Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I kinda wonder if driving all those college-educated liberals from Texas slowly turning the state purple was the undeclared intent.
    I don't think it will make that much difference to be honest, I am more intrigued on whether Jim Crow laws are enough to offset the amount of republicans they are killing on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    A lawyer's perspective on the Abortion Bill.

In case anyone is interested.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    The acknowledgement that there might be more wisdom in centuries old traditions than there is in under-developed modern day.
    When are we sacrificing a goat for a good harvest? I hear using a firstborn is better.

Slavery is a pretty old tradition too, maybe there's some good things we missed when we abandoned it!

I mean sure this is what they say, but nobody with a functioning brain really buys this line of baloney.

We have after all clearly seen what a technocratic way of dealing with modern technocratic theories and data has brought us in Afghanistan: complete failure of achieving any goals.
    Really? Connect the dots for me. Afghanistan was a stupid response to an egregious terror attack, but I don't see the tech angle here.

A lot of freedom sure, but less and less the ability to make any meaningful use from it as mental illness, wealth inequality and infertility goes through the roof
    Which policies are driving that, again?

whom in many cases are disconnected from the local culture or show an affinity to ideologies such as the Taliban etc.
    Those would be conservatives you're talking about. It's conservatives that have been finding out that they actually kinda really like the Taliban a lot and that they share a lot of common beliefs recently.

It's very simple:

The acknowledgement that there might be more wisdom in centuries old traditions than there is in under-developed modern day ideas.
    We have after all clearly seen what modern technocratic theories and data has brought us in Afghanistan: complete failure of achieving any lasting or meaningful goals. Which seems to sum up the overall performance of liberalism in the long-term too. A lot of freedom sure, but less and less the ability to make any meaningful use from it as mental illness, wealth inequality and infertility goes through the roof and the only way to keep sustaining the system is by importing a sub-class of wage slaves, whom in many cases are disconnected from the local culture or show an affinity to ideologies such as the Taliban etc.

Sometimes the best way forward isn't the one where everything is sunshine and rainbows, but where there is more sacrifice and hardship.
    absolute babbling nonsense aside, this bit at the end is such an encapsulation of internet tough guys pretending they'd ever in a million years give up their comforts. it's hilarious you might actually think you'd ever be in a position to benefit from it.

It's very simple:

The acknowledgement that there might be more wisdom in centuries old traditions than there is in under-developed modern day ideas.
    We have after all clearly seen what modern technocratic theories and data has brought us in Afghanistan:
    The Taliban are conservatives who have centuries old traditions. And those traditions are poisonous. Maybe you should remember that Afghanistan wasn't a paradise before anyone started meddling there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The Taliban are conservatives who have centuries old traditions. And those traditions are poisonous. Maybe you should remember that Afghanistan wasn't a paradise before anyone started meddling there.
    its just like the old saying goes

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times, which create even stronger men, stronger men create even better times, even better times create even weaker men, and even weaker men create even harder times, which create super strong men, oh my god they are so strong please help

You're not really in any position to mock anything when your ideas and ideologies are crumbling apart and unable to achieve any meaningful or lasting goals.
    My ideologies and ideas? What ideas and ideologies? Because honey, I've been protesting the Afghanistan/Iraq war since they were started.

And what does that have to do with the objective truth that sacrificing a goat or a firstborn child will have absolutely no impact on the quality or quantity of a seasonal harvest?

You keep on judging everything through the lens of modern data and modern rational theories and 'reliable totes reliable news sources' ... yet you can't even outperform tribal sheep farmers.
    Why am I remotely responsible for the joke of a sheep breeding venture during the war? I mean, it was fuckin dumb and I said as much as soon as I learned about it.

Do you want to project anything else onto me? Tell me my other beliefs? Tell me what I ate for breakfast this morning? (it was nothing, FYI)

Liberalism.
    That's not a policy. I asked which policies are driving that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very simple:

This is bafflegab that is deliberately intended to avoid talking about their real objectives.

If a traditional viewpoint had more actual merit than a modern one, that position could be argued on its actual merits, without any appeal to "tradition" whatsoever.

Instead, this is just an excuse used to avoid admitting that conservativism is about precisely those "traditional" views from history that cannot be defended on their merits; ideas like enshrining petty bigotries into the law again, to "properly" subjugate and oppress non-whites, women, and anyone not fitting the cishet paradigm. Among others.

Conservatives just know how quickly they'll get rejected and mocked if they come right out and say they hate blacks and women and LGBTQIA types, so use the "tradition" dogwhistle to avoid that. At least, they used to. As we can see in Texas, less so lately.

We have after all clearly seen what modern technocratic theories and data has brought us in Afghanistan: complete failure of achieving any lasting or meaningful goals.
    As opposed to what "traditional" success?

Sure didn't achieve much of note in North Korea; they've remained independent and hostile ever since. The USA lost in Vietnam. Desert Storm was enough of a failure George W. started a new war to finish what his dad started. And it's still not really "fixed".

The USA is bad at nation-building. Their failure in Afghanistan is part of a long line of failures. It isn't something "new".

A lot of freedom sure, but less and less the ability to make any meaningful use from it as mental illness, wealth inequality and infertility goes through the roof and the only way to keep sustaining the system is by importing a sub-class of wage slaves, whom in many cases are disconnected from the local culture or show an affinity to ideologies such as the Taliban etc.
    This is just lying.

Mental health is improving. What you're noticing is that people are actually able to get help, rather than just told to suck it up and cope with their problems, untreated.

Wealth inequality is exploding because of conservative economics, particularly Reaganomics in the USA. Swing and a miss, there. Recall that Trump just lowered taxes for the wealthy during his own term.

Infertility is not "through the roof"; that's just false. People are choosing to have fewer kids, which is not the same thing, and also not a negative in the first place.

Sometimes the best way forward isn't the one where everything is sunshine and rainbows, but where there is more sacrifice and hardship.
    Oops, you slipped and admitted that the entire point of conservativism is to create and foster cruelty and suffering. You just think that's a good thing.

it took about 2 clicks to get from that blog to openly fash stuff lol

lots of antivax stuff too

Liberalism.
    Really you think the left is causing wealth inequality, mental illness, and infertility because sorry to burst your bubble but it is good old conservatives that are causing these problems.

Conservatives are the ones that think giving money to the rich will magically make everyone else richer even though every economist and study has shown it to be absolute bullshit. Money given to the top will be hoarded in off shore tax havens and hurt the GDP while money given to the middle and lower classes will actually grow the GDP because magically they are the ones who actually spends that money for goods and services.

Mental Illness? Conservatives are leading the charge for anti-science and anti-medicine to rile up their ignorant followers. You actually think they care about mental illness when they need it for their base?

Finally infertility? You may want to look into which states have the highest infant and maternal death rates in the country because you might be shocked to learn that they almost all bleed deep red. This might have something to do with their Taliban style crusades to make America into Gilead by closing anything that might sniff of an abortion. Women's health clinics are almost non existent in these states which leave women with little to no free women's health care which is especially important when trying to give birth to a child. God it is almost like Conservatives don't actually give to shits about a fetus and like the vast majority of their policies cruelty is the feature not a bug.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s..._mortality.htm
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ron-Paul-to-BErnie-Sanders-to-QAnon pipeline is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The Ron-Paul-to-BErnie-Sanders-to-QAnon pipeline is real.
    do you have any idea what Bernie Sanders' polices even are??? clearly not if you say nonsense like this.

I'm sure you have some amazing data and totes rational and sound academic theories to back that all up.
    Truth is, I don't care what data or academically proven theories you have, they're worthless and shit and a danger to western society and they will remain that way until they can actually achieve something meaningful beyond imposing new regulations on toilets and rationalizing why we should all own less and be happy about it.
    As opposed to nebulous, vague, unprovable "feels"?

You can wave around your rainbow flags all you want, it's meaningless if you keep ignoring actual real issues in the world people need to suffer through because of your academic worthless shit.
    You mean like discrimination and violence against the LGBTQ+ community, which we're seeing more and more progress on combating? Or is that not a "real" issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you have some amazing data and totes rational and sound academic theories to back that all up.
    Truth is, I don't care what data or academically proven theories you have, they're worthless and shit and a danger to western society.
    "Facts and data are wrong! Believe the unsourced and unprovable claims I make instead!"

You're being ridiculous. At least cult leaders claim some secret source of knowledge or power. You don't even have that, just empty rejection of educating one's self about a subject.

No, it's to avoid the pitfalls of liberalism and the abject failure it has become.
    You haven't pointed to a single failure of "liberalism".

Also, to be clear, you are talking about "modern liberalism", and you're not going to try and mix "classical liberalism" in there as if they're the same thing, right? "Classical liberalism" failed a century ago and I'm not one of the ones who keeps trying to bring it back.

You can wave around your rainbow flags all you want, it's meaningless if you keep ignoring actual real issues in the world people need to suffer through because of your academic worthless shit.
    Literally name one.

The three you mentioned don't qualify. Mental health is improving. Wealth inequality is actively being fought against by liberal types, and was not their creation. And having fewer kids by choice is neither "infertility" nor a "bad thing" at all.

https://www.who.int/health-topics/me...alth#tab=tab_1 to provide a source on the mental health thing.

Truth is, I don't care what data or academically proven theories you have
    At least you are honest about not giving a shit about facts or reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Glad to see my favourite NazBol is back to defending abortion purely to "Own the libs"

It's very simple: The acknowledgement that there might be more wisdom in centuries old traditions than there is in under-developed modern day ideas. .
    Too generalized to mean anything.
    To clarify, this link has meaning; Wisdom is found in our heritage, not our cell phones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Too generalized to mean anything.
    To clarify, this link has meaning; Wisdom is found in our heritage, not our cell phones
    But what if I watch that talk on my cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Glad to see my favourite NazBol is back to defending abortion purely to "Own the libs"
    theo will be feeling left out with this comment

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Infertility is not "through the roof"; that's just false. People are choosing to have fewer kids, which is not the same thing, and also not a negative in the first place.
    Actually there’s some suggestion that infertility is increasing in animals because of global warming.

And what’s the root cause of global warming? Conservative economic policy.