View Poll Results: What do you think about the current situation?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • It's ridiculous and most of these changes are unwanted.

17 68.00%
  • I am happy that they are changing most of offensive/suggestive parts in WoW.

0 0%
  • It doesn't affect my gameplay so I don't care.

8 32.00%

World of Peacecraft

There are almost 0 news about the newest changes on the PTR on MMO-Champion about the new dialogues/changes.
    You also cannot comment them on the wowhead.

I am wondering what people are thinking about it? I guess that some people didn't even know about them!

For me it's wasted money. I know that there are different teams for different things in this company, but I don't really think that someone should receive any money for doing such a thing.
    While some fixes are really justified, I still don't understand why Blizzard is wasting their sources to do so many useless, not-wanted changes. They should've pay more for the artist team or for the ones that are fixing the class balance or project new raids/dungeons.

"Yeah, we treated some of the female employee bad, but know what? We changed an art of a woman for the bowl of fruit, so it's even I guess?"

It feels like they're trying to sweep under the rug the real issues(harassing, rape accusations, underpaying) and hunt for the things they have to change to please the vocal people from the twitter and show themselves as a corporation that's full of virtues.

Some changes:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/george-...updates-324531
    tl;dr
    -George the Corpsegrinder is now Annihilator Grek'lor. The reference to Cannibal Corpse vocalist is deleted because he was using mean words in the interview.
    -Maximillian of Northshire no longer mistakes a male bloodelf for a maiden.
    -The dialogues in the quest "The Day that Deathwing Came: What Really Happened" no longer use the words "baby" and "babe".

https://www.wowhead.com/news/finkle-...ialogue-324490
    tl;dr
    -Finkle Einhorn name is changed to Pip Quickwit, because the it was based on transphobic movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    -The woman(Theresa) that was slave of the scientist Gerard Abernathy in the undercity is no longer <Gerard's Mindslave> but <Gerard's Experiment>. Blizzard removed the parts that are references to domination, torture, removing parts of her brain, putting a collar on his "pet," and the suggestion that Gerard repeat the experiment in order to breed humans.
    -Blizzard is removing the greenskin word, because it's racist. In some dialogues orcs are now called barbarians and their skin color is no longer mentioned.
    -Flirty/Sexual jokes are changes/deleted.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggest...h-9-1-5-324416
    tl;dr
    -Blizzard is removing flirts/jokes that are suggestive
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-10-17 at 10:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Moreover they are deleting in dialogues text how alliance called orcs they called them "greenskins" so its racist and they gonna erase that but killing those orc or keeping them locked in prison is fine while words hurt them more xDD i can imagine 9.2 final boss fight againast jailler where you have to write in chat how toxic he is then become vulnerable

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... what more do you want to be said? What else is there to discuss that this website hasn't bitched/moaned about in the past month in regards to this?

Scroll through the last 5 to 7 pages of MMO-C General Discussions and you'll see what people are thinking about it. Asking it again is just inviting the same problem over and over: somebody says this is fine, somebody else says they don't care, another person says this is horrible and Blizzard is catering, then somebody attacks that person... etc etc snowball.

You think some sort of mega-thread dedicated to "Blizzard's Sensitivity Adjustments in WoW" needs to be made? There really is no way it will stay constructive. This thread alone is barely even that.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-17 at 11:35 AM.

I haven't forgotten they passed around a womans nudes and drove her to suicide yet no. So full streisand effect i guess.

Rewriting history is never a good idea, learning from it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Moreover they are deleting in dialogues text how alliance called orcs they called them "greenskins" so its racist and they gonna erase that but killing those orc or keeping them locked in prison is fine while words hurt them more xDD i can imagine 9.2 final boss fight againast jailler where you have to write in chat how toxic he is then become vulnerable
    they are not removing the greenskin cause its "racist" they are changing them because of games workshop

1. greenskin is being changed to stuff like "green hide" this wouldnt really work if it was supposed to be against "racisim"
    2. greenskin is being changed even if it doesent refer to orcs from humans, like "what beautiful green skin you have"
    3. blizzard had to change Grom from warcraft 3 to Hellscream, again because games workshop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Rewriting history is never a good idea, learning from it is.
    lolol rewriting history?
    changing stuff in a game is not rewriting history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I haven't forgotten they passed around a womans nudes and drove her to suicide yet no. So full streisand effect i guess.
    that was treyarch not blizzard, but yeah speaking people these days are more mad about these name/quest changes, then the actual abuse that happened at ABK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2. greenskin is being changed even if it doesent refer to orcs from humans, like "what beautiful green skin you have"
    This is the change from the Jade Witch right? This one wouldn't make sense to be GW related. They can try and trade mark Greenskin, but not just referring to someones skin as being green. Otherwise WoW would basically have to get rid of all green skin races to begin with.

Remember back when all this came out and everyone was all in on now we need to support the Devs against evil Activision Blizzard, and now when devs are making changes that they want, i quess supporting time seems to be over for most people.

Why exactly is "greenskins" racist? It's not like Humans and Orcs are even the same race. That's like calling someone racist for calling a dog or ape "fluffy".

And if it's for trademark reasons, then the change is about 30 years too late...

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why exactly is "greenskins" racist? It's not like Humans and Orcs are even the same race. That's like calling someone racist for calling a dog or ape "fluffy".

And if it's for trademark reasons, then the change is about 30 years too late...
    If a term is used derogatorily to refer to another race, the term is racist.

However, it is believed they aren't changing greenskin to avoid racist overtones, but distant themselves from Warhammer.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If a term is used derogatorily to refer to another race, the term is racist.

However, it is believed they aren't changing greenskin to avoid racist overtones, but distant themselves from Warhammer.
    But Orcs are not another race. They are not related to Humans in any way. They don't even come from the same planet.

And again, why would Warcraft distance themselves from GW games now? The entire franchise was founded as basically a more comical version of Warhammer. If it was fine for 30 years, why change it now?

LBGQT devs fighting their war and spreading their propaganda in a video game. This is no place!

/serious

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But Orcs are not another race. They are not related to Humans in any way. They don't even come from the same planet.
    You are conflating two definitions of races. Orcs and Humans are both playable races with their own racials in the game.
    They don't need to be the same species to have it.

If you are arguing it should be xenophobic not racist ... that's just splitting hairs.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Maybe they are juts scrambling to cover their asses.

All of these small changes are meaningless really.
    But all of them together, can be pointed at if future harassment cases go to court.

Waste of 'dev' time? Sure
    But some lawyer somewhere probably pointed out to Blizzard that if they think there might be any future issues with harassment, at the very least, buff out the ruff edges of the game so no one can claim 'they havent changed since the last time'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Remember back when all this came out and everyone was all in on now we need to support the Devs against evil Activision Blizzard, and now when devs are making changes that they want, i quess supporting time seems to be over for most people.
    I hate that you either are for every single change they make, or you are against them all together and enable the harassment. I've been for any change that was to scrub the names of the abusers from the games, as well as any related to the harassment that the victims coming forth have faced. But you would be hard pressed to convince me that -all- of these changes are related. It is those that i am against.

I am not american, please explain to me why the words "damsel" and "maiden" are considered offensive? I am not baiting or trolling.

Perhaps its time to remove War from Warcraft too.

Nah but i see all this as completely meaningless changes.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I am not american, please explain to me why the words "damsel" and "maiden" are considered offensive? I am not baiting or trolling.
    It was a common old trope where, to keep it simple, the manly man would save the helpless woman from a villain/tragedy. It was used often and is seen as painting women in a rather infantile light where they always have to be saved. The quest that was changed however it doesn't make sense, because the quest was making fun of the fact that the character was being an idiot and not actually helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This topic is being discussed in multiple other threads and doesn't need another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead