Revisiting my rogue

Hi,

I've recently picked up my rogue I haven't played since 2007, and I feel stuck between either Assassination or Subtlety after Combat's revamp to Outlaw. First problem that affected me, believe me or not, was the constant swooshing saber sounds which become very irritating after few minutes of combat. Second is the weird generation of combo points which you can't predict without WeakAuras because of Roll the Bones. The forced class fantasy of pirate doesn't appeal to me either with these hidden gadgets in guns and magical dices. There are too many buttons to push with too little direct feedback on my screen, if this makes sense.

I'd like to hear what other rogues think about this matter, if you've played Outlaw less frequently than you used to play Combat and which of the two you prefer.

Another thing I'd like to give feedback on directly to Blizzard is classic transmogs. Helmets from classic until approximately WotLK are super weirdly stretched and enlarged, as well as many shoulders being a lot smaller than on classic. I've attached an example below with classic on left and retail right:

https:// imgur com / hYNYSYj
    Last edited by fazaim; 2022-02-16 at 05:42 PM.

I think I actually like outlaw because of the way it plays (different buffs give different priority to finishers) and with killing spree it feels pretty fun to me. That said, I also don't care for the pirate theme at all.

I bet some people do, though.

Subtlety is the coolest imo with the constant in and out of shadow theme

i play assass and i dont feel ok with how low damage i do on pvp and how squishy i am btw just came back.

Quote Originally Posted by lexrg View Post
    i play assass and i dont feel ok with how low damage i do on pvp and how squishy i am btw just came back.
    We can one shot in a Kidney as Necro and Night Fae. Maybe it's a rotation problem?

i think is gear i dont have any legendary and im on blue pvp gear on lvl 5

Quote Originally Posted by lexrg View Post
    i think is gear i dont have any legendary and im on blue pvp gear on lvl 5
    Lol.

In all seriousness, until you get to 240 PvP ilvl, you won't do much against anyone. There's a few outliers, like Demo locks, but pretty much every class will feel weak otherwise.

I haven't touched Combat I mean outlaw since the whole roll the bones and pistol shots, hard no from me, that's just not what rogues are to me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sub is the most 'rogue' class.
    Outlaw is supposed to feel less like a rogue, more toe-to-toe swashbuckler style.
    Ass is supposed to be a deadly poisoner, except poison damage is so low that most self-heals can keep target up.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.