Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Do note that without Wowhead singling out every censorship change for clickbait, we wouldn't know these changes happened in the first place. Blizzard isn't advertising these changes: they're going scorched earth and don't care about the reaction.
    i haven't ever used most or any of those emotes, i'm guessing you're the complete opposite of me and use them regularly in that this really hurt your experience?

As a Veteran WoW player, on and off throughout the years,

I always wanted them to unite the sides, playerbases, like EverQuest.

Was rather annoyed at the Public Relations excuses to never allow Alliance and Horde to play together "I-i-it would be a too hostile enviroment!"

Because no PVP video game, ever, EVER, in the history, had communication proving that to be bull?

I also hoped Blizz would get rid of the bots. Be it that, they're HQ, they see the bots come in, playing 24/7, pushing the gold.

But after 10+ years, Blizz still says the same lie "We're working on it. Wait 10 more years?"

The politically correct crap is just meh. Trending BS that doesn't last the week or month.

Blowing Hodir's Horn is now Hodir's Call.
    Mounting Hodir's Helm is now Placing Hodir's Helm.
    Raising Hodir's Spear is now Forging Hodir's Spear.
    Thrusting Hodir's Spear is now How to Slay Your Dragon.
    Polishing the Helm is now A Viscious Cleaning.
    Jormuttar is Soo Fat... is now Culling Jorcuttar.

Opening the Backdoor is now Cell Block Tango.
    Going Bearback is now Bearly Hanging On.
    Got Wood? is now Got Lumber?
    Just the Tip is now A Strange Disc.
    Nothin' Says Lovin' Like a Big Stinger is now The Respect of Another.
    Premature Explosionation is now Exploding Through.
    Patrice Lancaster Sends Word is now The Chief Surgeon.
    Meet With Avaros Dawnglaive is now Follow the Sun.
    Camel Tow is now Camelraderie.
    A Case of Crabs is now Crate of Crab Meat.

Sister of Pleasure is now Priestess of Delight.
    Sister of Pain is now Priestess of Torment.
    Priestess of Delight is now Mistress of Woe.
    Priestess of Dementia is now Mistress of Torment.
    Temple Concubine is now the gender neutral Temple Acolyte.
    Charming Courtesan is now the gender netural Charming Patron.

Damsel by the Shore is now Dweller by the Shore.
    Damsel in the Cliffs is now Dweller in the Cliffs.
    Damsel of the North is now Dweller of the North.
    Spanks is now Nanners.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/referen...arcraft-324389

Fucking lol...
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-10-01 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Fucking lol...
    To think that this is just the start.

What do you think 9.2 will bring with it? 9.2.5? 10.0? My sides.

I think it's pretty well known that the LBTQ(sorry if I'm missing letters, I don't know which ones they added in the last year)-community has a pretty big presence in FFXIV. I think that the WoW devs in their delusions belueve that these changes will attract some of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's not pretend that Blizzard's development offices in Anaheim are full of conservative-leaning employees. It's not and the lawsuit was the perfect opportunity and justification to push to address a lot of things that needed to be looked at. Most of the things changed are minor and were juvenile insertions into the game that were never necessary and served no special purpose. Blizzard would probably do better going forward to take a more adult approach to the grace notes of the game as well as never doing CSI: Miami and Indiana Jones parodies ever again. It is quite true that the changes are largely performative and virtue-signaling. Being virtuous is not a bad thing. It's better than cheering for corruption, malevolence, and immorality.

That said, the past week or so of forum watching has been amazing to see people trying to turning anthills like changes of words into some sort of Mount Everest that's going to fall down on Blizzard HQ and crush it. That's a joke and is a sort of reverse virtue-signaling that says more about the poster than the company.

And for those that say no one asked for this: It's Blizzard's game. They can do what they want and I'm quite certain if I read some developer twitter accounts correctly that they have been asking for some of this for a long time. If jumping ship because you're not on-board with some changes and signs that Blizzard is aware of and responding to issues that circle around inclusion then jump. People that veer normally toward exclusion while bellowing about how MMO's are for social group play are just being hypocrites anyway.
    I have nothing against inclusion. What I have a problem with is the censoring of female sexuality. They're essentially saying that the sexual assault that took place at their work place was the women's fault for not covering themselves up.

It's incredibly offensive and a big fuck you to female empowerment. Sexual assault is NEVER the fault of the victim and you have to be fucking mental to believe that it is.

And what the hell does all this have to do with a video game anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I have nothing against inclusion. What I have a problem with is the censoring of female sexuality. They're essentially saying that the sexual assault that took place at their work place was the women's fault for not covering themselves up. It's incredibly offensive and a big fuck you to female empowerment. Sexual assault is NEVER the fault of the victim and you have to be fucking mental to believe that it is.
    What? Changing things to show less skin is equal to saying women are at fault for sexual assault? The amusing part is by attacking Blizzard you are essentially saying the only way a women can be sexy is by showing skin. Female sexuality is not being censored in WoW any more then the rest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    My stance is pretty consistent on the whole thing they do - it's overly silly, but it also does not matter really. So like, whatever.

Ultimately, what I want from them is good raiding content with less mandatory minigame grinds BS and solid next expansion with solid storytelling. They can go woke, virtue signaling content up to the heaven for all I care, as long as the game does not suck.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-10-02 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Damsel by the Shore is now Dweller by the Shore.
    Damsel in the Cliffs is now Dweller in the Cliffs.
    Damsel of the North is now Dweller of the North.
    Of all those changes, this really takes the cake.

The entire Maxmillian of Northshire chain is parody of knightly vows, their obsession to go on a quest to save damsels in distress, it points out how much of a fucking idiot he is.
    None of those "Damsels" even needed saving.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-02 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You clearly haven’t gone very far seeing as you still hang around the forums for a “dead game” to brag about how you left (even though you obviously didn’t) and to try and drag others down with you as if they shouldn’t be allowed to enjoy something that you dislike.
    typical braindead response because you have no real input
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Wirt’s Third Leg bites the dust…lmao. I’m pretty sure the icon/model was just a normal mace. That change alone shows how asinine these people are and if they even are aware of the reference to their own ips, yikes to the max…

I’m fine with not being the target audience anymore. I just stop paying for the thing that doesn’t appeal to my sensibilities anymore and spend my time doing something else. Believe me, it really is that easy. I love wow, it’s just not for me anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Wirt’s Third Leg bites the dust…lmao. I’m pretty sure the icon/model was just a normal mace. That change alone shows how asinine these people are and if they even are aware of the reference to their own ips, yikes to the max…
    Pretty sure they know the reference to their own IP. They don't need to keep it and they have referenced it in BfA so the game still talks about Writ and his leg. It just won't have innuendo anymore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    My stance is pretty consistent on the whole thing they do - it's overly silly, but it also does not matter really. So like, whatever.

Ultimately, what I want from them is good raiding content with less mandatory minigame grinds BS and solid next expansion with solid storytelling. They can go woke, virtue signaling content up to the heaven for all I care, as long as the game does not suck.
    100%. Of all the things Blizzard have done to WoW in the past few years, I'd rank removing some emotes & changing in-game paintings to fruit damn near the bottom of the list - I just want them to make the game good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Of all those changes, this really takes the cake.

The entire Maxmillian of Northshire chain is parody of knightly vows, their obsession to go on a quest to save damsels in distress, it points out how much of a fucking he is.
    None of those "Damsels" even need saving.

Thats one of the cases where you realize once more that the people working there simply don't know their own product and don't bother checking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    100%. Of all the things Blizzard have done to WoW in the past few years, I'd rank removing some emotes & changing in-game paintings to fruit damn near the bottom of the list - I just want them to make the game good.

I get this, but is actively making the game worse without any reason.
    We are not a backwards 1930s society where sexuality needs to be repressed, when factually for most of the worlds population their whole live resolves around nothing else.

Oh no, you don't get to conjure up a group of people to project your personal issues. Speak for yourself.

Things like inclusiveness are good things. WoW can use less toxicity.
    Are you really overeacting to things like paintings no one ever looked at or do you actually have legitimate criticisms i can get behind?

I don't care if they change names and paintings if they want to. It doesn't affect me in any way and if it removes what could be a normalization of objectification, it is also for the best.

This is a cliché, but check your privilige.

The only way they are telling me to go away is by creating a frustrating and unrewarding game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-10-02 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    I’m fine with not being the target audience anymore. I just stop paying for the thing that doesn’t appeal to my sensibilities anymore and spend my time doing something else. Believe me, it really is that easy. I love wow, it’s just not for me anymore.
    The thing is though, you ARE the audience.

They are chasing some non-existent market that doesn't give two shits about wow for clout.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I get this, but is actively making the game worse without any reason.
    We are not a backwards 1930s society where sexuality needs to be repressed, when factually for most of the worlds population their whole live resolves around nothing else.
    I've said it before (though I can't remember whether it was in a Discord server or on the forum) that I'd rather see them add to the game more things like the Incubus glyph so the juvenile stuff isn't all just aimed at one crowd but many, but Blizzard going (mostly) in the other direction doesn't really have much of an affect on the game for someone like myself anyway, so eh, whatever. Doesn't matter what language Blizzard use or what humour they decide is too risque - the writing is always going to be shit, so just make the game good

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh no, you don't get to conjure up a group of people to project your personal issues. Speak for yourself.

Things like inclusiveness are good things. WoW can use less toxicity.
    Are you really overeacting to things like paintings no one ever looked at or do you actually have legitimate criticisms i can get behind?

I don't care if they change names and paintings if they want to. It doesn't affect me in any way and if it removes what could be a normalization of objectification, it is also for the best.

This is a cliché, but check your privilige.

The only way they are telling me to go away is by creating a frustrating and unrewarding game.
    Show me who is or was offended by any of these things being in the game

Give me one fucking example of a legitimate gripe.

I don't anyone who thinks that way, at all. I've played the game on/off since release. I play it when it has content I enjoy, I stop playing it when it doesn't. There are an insanely huge amount of options out there for folks to spend their time on. I cannot process the logic in the need to bash a game you don't like, and demand change for an opinion that you have, that almost no one else shares. You're not special, you're a child.

IMO, MMO-C just needs to make a new section of forums where posters like these( the OP ), and let them post their thoughts, vent them out, and disable comments. The OP clearly has zero interest in anyone's opinion other than his own. If he/she/it, needs a safe space to cry, let them have one.

A few posters here offered good insight into why he is incorrect, and like a typical closed-minded person, refutes them without any real reason why. " Just because "