Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yeah I wasn't surprised we lost to UGA ... i was shocked at how bad our offense was.. and still is.

also wow we didn't move.. and Iowa and Oregon jumped us, that is a bit extreme esp the ducks jumping that high x.x
    Shockingly, I'm comfortable with the large move up for the Ducks . We were 12th, we beat #3, we should get a big jump - especially this early in the year when most of the initial rankings were based on "feels" and "thoughts" rather than played games.

Clemson shouldn't have moved with that win, especially after the loss to Georgia, and considering that, as you pointed out, Clemson's offense is not good so far this year.

On a side note - Saban and his post Mercer win rant was...odd. I wonder how his mental game is going.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-09-12 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well transitioning to the SEC isnt going to be fun. Also, Card was absolutely lost and Casey adjusted well so Casey should be absolutely starting over Card. Especially sionce our Oline is booty and Casey does a lot better in that kind of situation.

Hopefully that schelacking gives our team jmotivation to do better, ala Maryland loss 2018.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well transitioning to the SEC isnt going to be fun. Also, Card was absolutely lost and Casey adjusted well so Casey should be absolutely starting over Card. Especially sionce our Oline is booty and Casey does a lot better in that kind of situation.

Hopefully that schelacking gives our team jmotivation to do better, ala Maryland loss 2018.
    Texas looked good in their first game - everyone was talking about how solid they looked. Then...Saturday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Texas looked good in their first game - everyone was talking about how solid they looked. Then...Saturday.
    yeah. Funny enough our D did a good job holding up, its our offense that shit the bed and eventually made our defense so tired. O line is shit, Card doesnt seem ready and from what I'm hearing, isnt nearly as good a leader as Casey is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah. Funny enough our D did a good job holding up, its our offense that shit the bed and eventually made our defense so tired. O line is shit, Card doesnt seem ready and from what I'm hearing, isnt nearly as good a leader as Casey is.
    Yeah, if the O can't stay on the field enough to give the D some rest, doesn't matter what else you do.

On a separate note, the Pac-12 had a hell of a good start. UCLA win over LSU and the Oregon beating Ohio State. We'll see if those two teams can keep it going and battle it out for the Pac-12 title. Should be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

First coaching casualty of the season - USC's coach is out after the loss to Stanford.

10+ Year Old Account
    First coaching casualty of the season - USC's coach is out after the loss to Stanford.
    And the calls for Lane Kiffin have already started. xD

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good rundown of interesting or "to watch" games:

ESPN Link

Should be a fun weekend without a lot of upsets. I'm sure Alabama will run roughshod over Florida. Will be curious to see how Oklahoma does at Nebraska, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Interesting tidbit: if the MWC holds onto it's current roster of teams, it is set to return to being the premier midmajor conference in the nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the inevitable "Oh, did we say we're back? We meant back to sucking." from Texas fans this week

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, Texas hired their old defensive coordinator so they should be less scary since his replacement is apparently god awful lol.
    Wasn't Sark their head coach though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan played today, against a cupcake. Nothing of value was learned.

Rutgers next week is an actual opponent, and I hope we're not looking ahead to Wisconsin too much for that one. (Wisconsin is the week after that)

I don't expect miracles this year, I just want the team to look competent and in contention in games, even if it's a loss.

The blowouts against some teams in big moments the past few years have grated on me. Just fucking show up at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post

Wasn't Sark their head coach though?
    in 2007 yeah, but he's had a lot of growth since he flamed out.

Rice game felt good. We played angry and had over 400 yards rushiong, with 4 different RBs getting TDs. Casey is definately the starter now.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Michigan played today, against a cupcake. Nothing of value was learned.

Rutgers next week is an actual opponent,
    Hol' up.
    Rutgers? Actual opponent????

- - - Updated - - -

Rice game felt good. We played angry and had over 400 yards rushiong, with 4 different RBs getting TDs. Casey is definately the starter now.
    *Assumes Massachusetts accent* WHY DOE RITHE PLAY TEXASTH

- - - Updated - - -

I want to mention a few things that happened late in the fourth quarter last night versus SDSU that made all the difference:
    Brewer benched for Rising, Bam (RT) benched entirely, Daniels moved to RT from LG, and Bills came in at LG. Thinking there's a shot we might actually do something this year with these changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We choose to go to the SEC this decade, not because it is easy but because it is hard

i'm preparing myself for Clemson's next loss, likely to NC State and approaching this season with the old mindset of let's just beat UofSC and maybe the ACC champ (only cause the entire ACC seems to be extra bad this year). I don't know what's wrong with our Offense but without some spark, our defense can't keep winning us games forever.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oregon soundly beat their cupcake opponent and looked strong for the most part doing so. Our two freshman QB's got some great game snaps as well.

The rest of the PAC-12 looks ridiculous. Oregon is the only undefeated team left in the PAC-12, and we haven't even really started conference play.

And it's weird, because UCLA beat LSU and then lost to Fresno State (and Oregon barely beat them as well - does that mean that Fresno State is just super good??) and Oregon beat Ohio State and yet now we're here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i'm preparing myself for Clemson's next loss, likely to NC State and approaching this season with the old mindset of let's just beat UofSC and maybe the ACC champ (only cause the entire ACC seems to be extra bad this year). I don't know what's wrong with our Offense but without some spark, our defense can't keep winning us games forever.
    Clemson's defense is great. Their offense apparently hasn't showed up. Was Trevor just that good?

- - - Updated - - -

We choose to go to the SEC this decade, not because it is easy but because it is hard
    What's interesting down the line is that everyone is arguing now that this move just makes the SEC stronger, but what it really does is keep two teams from ever making the CFP - teams that might have if they'd stayed in their conference.

Oregon soundly beat their cupcake opponent and looked strong for the most part doing so. Our two freshman QB's got some great game snaps as well.

The rest of the PAC-12 looks ridiculous. Oregon is the only undefeated team left in the PAC-12, and we haven't even really started conference play.

And it's weird, because UCLA beat LSU and then lost to Fresno State (and Oregon barely beat them as well - does that mean that Fresno State is just super good??) and Oregon beat Ohio State and yet now we're here.

- - - Updated - - -

Clemson's defense is great. Their offense apparently hasn't showed up. Was Trevor just that good?

- - - Updated - - -

What's interesting down the line is that everyone is arguing now that this move just makes the SEC stronger, but what it really does is keep two teams from ever making the CFP - teams that might have if they'd stayed in their conference.
    TL16 and ETN ... and honestly I think mostly ETN he kept defenses on their toes even more so when he got good at short passes and slants. DJ is just missing something right now mentally. Lyn-J hit the transfer portal as well not shocking but sucks. I think the O-line coaching needs a deep looking at myself as an armchair coach.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account

We still could, I know this season all the "super ultra good" teams look absolutely mortal, and Saban wont coach forever (if only because we dont have the technology to overcome death yet). Things can change fast in the next half decade.

This is, assuming, Sark ios the answer and we dont keep hoping on the coaching carousel, although it also applies to Oklahoma.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wisconsin vs Notre Dame turning out to be a great game.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pac-12 keeps scheduling high profile games at the shittiest possible times. #3 ranked Oregon's next three games are 7:30pm (PST), 11:30 am (PST), and then 7:30pm (PST) - two of those are going to be 11pm games for people on the east coast to watch - tough to do even if you're so inclined.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it was turning out to be a good game. Blowout in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was turning out to be a good game. Blowout in the end.
    Yep that one got dull quickly
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good game. I think the Arky game was the kick in the pants we need. We havent scored 70 since 2005!

TCU will be interesting. They usually have our number but they seem to have trouble containing the rush and I think we have the best RB room in the country atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clemson and NC State are wearing out the middle of the field, seems like they're just trading possessions between the 30 yard lines.
    /s