Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They didn't have to remove it in the first place.
    Go ahead and read the chain to see what were actually posting about bud.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Distraction after distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Go ahead and read the chain to see what were actually posting about bud.
    I read it, about the license by GW and everything. There is no way it is a licensing issue, hence why I said they shouldn't have removed it. As a result, there would be no need to think about what there is to gain PR-wise in regards to potential lawsuits.

We’re literally in a thread about it being taken out because it’s a racial slur with people on both sides on rather it is or not.

There would absolutely be backlash for spending lawyer money on defending it.
    Both side sure, people are entitled to their opinions. But a quick look at the thread tell that this isnt exactly a very popular change, and this on a fairly progressive forum of the wow community.
    I'm positive they'd have a lot of support from their players if they fought it. Now it's very possible that Blizz doesnt see things that way, for cultural reasons or other.

But still, all of this is highly hypothetical, as I really dont see any ground for a copyright suit, thus leading me to strongly believe that this is an in-house decision.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stupid desicion done for stupid little "Bad bad racist language, take it away it hurts my feeeehhhhlings" fuckers.

Anyone defending this shit needs to get slaped some intelligence back into their so called brains.

7+ Year Old Account
    I read it, about the license by GW and everything. There is no way it is a licensing issue, hence why I said they shouldn't have removed it. As a result, there would be no need to think about what there is to gain PR-wise in regards to potential lawsuits.
    there's no way it's not a licensing issue, hence why they had to remove it.

such a discussion were having! working in binary sure is great.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Sometimes things change. There's no greater meaning behind the change. There's no narrative. There's no PR damage control. It just changes. It's people on forums who love to fill in narrative gaps where there isn't one necessary. Get woke, go broke. That's what they say! Haha, stupid Blizzard.

there's no way it's not a licensing issue, hence why they had to remove it.

such a discussion were having! working in binary sure is great.
    Giving the way Blizzard is going, there is no way it is a licensing issue.

Quality back and forth indeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Both side sure, people are entitled to their opinions. But a quick look at the thread tell that this isnt exactly a very popular change, and this on a fairly progressive forum of the wow community.
    I'm positive they'd have a lot of support from their players if they fought it. Now it's very possible that Blizz doesnt see things that way, for cultural reasons or other.

But still, all of this is highly hypothetical, as I really dont see any ground for a copyright suit, thus leading me to strongly believe that this is an in-house decision.
    just look at any change in the progressive regard to wow there is never a positive responses at large on here the reaction is to be expected.

there is also just as much grounds to think it's a copyright issue then to think that it's for some progressive reason as game work shop has been all over the place with copy right where blizzard has been making sure to point out every change they make yet haven't said a peep on this and they didn't change any of the bigger racist issues in the game like alot of mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving the way Blizzard is going, there is no way it is a licensing issue.

Quality back and forth indeed.
    giving the way games workshop is going there is no way it is not a licensing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Sometimes things change. There's no greater meaning behind the change. There's no narrative. There's no PR damage control. It just changes. It's people on forums who love to fill in narrative gaps where there isn't one necessary. Get woke, go broke. That's what they say! Haha, stupid Blizzard.
    One doesn't revise old content for no reason. They changed a word that is a racial slur in a high fantasy setting of theirs and only that specific word.

They're not going broke, though their writing is broken for quite a while now. Adding some woke spices on top of their burned dinner is not going to make it look more presentable.

- - - Updated - - -

giving the way games workshop is going there is no way it is not a licensing issue.
    Giving that licensing hasn't been an issue for years and years, there is no way it isn't a Blizzard issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Giving that licensing has never been an issue before, there is no way it isn't a Blizzard issue.
    Given that games workshop has done almost the exact same thing with copyright in the past and have been on a copy right burn for the last 2 or so months there's no way it isn't a games workshop issue.

Really? I remember that being fairly common in WC3 and I feel like it was used by the Arathi WF general, because he's old and still a bit racist.

Just because racism is depicted in the story doesn't mean it's being depicted favorably. That distinction makes all the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    RT.com, the internet's leading source for unbiased reporting... 7 out of 5 Russians agree.
    So, it's false soviet propaganda I take it?

just look at any change in the progressive regard to wow there is never a positive responses at large on here the reaction is to be expected.

there is also just as much grounds to think it's a copyright issue then to think that it's for some progressive reason as game work shop has been all over the place with copy right where blizzard has been making sure to point out every change they make yet haven't said a peep on this and they didn't change any of the bigger racist issues in the game like alot of mop.

- - - Updated - - -
    Again, GW can be "all over the place" all they want, they dont have extra-legal power. Pretty much their entire "copyright streak" was aimed at the use and reproduction of actual official GW merchandise, this has absolutely nothing to do with people using the word greenskin for orcs.

Given that games workshop has done almost the exact same thing with copyright in the past and have been on a copy right burn for the last 2 or so months there's no way it isn't a games workshop issue.
    Given that Blizzard are trying to score social justice points anywhere they can and have done the exact same thing in the past, there's no way it isn't a Blizzard issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, GW can be "all over the place" all they want, they dont have extra-legal power. Pretty much their entire "copyright streak" was aimed at the use and reproduction of actual official GW merchandise, this has absolutely nothing to do with people using the word greenskin for orcs.
    They don’t have to have the actual legal power to pretend they do just like they did with space marines.

Fan animations also aren’t merchandise and product reviews obviously aren’t reproduction of there stuff either. If you have no clue what there actually doing why pretend like you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    So, it's false soviet propaganda I take it?
    RT.com exists to troll. That's its only function. I'm sad to see so many people (who should know better) falling for it here. Ignore it, and move on. Don't feed the trolls.

Pretty much this; the unlicensed replication of their merchandise has become increasingly widespread, which isn't surprising considering the amount of money that's in it. It is to be expected that they clamp down on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    RT.com exists to troll. That's its only function. I'm sad to see so many people (who should know better) falling for it here. Ignore it, and move on. Don't feed the trolls.
    The question isn't about who posted the news, but whether the news are correct or not.

One doesn't revise old content for no reason.
    Oh good. With this level of certainty, you must work at Blizzard and have insider knowledge. Thanks for breaking your NDA and sharing it with the rest of us here.

They don’t have to have the actual legal power to pretend they do just like they did with space marines.

Fan animations also aren’t merchandise and product reviews obviously aren’t reproduction of there stuff either. If you have no clue what there actually doing why pretend like you do?
    Cool. Pretending aint worth shit tho.

Fan animations aren't merchandise. No shit sherlock, but what about fan animation featuring official merchandise ? What about product reviews featuring official merchandise ?

Your post isnt anywhere smart enough to give you enough leverage to tell me I dont know what the fuck is going on. Try again.