Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The lack of self awareness is so palpable i can build a rocket and fly to another galaxy with it
    Do you actually know what the word "reactionary" means, or was this that just another "I know you are, but what am I?" attempt? (I'll give you a hint: it does not mean someone who finds all of this performative outrage over a few removed lines alternately entertaining and tedious.)
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 10:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Do you actually know what the word "reactionary" means, or was this just another "I know you are, but what am I?" attempt? (I'll give you a hint: it does not mean someone who finds your overreaction alternately entertaining and tedious.)
    You are chastising somebody using a buzzword to reduce people to a caricature while doing that yourself. Like, lol.

You are chastising somebody using a buzzword to reduce people to a caricature while doing that yourself. Like, lol.
    In other words: it was an "I know you are, but what am I?" attempt, set off by little-to-nothing more than the fact that you felt attacked. Gotcha.

So...are you going to actually bring your A-game argument, or is that an example of your A-game? Because we're all beginning to suspect that it's the latter.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 10:12 PM.

Wow; it took you that long to come up with an "I know you are, but what am I?" retort?

Yes, you were wrong (although I'm sure admitting as much was far more of a novel experience for you). Again: the only "crying," by any definition that would make any rational sense, has come from the people making a federal case out of a few removed lines. But good to know that your personal definition of "crying" now includes "hurting your feelings" (oh, the irony) as well as "disagreeing with you."

I didn't say that. However: redefining "woke" to mean "uppity and also a snowflake" is more accurately described as "weaponizing a word which was meant to refer to a specific experience and perspective as a silencing tactic against its creators." (And getting literally everything about it outrageously wrong, in the bargain.)
    Lol. Took me that long? Am I supposed to constantly refresh the webpage and just watch a thread 24/7? Also me calling you out on not understanding the definitions of the words you use isn't " I know you are, but what am I". But considering how you fail to comprehend what you write and continually have to change your "defenses" I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you are trolling.

And I wasn't wrong with my definition of crying. It's just that you are crying and throwing a trantrum far more than any other person in the thread that it makes the "original crying" look like the person stubbed their toe and sniffled a little bit compared to to your bawling. Don't worry I'll stop responding to you so you can feel that you have won and calm down a bit. Have a good day.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other words: it was an "I know you are, but what am I?" attempt. Gotcha.

So...are you going to actually bring your A-game argument, or is that an example of your A-game? Because we're all beginning to suspect that it's the latter.
    I love when you guys gloss over your own hypocrisy that gets called out and expect me to keep making my arguments when it's clear you just want to be right at any costs.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Lol. Took me that long? Am I supposed to constantly refresh the webpage and just watch a thread 24/7? Also me calling you out on not understanding the definitions of the words you use isn't " I know you are, but what am I". But considering how you fail to comprehend what you write and continually have to change your "defenses" I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you are trolling.

And I wasn't wrong with my definition of crying. It's just that you are crying and throwing a trantrum far more than any other person in the thread that it makes the "original crying" look like the person stubbed their toe and sniffled a little bit compared to to your bawling. Don't worry I'll stop responding to you so you can feel that you have won and calm down a bit. Have a good day.
    I think that poster sees conversations as a sort of competition in which they have to win at being the most acerbic and needlessly argumentative - talk of 'bringing A game' and so on, lol - with lots of italics to really emphasise how much they are trying to win. I wonder if they think anyone is impressed.

I love when you guys gloss over your own hypocrisy that gets called out and expect me to keep making my arguments when it's clear you just want to be right at any costs.
    "Hypocrisy" is also a real word with a specific meaning, and "I know you are, but what am I?" ain't it. And, again: do you have any actual arguments, or is this your A-game?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think that poster sees conversations as a sort of competition in which they have to win at being the most acerbic and needlessly argumentative - talk of 'bringing A game' and so on, lol - with lots of italics to really emphasise how much they are trying to win.
    Wrong on every count; but funny how actually arguing is "needlessly argumentative," but the sort of reflexive lashing out that you and Keysmash and the rest of the outrage brigade substitute for such somehow isn't.

And...wow. It was pretty obvious that I'd hurt your feelings, but I didn't know text formatting contributed to that. What a tender little blossom you are...but, then again, that was also already pretty obvious.

I wonder if they think anyone is impressed.
    No; I only care about impressing people I respect. And, to be honest: being at least adjacent to the outrage brigade over PTR changes would have kind of ruled you out in that regard even if you hadn't lashed out over being disagreed with on that.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 10:34 PM.

You know ironically those same feminists dehumanize half the country. You also have no evidence that they weren't censored for that reason, but considering the landscape of modern western media where i believe my theory holds a lot more water than you want to admit. Which anyway, a couple of uncomfortable women don't mean much when most of us never cared, yes. If you don't like something, don't watch it.
    You're free to believe whatever headcanon you want. But from my vantage point it seems like you're generalizing any progressive societal movement as "feminism" and using that incorrect characterization to handwave the actual purpose of the changes Blizzard has made to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Hypocrisy" is also a real word with a specific meaning, and "I know you are, but what am I?" ain't it. And, again: do you have any actual arguments, or is this your A-game?
    "I will call you a buzzword while chastising you for using them is NOT hypocrisy." lol said the scorpion. Lmao

I think this thread is quite funny, we have 2 males attacking 2 females, because we are not feminist enough.

Also preformative outrage? I beg to differ, the outrage comes mainly from 3 sources

1. Blizzard has not put out any content in ages, and the next raid patch looks to be far away, during that time they roll this stuff out, if it was in the middle of a content high, the outrage would be far less, right now they are throwing sparks at a pile of dry twigs.

2. There is a sense of worry that what happened to other franchises will happen to wow, look at the recent netflix Heman thing, Heman is not even in it, ghostbusters 2018, and a heap of others.

3. My main worry, we are moving to an ever more incongruent fantasy world, where some acts are extremely cruel and humiliating, while at the same time not even being able to deal with some immature humor. Garrosh can establish an empire, built for only the "right" race while genocide is onging, bones of their mass slaughtered enemy used to pave a road, but he can't say bitch because that's just taking it too far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You're free to believe whatever headcanon you want. But from my vantage point it seems like you're generalizing any progressive societal movement as "feminism" and using that incorrect characterization to handwave the actual purpose of the changes Blizzard has made to the game.
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary besides a random youtuber you linked 100 pages ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I think this thread is quite funny, we have 2 males attacking 2 females, because we are not feminist enough.

Also preformative outrage? I beg to differ, the outrage comes mainly from 3 sources

1. Blizzard has not put out any content in ages, and the next raid patch looks to be far away, during that time they roll this stuff out, if it was in the middle of a content high, the outrage would be far less, right now they are throwing sparks at a pile of dry twigs.

2. There is a sense of worry that what happened to other franchises will happen to wow, look at the recent netflix Heman thing, Heman is not even in it, ghostbusters 2018, and a heap of others.

3. My main worry, we are moving to an ever more incongruent fantasy world, where some acts are extremely cruel and humiliating, while at the same time not even being able to deal with some immature humor. Garrosh can establish an empire, built for only the "right" race while genocide is onging, bones of their mass slaughtered enemy used to pave a road, but he can't say bitch because that's just taking it too far.
    Exactly right. They can make these changes if they want to, but don't expect me to keep playing your game. Honestly the thing i hate the most is if you point any of this out, they pull the wool over your eyes like it's nothing. This isn't happening in a vacuum. Like for fuck sake, just say the feminists at our company don't like frat boy humor and mild sexualization of women and just go.

"I will call you a buzzword while chastising you for using them is NOT hypocrisy." lol said the scorpion. Lmao
    The only one calling things "buzzwords" here is you. Also: not only is "reactionary" not a buzzword—again, it's a real word with a real meaning—but it wasn't even aimed at you; the word "feminist" had undergone pejoration by reactionaries long before you contributed to that trend. Not everything is about you.

Wow. Is that what you actually believe is going on here? Just...wow.

Also preformative outrage? I beg to differ[...]
    You can "beg to differ" all you want. This all started because people noticed some changes on the PTR and made a stink about them. And when Blizzard reps offered an explanation: the players made an even bigger stink, went on tirades about "woke" and dyed hair and pronouns, and lashed out at anyone who suggested they were overreacting or otherwise disagreed with them on the matter. It's performative as hell.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-14 at 02:49 PM.

Like for fuck sake, just say the feminists at our company don't like frat boy humor and mild sexualization of women and just go.
    okay, that's exactly what's happening. and yeah, really peculiar the game that has been about... war would involve... war?!?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

I was gonna say... by attacking you mean saying you're wrong?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-13 at 10:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only one calling things "buzzwoprds" here is you. Also: not only is "reactionary" not a buzzword—again, it's a real word with a real meaning—but it wasn't even aimed at you; the word "feminist" had undergone pejoration by reactionaries long before you contributed to that trend. Not everything is about you.

"It's not a buzzword because i said it isn't." It is. Plus i'm not anti liberal because i am a liberal so you used it incorrectly at that. It's funny when lefties try to play these games because i don't fall for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    okay, that's exactly what's happening.
    Guess they aren't sex positive then, which means they hold contradictory positions, which means their ideology is idiotic. Glad we finally cleared that up after 54 pages

"It's not a buzzword because i said it isn't." It is. Plus i'm not anti liberal because i am a liberal so you used it incorrectly at that. It's funny when lefties try to play these games because i don't fall for them
    No; it's not a "buzzword" because it describes actual behavior rather than just being a knee-jerk snarl word. ("Woke," as it's been used in this discussion, would be an example of the latter; but I digress.) The only one calling anything a "buzzword" here is you. And, again: I was not calling you a reactionary; I was attributing "feminist" having been turned into an insult meaning roughly "straw-misandrist" in the first place to reactionaries. You just took it upon yourself to feel attacked.

And you never answered the question of whom "feminists" are supposedly "dehumanizing," either. Too busy getting offended, or did you just not have an answer and decided to throw a fit as a distraction?
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 10:55 PM.

The only one calling things "buzzwoprds" here is you. Also: not only is "reactionary" not a buzzword—again, it's a real word with a real meaning—but it wasn't even aimed at you; the word "feminist" had undergone pejoration by reactionaries long before you contributed to that trend. Not everything is about you.

You can "beg to differ" all you want. This all started because people noticed some changes on the PTR and made a stink about them. And when Blizzard reps offered an explanation: the players made an even bigger stink, went on tirades about "woke" and dyed hair and pronouns, and lashed out at anyone who suggested they were overreacting or otherwise disagreed with them on the matter. It's performative as hell.
    Oh, are you denying my lived experience? How abusive of you, do you enjoy abusing women? See how this line of argumentation isn't very conductive to anything? I'd rather decide for myself if I can take crude humor or not, make a filter if you need to, like for swearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    No; it's not a "buzzword" because it describes actual behavior rather than just being a knee-jerk snarl word. ("Woke," as it's been used in this discussion, would be an example of the latter; but I digress.) The only one calling anything a "buzzword" here is you. And, again: I was not calling you a reactionary; I was attributing "feminist" having been turned into an insult meaning roughly "straw-misandrist" in the first place to reactionaries. You just took it upon yourself to feel attacked.

And you never answered the question of whom "feminists" are supposedly "dehumanizing," either. Too busy getting offended, or did you just not have an answer and decided to throw a fit as a distraction?
    Feminism, woke, lefties etc also describes behavior and the way I'm using them isn't a snarl so it's not a buzzword now. Cool, thanks for the clarification.

They dehumanize any liberal, centrist, conservative, trump voter, incel, alt righter, chud etc etc.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-13 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I was gonna say... by attacking you mean saying you're wrong?
    I mean, that's one way in which that post misrepresented events.

Oh, are you denying my lived experience? How abusive of you, do you enjoy abusing women?
    Suggesting that you at best erroneously jumped to conclusions in several regards is not "denying your lived experience," and trying to use that as a "gotcha" is incredibly disingenuous.

See how this line of argumentation isn't very conductive to anything?
    You're the one who used it—and insincerely, at that—so...ask yourself.

I'd rather decide for myself if I can take crude humor or not, make a filter if you need to, like for swearing.
    How many times do I have to explain to the outrage brigade that I consider most of the dialogue changes irrelevant and silly, and cite "Master Baiter" as one that I actually found funny, before it sinks in with y'all?

Feminism, woke, lefties etc also describes behavior and the way I'm using them isn't a snarl so it's not a buzzword now. Cool, thanks for the clarification.
    Except you haven't used (or misused, as the case has often been) any of those words as anything but snarls. In fact: pretty much all you've done is lash out and try to "gotcha" people, much like you did here when you tried to redefine "buzzword" as "anything you consider such." And after accusing me of doing the same, no less...oops.

They dehumanize any liberal, centrist, conservative, trump voter, incel, alt righter, chud etc etc.
    Care to offer proof of "dehumanization" as opposed to opposition, then? And what, exactly, are you under the impression that "alt-right" and "incel" and (especially) "chud" mean?
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 11:11 PM.

Guess they aren't sex positive then, which means they hold contradictory positions, which means their ideology is idiotic. Glad we finally cleared that up after 54 pages
    okay, I'm not sure how many times people have to point out to you that two things can be happening at once, and mutual exclusivity does not apply to everything. just because a you take offense to a crass joke doesn't mean you're like, against the idea of women having sexual freedom, or literally whatever the hell you seem to think is "sex positive". those two positions can exist at the same time, and more importantly be consistent positions, not contradictory.

and there you go again! all you really care about is screaming about the SJW's and literally nothing else. if you actually, truly realized that these changes are insignificant and have not and will not change the company for the better, then the next word's to come out of your mouth better sound similar to: "these employees need to unionize and fight for change across the games industry."

but instead, all you seem to care about is those hypocrite SJW's. and not the actual shit they have had to deal with.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-13 at 11:11 PM.

Enjoying cat and bunny girls while watching this dumpster fire ocassionaly is great.