard or tinker are the most likely. I'd vote for tinker for the simple fact they could tack it on to mail armor class fairly easily (something I thing is strongly needed from the next class), they can make it fill in all 4 roles really, but probably 3.

For healing you can have temporary buffs from injections, healing beams/bombs/injection HoTs, AoE shield/DR for a CD, a hunker down personal CD, a swap positions ability, a shock treatment that does a bit of up front damage but heals more over times (think inverse shadow mend) and much more.

For tank you could have a full time mech rider who has a melee that applies a dot, a flamer thrower for a AoE, a shocking blast to AoE stun, an ability that repairs/heals you/your mech, another ability that roots you but increases your armor/damage reduction for a bit, and again much more.

Finally for ranged damage (have never added one to the game so about time) you have turrets that you drop and do AoE including normal bullets, flamethrower, glaives, and more (make them have a decent CD, but you can use an ability to collect them for reduced/refunded CD), you have an overdrive ability that deals damage but increases damage/cd reduction for you (or maybe allow you to case it on others to), another class that uses a gun but with there own attachments that they swap around that do things like swap the way the gun works, one makes it a flamethrower for short range AoE/burn damage, another a glaive for bounce/cleave damage and bleed, a gun for pure damage and armor reduction, a temporary mech that you can attach turrets to while buffing there damage/your mobility, AoE stun bombs, and more.

For all 3 specs you can have a teleportation pad similar to gateway that others can use (can have it take 1-2 seconds to teleport to differentiate from gateway), speed pads similar to priest feathers, a death prevention system (aka cheat death style ability that they can target, maybe leave it just to tank spec), a heal bot that either shots beams at people or walks around and sprays mists that heal in an AoE.

To me there is a lot you can do with the class, and make it distinct while allowing it to double dip in areas that are currently lacking (mail armor, gun weapons, and a new class that offers healing, tanking, and the first new ranged class) that for me it makes the most sense.
    I do feel that the tank spec is pretty much a lock for mech piloting. Ranged DPS could be anything from more mech piloting to the claw pack from WC3, to Goblins and Gnomes with huge tech guns, to a demolition based spec with explosive robots, bombs, and turrets;

Healing spec is another wild card. Again we could have another mech situation, or another gun-based spec that shoots people with healing darts and lobs bio-grenades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You don't know their "playstyle" because that class does not currently exist in WoW. Are you trying to predict the future or anything? You can't make an assertion of fact about their playstyle because that class does not exist in WoW. You're using other games to base your assertions. That's like making an assertion of fact that paladins and warriors should be able to attack with bows because other games allow that.
    If Bards don't utilize the buff-based aura playstyle, what makes them any different than any other spell caster?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-09-04 at 01:03 AM.