10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    SEC is 5-5 now lol. Told you to wait!
    And the PAC-12 gets shutout.
    /s

PAC 12 looking like the worst conference. I don’t think they won a single bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    And the PAC-12 gets shutout.
    Yeah, PAC-12 has a 5 year stretch of getting beaten pretty badly in bowl games. As a Notre Dame fan who is familiar with losses in big games, I can tell you that this comes from getting consistently overrated. Although not by much... Utah was clearly a good team this year, and gave OSU all it could handle. But it seems like there's a good reason they consistently get shut out of the CFP - are there any teams that have a legit argument that they were snubbed?

Schools like Texas and Oklahoma need a lot of at large spots in the CFP because they probably don't expect to be winning the supercharged SEC. Ironically, it's going to be the biggest boys pushing for the expanded field now so that the SEC can get their 4 spots and the Big 10 can get 2.

And it's not stupid - do you really want parity among the 100 something schools across 10 conferences? That sounds awful to me. I want to see some consistency at the top, and the big programs with large fanbases dominating the discussion. I don't know a single Cincinnati football fan.
    yes, I want more parity, I want a realm when it's not given that 1 of 3 teams (if that many) will win the natty outside of the rare one-and-done years like LSU. Other levels of football from the NFL to highschool do just fine with a real system where any school could get a chance and it works. Most of the big fan bases are big cause they are bandwagon fans lol.. let the impossible happen and Bama have 2-3 wins per season for a few years and i bet you know a lot less Bama fans.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yes, I want more parity, I want a realm when it's not given that 1 of 3 teams (if that many) will win the natty outside of the rare one-and-done years like LSU. Other levels of football from the NFL to highschool do just fine with a real system where any school could get a chance and it works. Most of the big fan bases are big cause they are bandwagon fans lol.. let the impossible happen and Bama have 2-3 wins per season for a few years and i bet you know a lot less Bama fans.....
    I agree that it's gotten too top heavy, but I do think that it's good for the sport that people can root for the big names and see them routinely have success. I think it's good when you see power teams from different conferences rising up and winning here and there so that it's somewhat dynamic, but I don't think you should aim to get it so a small program like Cincy is suddenly dominant. Nippert Stadium is 115 years old and fits only 40k people, that's where you want to see the best teams playing?

I agree that it's gotten too top heavy, but I do think that it's good for the sport that people can root for the big names and see them routinely have success. I think it's good when you see power teams from different conferences rising up and winning here and there so that it's somewhat dynamic, but I don't think you should aim to get it so a small program like Cincy is suddenly dominant. Nippert Stadium is 115 years old and fits only 40k people, that's where you want to see the best teams playing?
    yep if that's what they got sure... maybe if they keep doing good they will get a larger fanbase and thus a better stadium who knows. Again if not they should just tell the P5 schools bye and form their own league and natty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Utah. Remind me to never trust you again @Lilithvia You had ONE job.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    that was bad given the points scored in the first half vs the 2nd...

Georgia favored in the championship game.

Georgia favored in the championship game.
    LOL wow.... how and what were they smoking to make that call.

I think they're saying that Bryce Young's performance in the SEC Champ was a fluke.

I think they're saying that Bryce Young's performance in the SEC Champ was a fluke.
    that I agree with, and why I think he shouldn't have won the Heisman... but still. Find out on the 10th I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's betting odds, not real life win chance. The 2 often don't correlate.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    PAC 12 looking like the worst conference. I don’t think they won a single bowl game.
    They only played three. And lost to OSU by a field goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, PAC-12 has a 5 year stretch of getting beaten pretty badly in bowl games. As a Notre Dame fan who is familiar with losses in big games, I can tell you that this comes from getting consistently overrated. Although not by much... Utah was clearly a good team this year, and gave OSU all it could handle. But it seems like there's a good reason they consistently get shut out of the CFP - are there any teams that have a legit argument that they were snubbed?
    Not this year, not in the Pac-12. Utah did great against Ohio State (including having a running back defend against the pass).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They only played three. And lost to OSU by a field goal.
    5 actually.

Oregon State vs. Utah State, 13-24

Oregon vs. Oklahoma, 32-47

Arizona State vs. Wisconsin, 13-20

Washington State vs. Central Michigan, 21-24

Utah vs. Ohio State, 45-48

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    5 actually.

Oregon State vs. Utah State, 13-24

Oregon vs. Oklahoma, 32-47

Arizona State vs. Wisconsin, 13-20

Washington State vs. Central Michigan, 21-24

Utah vs. Ohio State, 45-48
    Yikes - that is brutal. The Pac-12 has been pretty low performing the past five years. Comes and goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yikes - that is brutal. The Pac-12 has been pretty low performing the past five years. Comes and goes.
    Conf. Record
    AAC 3–1 (0.750)
    ACC 2–4 (0.333)
    Big 12 4–2 (0.667) - Have 1 Left.
    Big Ten 6–4 (0.600)
    C–USA 3–5 (0.375)
    MAC 3–5 (0.375)
    Mountain West 5–1 (0.833)
    Pac-12 0–5 (0.000)
    SEC 5–6 (0.455) - Have "3 left".
    Sun Belt 3–1 (0.750)
    Independent 2–2 (0.500)

10+ Year Old Account
    Need an LSU win to pull even.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    PAC12 has a lot of structural problems.
    • They lost the most games due to Covid policies in the previous year, which cost a lot of valuable experience.
    • Governors of states containing 8 of the teams had the most stringent gathering restrictions. Which cost a lot of practices and valuable experience.
    • Outside of USC, UO, and maybe UW and UU, most of the chancellors just dont seem to really care about football. UCLA, ASU, CU should also be better programs. Wont be surprised if UCLA loses Kelly being unwilling to issue a new contract.

The West Coast in general gives fewer fucks about football.
    The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSHSA), points to a continuation of the trend of lower high school football participation in PAC12 states. The last 5 years prior to covid:
    California dropped by approximately 3,000 athletes year-over-year and is now down 11.7 percent.
    Arizona declined 11 percent
    Oregon declined 14 percent
    Washington plunged 21 percent

SEC states have a much lower rate of decline. Except for Texas, were high school participation was trending up.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    How the fuck was I supposed to know Micah was going to be playing both ways?

- - - Updated - - -

According to this tweet, Cameron Rising and CJ Stroud had the best QB ratings of bowl season.