Human Males in-game are extremely objectifying

Given the recent events and changes to in-game paintings, models, etc... I was curious when you guys think Blizzard is going to follow this logic train of theirs and overhaul the male human model to be more reflective of realistic body standards in the real world.

As a human male myself in real life, I find it incredibly offensive that the game is holding me to these unrealistic standards. It is incredibly objectifying and over-sexualized. It almost as if this game isn't even based in reality - but rather FANTASY. I mean... LOOK AT THOSE BICEPS. THOSE QUADS.

PS: Please don't infract me. This is simply to pose the question... where do we draw the line on this slippery slope.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silly goose, Blizzard is only okay in Objectifying women, or keeping them fully covered lest they be denied into heaven for their lack of modesty.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2021-09-16 at 11:40 PM. Reason: English is hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow humans look terrible tho
    Shaved gorillas

If you want male objectifying you have Tychus

Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-09-16 at 11:51 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's be real here, the human male model is one of the least attractive models in the game. I think it could do with a revamp -- not because it's in the least bit "objectifying", but because it's just... bad.

No one gives a shit about human males in game or irl, OP. Can't have a slippery slope when it's already a sheer cliff straight into the abyss.

Yeah, sadly it is only objectifying if you are doing it to females. Though I saw a lovely conversation in Trade and among guild members about many a very angry lesbian. Seems they enjoy the female eye candy as well and are tired of other women ruining their fun. I'm going, to be honest, no joking or trolling. But, the way things are going I don't think anybody is going to end up happy. You have the deranged puritans who want to destroy everything that is sexual. The half-puritans who want one gender covered up but still demand the other gender is there for their oggling. You have the people that are like who cares let us just enjoy things. The people that scream and cry outrage demanding those people to actually 'touch grass' go outside. Real people don't look like that, this next part is trolling sarcasm. They say that real people are flat inverted light bulbs with a perpetually open mouth and lower jaw and lip jutting out. End trolling sarcasm, but yeah I'm not sure how people are going to receive the changes. I am pretty sure they are also going to be changing the succubus model, probably the shivarra as well.

What I am most certain about though is people will continue to point out things they want changed, many of them for a game they don't even play.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

As a man, I have only been sexually harassed a few times. Still fine being objectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    Given the recent events and changes to in-game paintings, models, etc... I was curious when you guys think Blizzard is going to follow this logic train of theirs and overhaul the male human model to be more reflective of realistic body standards in the real world.

As a human male myself in real life, I find it incredibly offensive that the game is holding me to these unrealistic standards. It is incredibly objectifying and over-sexualized. It almost as if this game isn't even based in reality - but rather FANTASY. I mean... LOOK AT THOSE BICEPS. THOSE QUADS.

PS: Please don't infract me. This is simply to pose the question... where do we draw the line on this slippery slope.
    Good thing its a high fantasy video game and not real life then yeah?

I recognize this is a low quality bait thread, but every women i've talked to find the males of every WoW race (bar Blood Elves) to be rather hideous. That's anecdotal, sure, but i can't imagine it not being the general consensus. They really are ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start off great, is doesn't seem to be going anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead