Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is really funny, is that this fucking clown, actually works for fucking Chinese propagandists the Epoch Times. Trumpers hate Chinese anything, but maybe their food. Which is why the Asian hate crimes have gone up so much since Covid hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If the clowns are going to use that press to say things like "Slave Owners should be the ones to get reparations"...I'm happy to give them all the press they want.

When your opponent is in a hole and digging...why would you want to take away his shovel?
    These people wouldn't exist if getting outraged at every stupid thing they say actually worked

One huge problem with the way political media works is that outrageous statements are give a ton of press but there's never really counter presented. People say the statements are dumb, reprehensible, etc but rarely present counter points. Larry Elder said stupid stuff, ok? Where the person on the other side destroying his statement?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-09-06 at 09:04 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Stop giving clowns free press.
    Elder is the best thing to happen to Newsom. All the GOP crazies have woken up the Democratic voters.

Combined with what we are seeing in TX and FL, and the State's record breaking revenue, there is not much appetite to recall Newsom. If the latest polling numbers from Orange County, Riverside and San Diego County are to be trusted, not even among GOP voters.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sure, it's disgusting, but honestly are we supposed to expect any more from the GOP?

It is funny that Candace Owens is in the habit of calling other people "race hustlers," though. Given her choice of profession.
    Jesus that latest video she did for PragerU is one of the most yikes things they've ever put out and that's saying a lot.

actual white nationalist taking points ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Recall Front-Runner Larry Elder Says He’s a Libertarian and ‘I Don’t Have Horns’

“The biggest challenge in California in general is the intrusiveness of government,” he said. “I believe that a government that governs less governs best.”

Hence his views on the minimum wage (there shouldn’t be one), pregnancy discrimination prohibitions in the workplace (leave it to the market), public welfare programs (it encourages “women to marry the government”), public schools (he prefers school vouchers), state-funded health insurance programs (“you need to have competition”) and recreational drugs (he supports legalization).

Likewise, climate change activists and conservationists are “environmental extremists,” the reformist district attorneys in Los Angeles and San Francisco are “soft on crime” and safety net programs pushed by Democrats represent “an attack on the nuclear family.”

When selecting a judge or justice, he would model his selection on self-described originalists like Clarence Thomas and the late-Antonin Scalia.

And for the state Board of Education? “Somebody who has the same philosophy as the former Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos,” he said.

----

Seems to me we have a couple posters here that reflect the same ideology.
    So beyond legalization(I would add taxation but him being a Libertarian I know he would differ) of drugs, every one of his political points and picks for high level state government positions are all pretty fucking horrendous. Pretty par for the course for why I feel Libertarian philosophies are all pretty fucking horrendous because all of their philosophies at their core are selfish to the extreme. Their philosophical motto is "Fuck you, I got mine" and I find it despicable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a secret contest in the GOP to see who can say the most outrageous shit?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Is there a secret contest in the GOP to see who can say the most outrageous shit?
    The craziest part is trying to win an election in California with that kind of language. Elder probably just scared off most of the moderate GOP supporters in California.

These people wouldn't exist if getting outraged at every stupid thing they say actually worked

One huge problem with the way political media works is that outrageous statements are give a ton of press but there's never really counter presented. People say the statements are dumb, reprehensible, etc but rarely present counter points. Larry Elder said stupid stuff, ok? Where the person on the other side destroying his statement?
    Nobody has to destroy his statement. It destroys itself. The man basically said that "Slave Owners were the Real Victims". Maybe that plays well in Alabama or Mississipi...but in California? Anyone that appealed to was already voting to recall Newsom anyway.

Like I said before: When your opponent is in a hole and digging...why would you want to take away his shovel? Or, to say it another way "Never interupt your enemy when he's making a mistake".

Just Libertarians doing what they do, aka, being absolute pieces of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Nobody has to destroy his statement. It destroys itself. The man basically said that "Slave Owners were the Real Victims". Maybe that plays well in Alabama or Mississipi...but in California? Anyone that appealed to was already voting to recall Newsom anyway.

Like I said before: When your opponent is in a hole and digging...why would you want to take away his shovel? Or, to say it another way "Never interupt your enemy when he's making a mistake".
    If such arguments destroyed themselves then we wouldn't have people like him on TV and in office. Obviously there's enough people out there who buy into his rhetoric because he surely isn't broke.

If such arguments destroyed themselves then we wouldn't have people like him on TV and in office. Obviously there's enough people out there who buy into his rhetoric because he surely isn't broke.
    What do you think there is to be gained by ignoring him? Do you think we live in a world were conservative lunatics don't already have massive platforms to spread their garbage on?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think there is to be gained by ignoring him? Do you think we live in a world were conservative lunatics don't already have massive platforms to spread their garbage on?
    What's gained from outrage without a counter point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Elders has always been a step and fetch.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What's gained from outrage without a counter point?
    "This is the kind of dogshit these people want in public office. Vote accordingly."

Seems pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This is the kind of dogshit these people want in public office. Vote accordingly."

Seems pretty obvious.
    looks up to see who my governor is

Yeah, excepting people to just 'get' that these talking points are bad is why there's a DeSantis in Florida. The GOP would not be a party if the dumb shit they say actually costs elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are TYT and Grift Tubers playing with fire and supporting the whole recall circus?

Leading California Recall Candidate Larry Elder Said Sex Ed Has 'No Role in Schools at All'

Yeah. That's that's the winning issue that will win him the California governorship for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The craziest part is trying to win an election in California with that kind of language. Elder probably just scared off most of the moderate GOP supporters in California.
    The left-wing news feeds I get on Facebook are freaking the fuck out over him, for honestly no reason. I get people need to go out and vote, but this chuckle-head ain't gonna get elected in Cali. The recall is a two-step process. Vote to have the recall, then vote for a replacement (who could still be Newsom). The fact that this nutter leads the Republicans means jack shit. The last Republican to get elected in Cali was the Governator, and (as someone living in Cali at the time) he did a pretty damn good job 'cause his interest was merely in running the state well, not turning the place on it's head, oh, and Gray Davis was very unpopular all around.

Newsom may have his haters on the right, but everyone else seems pretty okay with the guy (as far as I can tell from my current perspective in Wyoming), since Fox News and The Hill and WaPo seem to be the only ones bitching about him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Leading California Recall Candidate Larry Elder Said Sex Ed Has 'No Role in Schools at All'

Yeah. That's that's the winning issue that will win him the California governorship for sure.
    I mean, this is also the guy who wants government out of schools. Typical Libertarian bullshit. It's all about small government and non-interference until you say something they don't like.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They did receive reparations, it was payed in the form of not being hung from a tree like the scum deserved.

Sure, but those people were already going to vote to recall Newsom anyway.