Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    "We really stretched our creativity with these creatures"

All I saw was reskinned real life animals?
    Its hust bastion and ardenweld smushed together.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I will take anything.
    even in the Darker days of WOD never seen the server so dead.
    The Big Question is now when.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The only positive thing is that they confirmed this will be the last patch of Shadowlands.
    Did they though?

No sign of the Jailer....

EDIT: yes you are correct .. confirmation here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-9...owlands-324843
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2021-11-11 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Nothing exciting unfortunately. The tier sets are OK I guess but I don't like the theme they are doing. None of them stood out to me as a set that I would definitely want to get.
    They look all the same, generic and like blue quest items.

They actually surprised me... it was even shittier than what I tought. Steve danuser being the worst as always talking a bunch of idiotic concepts that doesn't matter to the majority of people.

The zone is alien? fucking ULDUAR was more alien than what I saw in that video and it came out 10 years ago.

Snails, stags, frogs, stickman robots..... are these people for real? is this the best they can muster? Is this the goal they achieved after butchering fifteen fucking years worth of lore? Was this the reason why silvanus decided to burn the tree in bfa? I havent played the game in 8 months and I still feel pissed at this travesty.

What a utter shame. What a waste. This is what happens when you let pretencious idiots take over. The lack of talent is baffling.

Enjoy.

"but first, you must face Anduin, and discover a way to resist the Jailer's terrifying Domination magic"
    You all know what that means corruption v2
    Didnt we all loved that :P

Okay. let me get this out of my chest first:

THANK GOD THE NEW RAID AND ZONE AREN'T DARK AND DEPRESSING LOOKING

.... which is about the best thing. I don't really see much else to get excited for, though the art team continues to do amazing work and continues to carry the games quality. The story looks as garbage as it always was, no new dungeons is really sad, not sure how I feel about the raid but it needs to be better than Nathria and Sanctum.

Also fuck you WoW writers for bringing in the WC3 story to use as an act for your stories. Seriously, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You know, weirdly enough, one of the things I don't mind is the idea of the afterlife being artificial. It kinda gives the First Ones more legitimacy, in my mind. Imagine some ancient progenitor species, filling a universe with life but realizing that once they die, there will be nothing left, and wanting to fix that. So they create a new dimension, attune it to the souls of the dead, and build the machinery needed to pump out specialized afterlives to house them all.

It's actually one of the few things about Shadowlands I can kind of get behind. I like the whole idea of the Shadowlands being a naturally occurring thing more originally, but this honestly isn't bad, for me at least.
    i could definitely get behind it too. but there has been no setup for it and they haven't even explained very basic things like what the sigils do. are they a lock to get to zereth mortis or needed to activate whatever crap zovaal is after.

Couldn't help but facepalm whenever they talked about Tier sets as if some thief stole them during the night and the police finally brought it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Brawler's guild, no Pandaria TW raid, no new Pet Battle Dungeon.

Fucking hell man. Ima go downvote that video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Did they though?

No sign of the Jailer....
    "third and final act of the saga"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    They actually surprised me... it was even shittier than what I tought. Steve danuser being the worst as always talking a bunch of idiotic concepts that doesn't matter to the majority of people.

The zone is alien? fucking ULDUAR was more alien than what I saw in that video and it came out 10 years ago.

Snails, stags, frogs, stickman robots..... are these people for real? is this the best they can muster? Is this the goal they achieved after butchering fifteen fucking years worth of lore? Was this the reason why silvanus decided to burn the tree in bfa? I havent played the game in 8 months and I still feel pissed at this travesty.

What a utter shame. What a waste. This is what happens when you let pretencious idiots take over. The lack of talent is baffling.

Enjoy.
    Oh don't depress me bringing up Ulduar. It's hard to believe that WOTLK zones are in the same game

The tier set concept art looked fire, the ones they showed in game were very meh...and that is what most people will see, since the concept is probably Mythic only.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Oh don't depress me bringing up Ulduar. It's hard to believe that WOTLK zones are in the same game
    Bro i don't even play anymore and I feel pissed at this shit. What a waste. smh

It’s okay. Not bad, not great, but okay.

It’s also a very general overview, but seems basically par for what they usually do.

We won’t really get a good sense of it until it’s up on PTR and it’s datamined.

I was kind of expecting more though, like a new feature or at least a mage tower esque wing in torghast or something…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post

Enjoy.
    nothign about ulduar was alien since it was a titan facility lol
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You should go watch it again then, because they said that the first ones also created Azeroth, and every realm we have and haven't experienced.
    A claim we know is frankly bull to promote the 'new gods' they've created. Azeroth, Outland, Draenor and Argus have explicitly been formed or tampered to a point by beings entirely separate from the propped up First Ones ages after their speculated presence in these places. Plus note their inclusion of "The first ones built the universe as far as we know...", they're not even being properly conclusive about their role in this game's lore and universe. Fully expect the 'Beforeus ones' and the 'Got-In Ahead Ones' at this point.

And they created Zereth Mortis to create afterlives on its own.
    They literally say in the trailer they left behind Automata to automate that function, they were doing it themselves personally when they were present there.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Checked Wowhead?

I mean, it's of course subjective as hell, but I find them dull.
    I did not... good lord

Zereth Mortis just looks like Eonar's garden from Antorus. Really feels like there is no difference between the First Ones and the Titans, except that the First Ones have been retconned to be even older and more responsible for everything.

The builders automatons and the gyros are aesthetically cool.

Tier sets look like the angels from D3.

Anduin boss room seems to be pretty disappointing IMO. The fan theories that we were going to fight him atop Icecrown sparked the imagination more.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    The artwork looks lazy af and the content within already looks like it'll be shit. Like you already know you'll have to grind out rep with those factions to unlock the rest of your abilties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I’m more frustrated at the immediate backlash. They’ve literally just shown us the bare skeleton of the patch and people are immediately calling it garbage, can we at least show a little respect to the art and design team that have continued to give us incredible work year after year?

Because that’s all we’ve really seen here, art and design. Not sure what groundbreaking change people were expecting in a .2 patch.

The art isn't technically bad but yeah it isn't very imaginative or interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    A seemingly large zone with different biomes
    I didn't see any other biomes than just "Eonar's garden but with fog". Maybe there is more in development that isn't ready to be shown off yet, but given that Blizzard waited this long to give crucial info that will make or break people's interest in resubbing, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    WTH happened to Warcraft's artstyle? This looks like generic college stuff you'd see on artstation, like fanart for League of Legends or Dota or Crowfall and so on. Not crapping on the artist but this does NOT feel like Warcraft at all.

The warrior and paladin sets do admittedly look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    tier sets to the left, looks like some cringe anime stuff...
    The top sets look meh but that bottom set is really cool. Appropriately Warcraft... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    That didn't do it for me. I don't think I'll be there for 9.2.

What I expected:

1. Gameplay overhaul

3. End-game restructuration
    I don't think there was any hope of that happening before 10.0.

2. New allied races
    New Allied Races require relatively so little effort there is no reason we shouldn't have gotten more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Welp, See folks in Endwalker, and its first patch is literally available after 2 months with content 3 times the amount you'll get in 9.2

I say that unironically, go play XIV if you want the WoW experience your missing, dont sleep on it anymore.
    Only problem with FFXIV content updates is that they don't really add new questing zones in patches like WoW does (or did in the past), or new races, but otherwise yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I really like this YT comment:
    This release video:
    98% aesthetics and arts
    2% actual gameplay addition news
    Aesthetics is all WoW has going for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Compare 9.1 with 8.1 and you'll see that by the time 9.2 releases we'll have pretty much the same amount of content, minus the Allied Races.
    Well.. besides 9.3 not existing compared to 8.3