Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I wonder if Blizz will learn something from Riot and Arcane. Wasn't there a rumor that Henry Caville would play Arthas or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    I wonder if Blizz will learn something from Riot and Arcane. Wasn't there a rumor that Henry Caville would play Arthas or something?
    If Blizzard learned anything from the last Warcraft movie and the success of Riots Arcane is that they should keep away from live action. Even at the time a live action Warcraft movie was never something I subscribed to. They really suit a more animated show, due to Warcrafts own style looking very animated too.

Also Riot came from a similar situation than Blizzard, lets not forget Riot was investigated for sexual harassment and mistreatment in the workplace back in 2016 (I think thats the year someone correct me), but it has been quiet on the Riot front since then, so hopefully things have changed, so I feel enough time has passed wher eI feel I can give them some credit. And who knows maybe things will get better at Blizzard,maybe Blizzard will all of a sudden start putting out awesome games and moral and productivity will improve there too. We'll have to wait and see. I'll return to Blizzard games around 2025 or 2026 see if things have gotten better for them. And if they bring out an animated TV show around the quality of Arcane I'll watch for sure. I just don't expect, that with everything going on right now at Blizzard, it wont be for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    while i'm not that guy, i'm not blinded by the show to give it perfect scores just because it's better than some of the trash that's been offered up lately as the new 'hotness' hyped up and ultimately failed to deliver, i really liked the story, i like the art style they went with, an in motion watercolour painting style, however as i said in my first comment in this thread, i felt like the overall story was told well in a few episodes, and badly rushed in others, which lead me to the conclusion it was likely written by committee instead of having a single cohesive writer for the screenplay, which can be a good or bad thing sometimes, in the case of this show i feel like some of the rushed story elements could have done with a bit more build up, or a bit more overall explanation as to provide a little more context for certain characters actions.
    thats cool. I aint gonna sit here and expect everyone to love it, but with that said you are not the one trolling and giving it a 1/10. And those are the stand outs I see. Like 1/10, I have seen some 1/10 animated TV shows before, and I'll be damned if Arcane is anything close to the Little Shop of Horrors kids TV show lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-01 at 10:07 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Man, I did not expect this to be as good as it was at all. Five of my friends talked up the show so I figured, man even at the height of the Squid Games hype wave I didn't get as many recommendations so why not give it a bash. Well, consider me convinced. This is one damn good show, and most definitely in the top tier animated shows, nay, animated works in general I've ever seen.

The animation itself is outstanding, the setting and world are interesting, the action is well done, but it's the characters that steal the show. Nearly every character is well written, nuanced, rounded and well motivated, on top of generally top tier voice acting and dialog. The cast isn't that big but the show makes the most out of every single name it has.

It's not perfect of course, nothing is. The story, while very well told, doesn't really break new grounds, the pacing could be uneven at times, and a select few characters weren't as well voiced as the others I feel. But it does things right so much more often than it does things wrong that the whole package is still very, very high quality and well worth anyone's time.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I ignored this show at first because, you know... LoL, not for me. But i'm glad that i finally watched it. It is without any doubt one of the best animated shows that i have ever watched.

I wouldn't say that the story is very memorable despite being a good story, but all the characters, storytelling and world building is done in a very good way. What really surprised me was the style, quality and level of detail on every single frame, it was a pleasure to watch just because of that.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Super awesome show. Didn't think I'd really get much out of it because a lot of Riot's stuff seems to be kind of just a shallow selling of 'cool', especially since I always though of Jinx as just 'manic pixie dream girl, but evil', but I really found a lot to identify with.

Next up: Kogmaw backstory with feels.

5+ Year Old Account
    It was not bad, I...I'm sure I would have loved it if I had been a teen watching this

15+ Year Old Account
    Bit late to the party but a friend told me about this, and after seeing some of Riot Games' LoL World promotional videos on youtube I was always hoping for some sort of series animated like this.

I've never played LoL so know nothing about the characters etc, but I really enjoyed the first episode. Time to watch some more

I really enjoyed this, dont really know much about LOL apart from its a game.

The only thing that really annoyed me was people dieing then coming back an episode later, would have been so much more emotional had they stayed dead

I also did not think it was much good when I first heard about it, but after episode 3 even the story becomes good. Only think you can honestly say is bad about the show is the phasing. There is very little explanation about the world, lore etc..:You just get thrown into something right away, but this show has to wins prizes...Like a lot.

Oh also its riot...So 100% china funded, bought and sold...Thats my biggest critique really, yes media is also politics..sadly.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    Arcane: Season 2 | First Look | Netflix

Netflix
    Jan 5, 2024

A nightmarish augmentation.

Brace yourself for Season 2 of Arcane, only on Netflix November 2024.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Arcane: Season 2 | First Look | Netflix

Netflix
    Jan 5, 2024

A nightmarish augmentation.

Brace yourself for Season 2 of Arcane, only on Netflix November 2024.
    damn having to wait until November <twiddles thumbs>
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    damn having to wait until November <twiddles thumbs>
    what is that thing hanging in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    what is that thing hanging in the air?
    If the youtuber Necrit predictions are true (from a long ago) thats Vander...turned into Warwick.

Released today: