Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you prefer if cash shop items started off as earnable then sold?

Not a thread about being positive or negative about the cash shop itself but more a curiosity.

If items normally removed from the game PvP transmog, raid mounts, mythic + rewards, etc became cash shop items rather then items specifically designed for the game would you prefer that?

This is assuming that no content would be for sale before it was earnable during a wow patch cycle as a minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Not a thread about being positive or negative about the cash shop itself but more a curiosity.

If items normally removed from the game PvP transmog, raid mounts, mythic + rewards, etc became cash shop items rather then items specifically designed for the game would you prefer that?

This is assuming that no content would be for sale before it was earnable during a wow patch cycle as a minimum.
    I'd rather keep the two separated. If you wish to make a purchase from the shop without putting much money into it, use gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No, I would prefer if nothing is sold on the shop ever, everything else is not acceptable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'd rather keep the two separated. If you wish to make a purchase from the shop without putting much money into it, use gold.
    Buying a token with gold still fuels the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Buying a token with gold still fuels the system.
    Yes, so do buying the game or general items from the store but we have to look at it with reasonable action, the store is not going away anytime soon. If you choose to not use money but want something from the store, use the gold, which is already easy to obtain, let someone else use the money.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My rational for having the rewards earnable first is it would push blizzard to put more effort into the game outside of the cash shop. It isn't hard to see that in terms of quality the cash shop generally has an expansion or two more detail in the armor and mounts then the rest of game.

It would be nice if they were incentivized to push for that level of quality everywhere.

If every single cash shop mount/cosmetic came with a specific colour coding that would let everyone right know right away that it came from the cash shop they could put as many mounts and cosmetics into it that they wanted. As long as everyone knew right away that it had no value because it was a cash shop item.

That would obviously stop people from using the cash shop though because they idea is to fool people into thinking you got something really cool by doing something awesome. As soon as people know something is fro ma cash shop it looses all value

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    If every single cash shop mount/cosmetic came with a specific colour coding that would let everyone right know right away that it came from the cash shop they could put as many mounts and cosmetics into it that they wanted. As long as everyone knew right away that it had no value because it was a cash shop item.

That would obviously stop people from using the cash shop though because they idea is to fool people into thinking you got something really cool by doing something awesome. As soon as people know something is fro ma cash shop it looses all value
    I rather they didn't to be honest. I know my favorite colors tragically rarely come from mythic. I would like more color options myself rather then having my favorite attached to a certain level.

I rather they didn't to be honest. I know my favorite colors tragically rarely come from mythic. I would like more color options myself rather then having my favorite attached to a certain level.
    How does that limit colour options?

LOL mounts have no value to begin with. You just want Blizzard to outright bully its customers and shame them.

The argument of cash shop stuff being made unavailable to those in-game is redundant when you can use gold to buy tokens and convert that to battle.net credit to buy said cash shop stuff.

How does that limit colour options?
    Usually you just get 2 colors for elite sets.

FF does that with event items. They actually have new rewards every year, usually. You can do the event and get it or miss it and get it from the shop at a later time, if you want.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

I would prefer all assets be made to be earned in-game, forever. Never removed, never made sellable from the cash shop. Perhaps the methods of earning them can change over time, but they should still be there. People already pay a sub for this game.

no, thats not something I would want to see, if someone gets a pvp set last thing I or anyone else wants to see is the set being on shop instead of ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The argument of cash shop stuff being made unavailable to those in-game is redundant when you can use gold to buy tokens and convert that to battle.net credit to buy said cash shop stuff.
    Not really. Someone is still indirectly buying with real money. If nobody used real money on top of sub, nobody would be able to buy it for gold.
    When ppl are against the shop, they are against giving more money to blizz on top of sub, so the argument still stands.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No removing items from the game to sell them later is the worse possible thing a shop could do.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now Blizzard have locked themselves into a stale mate. you cannot take the store away. Personally it never should have been added in the first place but we are here now....

I think the only thing the store should be for is character services and charity purchases.

The mounts and cosmetics are fine but only if the game was F2P. We already pay a sub and pay for expansions plus as mentioned above character services. Cosmetics should be in game and earned. I know we have some die hard capitalist shop defenders her eon MMO champion and look its your money you spend it how you want, my problem is with the shop, not how you spend your money... so calm your tits.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Not really. Someone is still indirectly buying with real money. If nobody used real money on top of sub, nobody would be able to buy it for gold.
    When ppl are against the shop, they are against giving more money to blizz on top of sub, so the argument still stands.
    That's irrelevant to my argument. Fact is you can use gold to buy shop items easily. Plenty of ingame items that cost hell of a lot more than what those shop items go for.

7+ Year Old Account

NO! That's the worst thing that could happen to WoW as it cheapens all the removed stuff. Get out of here and go back to FFXIV trashshop please ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LOL mounts have no value to begin with. You just want Blizzard to outright bully its customers and shame them.
    If mounts have no value then why would people buy them?

This is probably the worst attempt at an argument i've ever seen on these forums and i've seen quite a bit of low effort reaching :P
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-11-12 at 08:01 AM.