Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    People say bfa is alt unfriendly never actually played it. Gearing was so much fun and essences made every spec viable.

All changed up to the sl pre event need to revert and it would be a good design decision

But this is only like : „hey we adapt the crap from the guys that were in charge before us, tadaaa this is content and you have to LIKE IT, NOW“

- - - Updated - - -

And they give You legion timewalking while their recent addon is a catastrophe. So keep wondering why people are sick of this: huh
    love WoWarcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    People say bfa is alt unfriendly never actually played it. Gearing was so much fun and essences made every spec viable.

All changed up to the sl pre event need to revert and it would be a good design decision

But this is only like : „hey we adapt the crap from the guys that were in charge before us, tadaaa this is content and you have to LIKE IT, NOW“
    Ye, it was so much fun farming Blood of the Enemy on your third alt. And when they introduced vendor, farming all that Corruption gear.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, it was so much fun farming Blood of the Enemy on your third alt. And when they introduced vendor, farming all that Corruption gear.
    You had the option to farm several things, Nothing was madnatory. Ifyou don't like differnt paths, if that is too much for you, then this is about You. cheers

- - - Updated - - -

but acting like SL is alt friendly and not grindy is simply a lie. In Bfa everything was for free, even gear.
    love WoWarcraft

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And they give You legion timewalking while their recent addon is a catastrophe. So keep wondering why people are sick of this: huh
    So spreading bullshit that SL is alt unfriendly is not enough, now we're pretending that BfA was alt friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So spreading bullshit that SL is alt unfriendly is not enough, now we're pretending that BfA was alt friendly.
    No need to fake anything, you just could have just played it, instead of defending hypothetis with forum posts on a sub account.

- - - Updated - - -

Best example Look what they did to m+ and tell me again this is so good and alt friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ontop they added ONLY timegate and called it an expansion

- - - Updated - - -

so why people hate it hmmmm
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.

New management is taking over and immediately making positive changes, why is this a bad thing? This is a promising thing for the future.
    I've played more heavily than I would like to admit since TBC and this already was a more alt friendly/new player than other expansions (even more so than Legion and BfA were which seem to be the most similar comparisons to modern wow). Now I do admit I mainly M+ and can gear a toon to 230+ in about a week and already have 4 alts key logging, but as someone that mainly stays off the toxic forums and just enjoys the game I don't see much validation in the complaints besides, possibly, entering pvp as a new/alt player. Is this just an echo chamber for blizz bashing now?
    Because there's precedent for this. The past 2 expansions feel like they've been intentionally designed with core systems broken at launch so that the solutions could be sold as content patches. This isn't a change in philosophy. It's business as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

- - - Updated - - -

tbh, SL is not that alt unfriendly. With the changes in 9.1.5 its even better.

Its been years since having lots of alts was easy to keep up. Back in the day when the game was about leveling-->reach max level-->gear up. Thats literally it. At max level, get gear. End of. Over the years Blizzard has added xpac features for char power, meaning having lots of alts became an issue.

This is more about the overall design direction of wow, instead of just in SL.

BTW - Bfa was the first xpac where I left behind all characters I had besides my main. It was literally hell to play more than 1 character.

Atleast in SL you can have 4(one for each covenant) were you get different mogs, mounts & covenant abilities.

Then its the question on what level you want your alts. Reach level cap and quest casually or go hardcore in mythic raiding? Or something inbetween?

Anyway: I think its a bit unfair to blast Blizzard for these changes coming now. Yes, we know it should have been in since launch. Yes, its late. Yes, we would all be more happy about it if they were quicker on this. But, they are changing it up now. They are adding stuff the players wants. Shit on them for being late, but be glad they actually went through with it.

For the people that quit, whats stopping you from coming back now that these changes are coming to the game? I mean, are you just not going to play a videogame out of spite? If you are, did you even enjoy playing wow when you did?

I dont get it. Its nice changes that will make SL better. In the end, thats a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Because there's precedent for this. The past 2 expansions feel like they've been intentionally designed with core systems broken at launch so that the solutions could be sold as content patches. This isn't a change in philosophy. It's business as usual.
    I dont think so. I understand that it seems that way though, but I think they did these stuff with good intensions. They wanted this to be something good and a signature for the xpacs, but it didnt pan out. Sadly with Blizzard, they have a way of doing the extremes and complicate alot of stuff. Its either all in or nothing with alot of stuff in wow.

But I can understand why they wanted to introduce more to endgame than just obtain gear, like it used to be. I wonder how it would be if Blizzard made the next retail xpac with only leveling to max --> get gear, GG. I think people would me bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Your life clearly revolves around WoW though and you probably play no other games. Most people aren't like that and like to have other game experiences and mmo's aren't about sinking all your waking hours into, not anymore anyway, we're adults most of us now who started playing WoW when we were younger with tons of free time and can't afford to play all the time now.
    Your life decisions aren't the games responsibility. Im an adult with not a lot of time and i have 5 toons 230+ with main 245 and I have a hard time connecting with any of the problems these forums whine about all day, let alone the whining about positive changes coming with the new patch. I sympathize with pvpers complaints, but thats prolly it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Everyone is complaining its some desperate attempt to grab players back that should have been in game from the start. People still flaming blizz and the new systems coming in 9.1.5.
    Because it's too little too late. A lot of the negatives that lead to these changes were highlighted and posted in length during the SL Beta and it was either ignored or dismissed as unfitting of Ian's vision.

this bears all the hallmarks of someone ripping control of WoW away from Ian. I would in no way be surprised to get a statement from Ian in a few months that he's looking for other opportunities and has quit. The writing is on the wall that either he quits or gets sidelined so hard that he'll be the lead game developer in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good thing you are still here in August to tell everyone.

By the way this thread is going...y'all rejoice. I hope Blizzard shuts down the game and it will make all your lives happier. And also MMO-C goes off line and y'all find another place to ejaculate your pitch black hate...oh...sorry..."constructive feedback"
    Theres probably a good case for actually doing reserach about why so many people gotta shit on Blizzard & wow constantly for literally anything. Not even when Blizzard announce good stuff people are happy. its just constantly dumping on the game no matter what.

I dont think Blizzard can announce ANYTHING without getting major shit thrown at them. People will go "OH YEAH sure. Why didnt you do this 3 years ago huhuhu?? SHIT GAME LUL"

10+ Year Old Account
    Connecting these changes to recent events at Blizzard is just another indication of player's desperation for change.

Those two things aren't connected.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if part of the WoW community used this new management to brand negative sentiment towards Blizzard as a sign of bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Think it like they are renting you a car.

The beta
    They have a pictures of the car and they offer you a test drive. You notice that steering is wonky, brakes dont work, seats are dirty and wind shield has a crack. You tell these problems and they promise to fix them. You trust them because they gave you a good deal once.

The 9.0
    The day comes and they deliver the car to your house. Only thing they have done is they have cleaned the seats. You tell them again of the problems you have with the car and they say they will look into it in the future. You still drive a dangerous and crap car.

The 9.1
    The car goes to the rental place mechanic and comes back and they say they fixed the steering. You go for a spin and notice that its bit better but still not as it should be. You give feedback again.

The 9.1.5
    The car goes to the mechanic again and they say they will fix the crack in the wind shield. The steering is still not properly fixed and the brakes are still not working.

You decide to leave the car in the bad part of town with keys in the ignition and buy a bicycle.

The car rental asking why you are no longer renting from them.
    That wasn't at all my experience. I played beta, I played 9.0, I have 5 toons 230+ doing m+ and continue to have a blast. I dont do assaults, I dont do torghast when I don't want, I don't have to do anything in my order hall besides doing shaping fate and 1000 anima once a week, im 10/10hc and am not even the best covenant on all my toons. I'm really confused, maybe you lot should try playing the game instead of echoing fake complaints here all day.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good thing you are still here in August to tell everyone.

By the way this thread is going...y'all rejoice. I hope Blizzard shuts down the game and it will make all your lives happier. And also MMO-C goes off line and y'all find another place to ejaculate your pitch black hate...oh...sorry..."constructive feedback"
    They (and I) are here because their sub ran out...Why exactly are you here? Does posting a comment like that help your ego to feel superior to other players? Are you in denial that you feel same way, so you make these over aggressive posts? If you like the game then why aren't you playing right now instead of being here? If your sub is active, then why not just comment in the official forums, where I'm sure theres dozens of similar threads? Are you happy living a lie pretending you aren't in the same exact boat as everyone here, or are you more miserable that you need to put others down for the temporary relief of knowing someone else is briefly unhappier than you? Happy people don't make comments like that, so you're obviously frustrated with something, so why don't you just tell everyone what you're unhappy with and have a discussion about it so that everyone feels a little better?

You had the option to farm several things, Nothing was madnatory. Ifyou don't like differnt paths, if that is too much for you, then this is about You. cheers

- - - Updated - - -

but acting like SL is alt friendly and not grindy is simply a lie. In Bfa everything was for free, even gear.
    You have the option to farm several things, nothing is mandatory in SL either. You guys are actually nutso. Saying you dont have to farm rank 3 artifacts and best corruptions on alts etc etc is no different than those trying to tell you that you dont need to swap conduits so much you burn all your energy, or play the best covenant, or do any of the things you don't want to. Can literally hit 230+ in a week doing m+ alone, or pvp alone, etc etc. Literally don't have to do anyhting you dont want.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-08-29 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't at all my experience. I played beta, I played 9.0, I have 5 toons 230+ doing m+ and continue to have a blast
    Good for you, but you just have to live with the fact that other people mileage varies.

The frustration and anger at Blizzard is real and reason for it already stated countless times. Does not take a genius to figure that out.

5+ Year Old Account
    In Bfa everything was for free, even gear.
    Probably one of the few redeeming qualities of BfA. In SL, !@#$ doesn't even drop, except from the vault.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The damage of 5 years is not gonna be mended that easily.
    You say it's new management, but it's not. The explanation provided for the changes re-states they think they were right on doing what they did. That reveals they either don't understand the problem or more likely, they have in no way changed their aproach to development and are still arrogant and will do the same thing again next expansion.

One would have to be gullable to think this is anything more than a desperate move to try and salvage the exodus. They are not doing it cause they thought it was the best thing for the game. They did it cause of the money it's costing them. They were forced to do it.

Sure, i am glad about the changes. They are positive.
    But, the goodwill was lost. One patch of fixing year long mistakes and an explanation that misses the point aren't exactly trustworthy. They have had many chances to course correct and they didn't take it. Only when they were forced to. That inspires confidance not at all. We've been through this rodeo enough times to know who ends on the floor.

No need to fake anything, you just could have just played it, instead of defending hypothetis with forum posts on a sub account.

- - - Updated - - -

Best example Look what they did to m+ and tell me again this is so good and alt friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ontop they added ONLY timegate and called it an expansion

- - - Updated - - -

so why people hate it hmmmm
    Tell me how I had 1 KSM last season and didn't play alts, and that in a few weeks this season I have 3 KSM and 5 toons total over 230 ilvl. Seems really alt unfriendly. Yes I have a full time job, yes I have a fiance and kid, yes I go to the gym 5 days a week and even play some LoL too (since you know the "no lifer" is coming). Literally trolling prolly if youre claiming BfA was more alt friendly then stating exact parallels as to why your complaints about SL aren't even real.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-08-29 at 10:50 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its been years since having lots of alts was easy to keep up. Back in the day when the game was about leveling-->reach max level-->gear up. Thats literally it. At max level, get gear. End of. Over the years Blizzard has added xpac features for char power, meaning having lots of alts became an issue.
    But you miss important thing - leveling in SL is not leveling in old WoW. Saying that WoW was alt friendly in "good old days" is complete nonsense. And expacs pre-Legion had their mandatory chores as well - attunements in TBC, legendary questlines in MoP/WoD etc.

Now we have both fast leveling and only fraction of mandatory stuff to do compared to Legion/BfA. When you reach 60, you can be in Korthia and do relevant content 5 minutes later. Everything has clear end, there is 0 "infinite" progression.

Only last two (important) things I find irritating about alts are mandatory campaign (takes 2-3 hours, but still repeating max level campaign is no fun) and smaller issues about 50-60 leveling. 9.1.5 fixes both.