Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    No, it was on the front page of Yahoo news.
    Well, again, google trends disagrees with you. This was a California/Hawaii story, with only light, scattered interest elsewhere.

Also, I guess I can't be surprised that you failed to respond to the post that proved you wrong the other day. The embarrassment must be killing you.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, again, google trends disagrees with you. This was a California/Hawaii story, with only light, scattered interest elsewhere.

Well, I am Californian so that explains it. As far as I'm concerned if Yahoo news pushes the story it's news of national interest.

Also, I guess I can't be surprised that you failed to respond to the post that proved you wrong the other day. The embarrassment must be killing you.
    Which specifically? That NewsNation had a video on it? I've never heard of them, are they supposed to be a national news network? You'll see the the big networks, Fox, CNN, etc. don't pick up the story until the 15th for Fox, the 16th for CNN, and CBS's national network from what I can see in their video uploads.

I am worried about your obsession with continuing making this a race issue, even after mod intervened. Truly, not a thread without it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am worried about your obsession with continuing making this a race issue, even after mod intervened. Truly, not a thread without it...
    I mean, it's just factual that missing and murdered White Woman get more coverage than any other missing or murdered person. That's why everyone knows the name "Gabby Petito"...but you'll find people are considerably less aware of "Jelani Day"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missin...woman_syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I mean, it's just factual that missing and murdered White Woman get more coverage than any other missing or murdered person. That's why everyone knows the name "Gabby Petito"...but you'll find people are considerably less aware of "Jelani Day"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missin...woman_syndrome
    And trying to turn this into the main topic instead of her death makes this an obsession and one of the reasons USA can't heal. I am surprised this thread is still in general OT, not Politics.
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And trying to turn this into the main topic instead of her death makes this an obsession and one of the reasons USA can't heal. I am surprised this thread is still in general OT, not Politics.
    You're not going to heal the problems of the United States by pretending they don't exist. All that does is exacerbate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You're not going to heal the problems of the United States by pretending they don't exist. All that does is exacerbate them.
    So does turning every thread into "discussion" about them, no matter how distant the connection.
    Take that haters.

It’s confirmed he killed himself with a gunshot to the head, which explains why he decayed so fast. I guess that means he showed remorse, or knew he’d be found and didn’t want to live for 60+ years in prison. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It’s confirmed he killed himself with a gunshot to the head, which explains why he decayed so fast. I guess that means he showed remorse, or knew he’d be found and didn’t want to live for 60+ years in prison. Or both.
    As expected.

They often love to off themselves... Look at the mass shooters, for example. While this might sound strange and counterintuitive I would say they are weaklings. Sure, putting a gun to your head is not easy. But running away from getting judged and punished from your actions is.
    Take that haters.

Honestly I feel these things are filler stories. Slow news cycle.. see one of these cases you can spin to a reality crime mystery live on the air, run with it for a couple weeks, and............ something else came up so we will back burner this and if it goes crazy we can pull it up front again. If it goes cold just dump it.

I am curious as to motive. Sure, we can simply label him "crazy" but there had to a reason for it. He had a fiance and a future and simply threw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Did they do a DNA test to be sure?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Did they do a DNA test to be sure?
    I’m assuming so, his family’s lawyer is the one that said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Case officially closed.

CNN: FBI: Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito's death
    Before taking his own life, Brian Laundrie wrote in a notebook he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death, according to the FBI.

"A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death," the FBI's Denver Field Office said in a statement released Friday.

"All logical investigative steps have been concluded in this case," FBI Denver Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils