Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Considering almost none of them made an effort to stop Sylvanas whatsoever in BFA outside of Baine and Saurfang's failed rebellion...

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Considering almost none of them made an effort to stop Sylvanas whatsoever in BFA outside of Baine and Saurfang's failed rebellion...

Yes.
    Well - Baine later opposed Sylvanas. What I do not understand is why most of the tauren for example supported Sylvanas, Baine even helped her recruit the Highmountain into the Horde. The blood elves, too, should have been divided over the Burning of Teldrassil; I am sure that there were plenty of those moderates like Lor'themar and Halduron who oppose unnecessarily aggression (especially as Sylvanas' actions destroyed the Undercity and left Silvermoon, as the last bastion of Horde power in the Eastern Kingdoms, vulnerable to Alliance attack), or like Valeera Sanguinar, who befriended Broll Bearmantle.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Rather than bad writing?

Blizzard made the "Leaders" cartoonishly bad, so much so It gave them the excuse to make a Horde COUNCIL...of democratically elected representatives something something imagine that monty python scene with the peasent and king Arthur talking about whose castle Is that...Instead of just working what a Warchief really IS.

Meanwhile, Stormwind still has a Heredetory Monarchy where a literal 17 year old child took over leadership of not Stormwind but the ENTIRITY of the Alliance as High King, which is apparently also Heredetory and nobody in the Alliance seemed to care about that fact?
    While I overall agree with your post, I want to point out that there is nothing democratic about the bunch of Anduin cheerleaders new Horde council. As far as I know, there have never been any kind of elections in any Horde nation. Thrall is a messianic leader, Baine inherited his office from his dad, as have Talanji and Mayla. Voss/Calia have never been elected, nor have Gazlowe, Rokhan or Gey'arah. The only leaders with at least a semblance of actual support from their respective people are Thalyssra and Kiro - and that's quite a stretch already.

In other words, the sad excuse at a leadership body that is the Horde council doesn't have even a trace of democracy. At best, it's an oligarchy, which is really no better than the Horde's traditional military dictatorship, as marketable (from the writers' PoV) as it is bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I overall agree with your post, I want to point out that there is nothing democratic about the bunch of Anduin cheerleaders new Horde council. As far as I know, there have never been any kind of elections in any Horde nation. Thrall is a messianic leader, Baine inherited his office from his dad, as have Talanji and Mayla. Voss/Calia have never been elected, nor have Gazlowe, Rokhan or Gey'arah. The only leaders with at least a semblance of actual support from their respective people are Thalyssra and Kiro - and that's quite a stretch already.

In other words, the sad excuse at a leadership body that is the Horde council doesn't have even a trace of democracy. At best, it's an oligarchy, which is really no better than the Horde's traditional military dictatorship, as marketable (from the writers' PoV) as it is bland.
    if it was elected would be less awful, horde leadership is in the shit for a while, they do not work on the chieftains and other leaders, they just use what is there at the moment and have name.

Trolls and orcs stayed without leader for years, just later they put saurfang, to remove him in a few weeks , now they just say is Rokhan and Thrall, ignoring completely the inner affairs of orcs and trolls and how they would deal with things.

thats why we can't have a consistent and good lore that involves factions, writers know shit about then, they are without a soul