Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    you forgot MOP MONK caused unbalance and shit.
    I saw more monk players in legion with the overtuned state in M+ as DPS and later as 90% passive mitigation tanks as I saw monks in MoP.

One of the funniest / broken stuff was the MDI with a disconnected MONK TANK that could not die with a "MDI sized trash pull" because the 90% passive tank mitigation was to much for the OFFLINE character to die. Took a GM to remove the player to continue the MDI run.

It was really funny and people did not even realize that the player behind the class had zero impact the tuning was just completely gone.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Devs don't like new classes, because they need to support them in a long term and they don't like to "inflate" xpack budget. Their argument is usually "We don't have many unique class mechanics, so from game design point of view we should keep number of classes minimum". Major problem - classes aren't about gameplay and game design only. They're about RP and immersion. Players usually don't care, if classes have unique mechanics or not. They care about imagining something like "I'm Tinker, I control my robots, I have missiles and it's so cool to have dual guns!!! It's so fun and epic!!!". And Blizzards' overdesigned game is boring as hell.
    I guess more people care about DPS/HPS and overall wettbewerbsfähig. I mean when im lookin in forums 9/10 "What should i play/pick/skill" threads are made by people that will never see a Mythic raid or level 11 and higher m+ keys.

Classes are about Gameplay as the same they are about immersion and designe. The Gameplay should be unique, fun and if possible competitive. There are lot Unique/Fun mechanics, that got rid off cause no reason or "its to special". Like Stancedance, Switching Presence as DK, Using certain buff/resistens totems, specific Unholy/Blood/Frost Runes (instead of Deathrunes), MW Monks with Chi & Manatea stacks, buffing paladins bla bla.

All got rid, to streamline classes, doenst matter if it destroyed immersion/gameplay. I wish back Stancedance for my beloved Armswarrior, my Main character since 2009 and the Manatea/Chi Mechanic for MW monks, that were so much fun to play.

I dont care if i perform worse then others, i want FUN gameplay and Classfitting Immersion/Mechanics. And that every spec/class is the same with small tweaks dont help for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Devs don't like new classes, because they need to support them
    Good thing they are getting paid for making them then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will never understand why Blizzard never added Necromancers or Tinkers. They are so obvious to design.
    Plain lazyness.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will never understand why Blizzard never added Necromancers or Tinkers. They are so obvious to design.
    Necro ist pretty clear because that's just Unholy DK. Tinker would have sense however.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I saw more monk players in legion with the overtuned state in M+ as DPS and later as 90% passive mitigation tanks as I saw monks in MoP.

One of the funniest / broken stuff was the MDI with a disconnected MONK TANK that could not die with a "MDI sized trash pull" because the 90% passive tank mitigation was to much for the OFFLINE character to die. Took a GM to remove the player to continue the MDI run.

It was really funny and people did not even realize that the player behind the class had zero impact the tuning was just completely gone.

LOOL That shit is funny that you can never forget this moment XDDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As much as I dislike tinklers and their fans, I don't see the game dying by adding a jank class. That honor belongs to Blizzard underdelivering and trying to fool their audience.
    Ah yes, they're having these nasty secret meetings, talking about how to fool their customers. Intricate ways to trick them with their mysterious ways.

Nah. They're just being dumb. Easy as that.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... By that logic, the Cataclysm expansion also "added a new class" because it, just like TBC, allowed more races to pick certain classes (humans could be hunters, gnomes could be priests, trolls could be druids, night elves could be mages, etc).

Which throws your little 'pattern' off whack.
    yes, ofc you can argument that way. imo playing on alliance side and now have the possibility to play an additional (shaman) class, is more of „new“ class to me, than just a new race/class combination. but ofc, you can argue that way.

but plz, dont act like i acted like i found the holy grail. because i didnt. and its not „my pattern“ or such shit. you sound a bit hillarious, like someone who wanna proof, that some prophet is wrong, when there is not even a prophet at all. sounds a bit silly to me, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    Not really . Cataclysm was fun af. its just toxic wrath newcomers who were crying . it was fun 100% . WOD was going to be the best expansion but blizzard cut almost 60% of the plans , and made the team work on the gay Overwatch . MOP has a class and it was rubbish , almost half playerbase from catacylsm quitted . so i dont know what are you talking about . the way you measure the expansion is bad
    i did no meassuring at all. i just combined the results of „rate xpac“ threads on mmoc. dont kill the messenger…

i personally liked WoD and Cata. i not liked Legion. but its not my opinion here. its just the result of some of the mmoc poll threads.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes, ofc you can argument that way. imo playing on alliance side and now have the possibility to play an additional (shaman) class, is more of „new“ class to me, than just a new race/class combination. but ofc, you can argue that way.

but plz, dont act like i acted like i found the holy grail. because i didnt. and its not „my pattern“ or such shit. you sound a bit hillarious, like someone who wanna proof, that some prophet is wrong, when there is not even a prophet at all. sounds a bit silly to me, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

i did no meassuring at all. i just combined the results of „rate xpac“ threads on mmoc. dont kill the messenger…

i personally liked WoD and Cata. i not liked Legion. but its not my opinion here. its just the result of some of the mmoc poll threads.
    Dont worry friend im just discussing i didnot mean any offense or something , however poll is never an indicator , if you are here since wotlk you will know that MOST people always follow what famous people say . since wotlk and people really dont have their real opinion . its what their favorite streamer or youtuber say. since wotlk if i ask someone why you think wotlk is best expac ? or MOP ? they say , havenot you heard what *Famous person* said ? even now , if you ask they say : Asmongold was blalabla or that youtuber is blabla , thats why i never ever trust those polls because it fools blizzard mostly and fools us

If Blizzard doesn't make a new class, they're "lazy." Yet when asked what players want in a new class, they are given 394,938,384 different opinions on what should be added. And if Blizzard fails to meet exactly the individual expectations of any given player, they're no longer "lazy," they're just "ignoring feedback." I can't blame them for not adding more classes.

Idiots are out in full force this year, if it's not the blizzard sheep that is.

YES that's totally what WoW needs another class to add to the other list of balancing issues. Blizzard can't even balance the 20 dps specs they have now, why the fuck do they need more? So you can complain about it?

I agree, new classes are always the most fun in an expansion. Id rather see more classes and less specs per class. Id also love a reroll system where you can change class and keep progress youve done.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    I can say "your pattern" because, in my 10+ years in this forum, yours was the first and only one I've ever seen that considers the BC expansion as "adding a new class".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I can say "your pattern" because, in my 10+ years in this forum, yours was the first and only one I've ever seen that considers the BC expansion as "adding a new class".
    Plenty of people have pointed that out the significance of breaking exclusivity though. Opening classes on either side has the same effect as adding new classes. Even if the classes themselves weren't new to the game, it was new to the faction and group dynamics. It added gameplay diversity and changed up class compositions. The context is the same effect of what a new class provides to the game - a whole new gameplay experience not just for the player, but for the entire game experience.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-07 at 07:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i think Legion was pretty much crap, just had a lot of fanservice and things to do to hide it.

At this point they simple can't do it something good, DH had all the tools and they barely made 2 specs and did a crap lore focused on just elves, their creative team is just too distant from the warcraft universe. The perfect oportunist to introduce Necromancers and tie their lore, and tDK lore with the shadowlands was completely missed because they are too focused on the Janitor and Sylvanus and their master plot.

What i imagine is, just like they shot their own foot by ditching new races into the crap allied race system, they will do the same for "new classes" you will get an "allied class" that in truth is either just a reskin or, now this is thinking too optimistic, a new spec. Maybe like a "prestige" class that you upgrade your last one, but that is a far shot.

I would like new specs, but it would be a nightmare to balance, as they can't handle the ones we have, so reskins and making the ones we play better would be a the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Well i think Legion was pretty much crap, just had a lot of fanservice and things to do to hide it.
    I'd hate to imagine what you think of BFA and Shadowlands if you thought Legion was crap.

Many moons ago there was a true Necromancer Class in D2. Affectionately known as Zookeepers they enjoyed the distinction of breaking that game. Video cards have great difficulty with large numbers of characters and with the added burden of the AI running the zoo (subject to some general instructions from the player) the game slowed to a crawl. So any modern day Necro class would have to do without the 20-30 undead of that game. The best I can see would be a Necro built similar to the Warlock Demonology spec and that may not satisfy enough folks. As always YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Plenty of people have pointed that out the significance of breaking exclusivity though. Opening classes on either side has the same effect as adding new classes. Even if the classes themselves weren't new to the game, it was new to the faction and group dynamics. It added gameplay diversity and changed up class compositions. The context is the same effect of what a new class provides to the game - a whole new gameplay experience not just for the player, but for the entire game experience.
    But then we're diluting what "adding a new class" means, aren't we? I mean, like I said before: by that logic of "these players who could not play this class now can play it", Cataclysm also "added new classes", as tauren players who would never play a blood elf character can now play paladins, and dwarf players who would never play draenei can now play shamans, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'd hate to imagine what you think of BFA and Shadowlands if you thought Legion was crap.
    Bfa was the worst expansion ever made, in every aspect. Shadowlands is worse than Legion in gameplay, but i think is less garbage in lore

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Ah yes, they're having these nasty secret meetings, talking about how to fool their customers. Intricate ways to trick them with their mysterious ways.

Nah. They're just being dumb. Easy as that.
    Prett sure they don't have secret meetings for those. Last time I checked they don't stream their interal meetings publicly, and after the 3rd major "we listen, but a year later" blunder it's obvious to all but the most desperate sycophants that this madness has method to it. This is done deliberately and in SL it finally blew up in their faces.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.