Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    disney > bobby

The only thing I could expect out of a Disney Blizzard is the possibility of new Warcraft movies or even its own show. With the bad rep Blizzard has been receiving they would be better off making their own studio.

I don't know if it will be sold in Disney, but atm it is nothing special of a company, it only holds some huge IPs as Lucas Arts did. Imagine having an IP as Startcraft and you simply don't do anything with it, their indeference is amazing.

I don't know how attractive Blizzard's IPs for being bought up are anymore. They were worth billions in the 2000s, but today?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't know how attractive Blizzard's IPs for being bought up are anymore. They were worth billions in the 2000s, but today?
    Microsoft is always an option

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Um..do you know who owns Marvel? >.>

That said, wouldn't surprise me if Disney did buy them out, but with everything going on right now, I doubt they want anything to do with them.
    Also, Disney quit the games industry several years ago. They prefer to license out the rights to their IPs rather than making games in house now.

That would be more realistic if Microsoft would be considering buying Activision Blizzard IPs. But hard to say if that would be Blizzard ones or CoD. But for Disney, I don't think so.

I love how the anti-China rhetoric doesn’t even require explanations by the conspiracy theorists anymore. They just say ‘China’.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I love how the anti-China rhetoric doesn’t even require explanations by the conspiracy theorists anymore. They just say ‘China’.
    the laziness of the fearmongering makes it quite laughable.

Well, before the latest Activision problems blew up some saw a different buyer.

Specifically Netflix buying Activision-Blizzard (not merely Blizzard), since both videos and games are competing for eye-balls:
    https://www.economist.com/business/2...tflix-season-3

Activision can't sell Blizzard, because they don't own them. The whole premise of this thread is wrong, not to mention all the conclusions are laughable at best.

kinda feel blizzards IP is just to small for disney to care.

blizzard is billion dollar company, disney is near 3 digit billlion company.

remember how blizz didn't care about war3 reforged cause it wasn't going to make the big bucks? yeah that's how disney sees the entire warcraft IP.

If it means we get Donald Duck for HotS then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    because disney is going to want to buy a game about shooting people, a game about discrimination and warring factions, a game about demons bathing in the blood of innocents, and a game about an alien species who brutally murders everything in sight so they can evolve.

me thinks no. even marvel can't get away with what blizzards biggest IPs do.
    Disney has subsidiaries. For example, Princess Mononoke was too violent to fit with Disney's image, so they released it under Miramax Films (owned by Disney) and without the Disney branding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    kinda feel blizzards IP is just to small for disney to care.

blizzard is billion dollar company, disney is near 3 digit billlion company.

remember how blizz didn't care about war3 reforged cause it wasn't going to make the big bucks? yeah that's how disney sees the entire warcraft IP.
    Buying smaller IPs can make sense. Disney still hasn't made a profit off of their Star Wars acquisition yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    If it means we get Donald Duck for HotS then I'm all for it.
    He'll be a healer but won't heal you and just auto attack the enemy.

Disney wouldn't touch WoW with a bargepole.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Buying smaller IPs can make sense. Disney still hasn't made a profit off of their Star Wars acquisition yet.
    i'd sooner think they would buy a name-brand game studio to have them work on MCU or star wars games, and put w/e IP came with that studio on ice.

in that regard blizz might be interesting right now since i'm guessing with the current drama the price to buy is lower than a few years ago, wait and see for a while and once they start to recover swoop in.

I'm wondering why Blizzard....Disney already has a working relationship with Square Enix, EA and have a lot of properties under Capcom...shit more likely to buy Sony just to get their grubby hands on Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I'm wondering why Blizzard....Disney already has a working relationship with Square Enix, EA and have a lot of properties under Capcom...shit more likely to buy Sony just to get their grubby hands on Spiderman
    I don't think sony is ever letting go of sony (productions) and disney certainly won't buy their tech division.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You think Disney would buy this trainwreck right now? Maybe before the lawsuit, but now? Blizzard is a sh*tshow at the moment.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again