Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For people talking about color, also remember there'll be two other color variants of them for the two other difficulties, so it may look better in those forms.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Another store transmog that looks better than most in game sets. Who's surprised? Certainly not me.
    how are raid sets "store transmog" and not ingame sets? TF?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think it's fine to have the occasional raid where the theme of the raid is shared among the tier-sets and they are all different takes on that. I would love some more classic looking tier sets as well but it's not like this is something new. Did people bitch as much about T12? (Firelands)
    No, they didn't, because if you look at the firelands sets they are all thematically linked but they're all different. These are not very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    how are raid sets "store transmog" and not ingame sets? TF?
    He's talking about the store Tmog leak directly above his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like that we got an ensemble of sets that appears to come from the same place, the same culture. It takes some creativity to create different sets that still reflect their classes but keep the same esthetic. Because really, if you take 30 seconds of your time you can easily say what set belongs to what class. I'm not sure about the warlock though. Apart from the broken orbs on the shoulders and maybe the mask, there's not much that screams warlock. They should make it darker. Maybe reversing the colour scheme would do the trick. Make the grey parts black and the black parts dark grey. The strips of cloth on the shoulders should be darker too. Oh and at last a shaman set that does not yell "I'm from the Horde!" while retaining some iconic shamanic symbolism.

Personally, I was getting a bit tired of the class sets. Most of them were not that original to begin with and were becoming ridiculous. I actually enjoy the epurated designs of these sets.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    No, they didn't, because if you look at the firelands sets they are all thematically linked but they're all different. These are not very different.
    I disagree. I don't think these are any worse than the Firelands sets. In fact I think there's plenty of old tier sets who look equal or worse to these new ones. I mean I don't think the new ones are top tier by any means, but if you just take Hunter as an example 90% of their sets look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They all look like crap. Basically definition of "If you dont wanna to do something right you may as well not do it at all".

Just like the new zone its like they lack creativity and imagination, just a big meh all around sadly.
    Do you hear the voices too?

tbh i quite like how the dk and rogue set is. would not change it.

5+ Year Old Account
    To all the excuse folk, fyi this the raid where we will defeat Death personified, one of the most powerful people in the fucking universe

So hunter should have a westfall chicken on his head, or shaman fat snow fox? That fits with the stakes at play?

Compare with the first sets...they look like end of expansion while 9.2 look like beginning dungeon not even raid worthy looking...

9.2 looks worse n unworthy, freaking admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    To all the excuse folk, fyi this the raid where we will defeat Death personified, one of the most powerful people in the fucking universe

So hunter should have a westfall chicken on his head, or shaman fat snow fox? That fits with the stakes at play?

Compare with the first sets...they look like end of expansion while 9.2 look like beginning dungeon not even raid worthy looking...

9.2 looks worse n unworthy, freaking admit it!
    TBH I didn't like these ones either. They all have a similar problem to me. They only fit humans or human-like races.

Nothing for any of the beastly races. All of those sets look out of place to any race other than humans, elves and undead (aka dead humans).
    Maybe also Draenei or lightforged Draenei.

But as a Horde player I don't feel the whole Shadowlands aesthetic at all. The only set that fits savage races is the Aerdenwald set. But even these sets seem to be more themed around nightelf-aesthetic.

For the Shadowlands to be the afterlive for all the races on Azeroth it seems to be centered too much around alliance races and no references to any "Horde heavens" at all. No shamanism, no elements, no great spirits at all. Even though in the lore Horde races are a lot about worshipping anchestors and shamanism.
    Last edited by TheTaurenChieftain; 2021-11-13 at 03:16 PM.

Using a zone, raid or xpac theme for a tier set does make sense, but the aesthetics and class fantasy can be very off and it is. They started this movement in BFA and generally speaking BFA gave us the absolute worst looking gear in the game. The reality is, they will get away with it because are happy set bonuses and class tiers are back and they're not as horrendous as BFA or the last tier of Legion.

I like the hunter and shaman the most. It really brings forth the class fantasy of the running away chicken(Hunter) and the wolf Shaman.

Which is...

Mail.... Both! Its a trick?

why do they call it a class set when its theme has nothing to do with the class...

these sets are thematic for the raid/zone, they have nothing to do with the class themes they are forcibly attached to.

What a shocker... a bunch of complaints about the tier sets. Maybe THIS is the reason why they got rid of class tiers sets and not the difficulty of min/max and balancing them. It seems no matter what they do in terms of tier sets there's always a done of bitching!! Tier sets for a while now have also been raid/story theme based as well as class based. There'd be no reason for these sets to be colored dark just to match "dark" classes like lock or DK. The art looks great so to complain simply because its not "dark" enough for your vision of the class and then to call their effort crap because of that is just petty!!

Looks very boring and bland

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    What a shocker... a bunch of complaints about the tier sets. Maybe THIS is the reason why they got rid of class tiers sets and not the difficulty of min/max and balancing them. It seems no matter what they do in terms of tier sets there's always a done of bitching!! Tier sets for a while now have also been raid/story theme based as well as class based. There'd be no reason for these sets to be colored dark just to match "dark" classes like lock or DK. The art looks great so to complain simply because its not "dark" enough for your vision of the class and then to call their effort crap because of that is just petty!!
    You are not the Knight Blizzard needs, but the one they deserve !
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post

For reference. Yeah they share a theme but they do all feel different.

why the hell do paladin class sets always have robes?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightblazer85 View Post
    why the hell do paladin class sets always have robes?
    They are warrior monks?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    BfA had no class tier sets, they had raid sets. Those were mostly themed around the raid and not the class. What we get now in 9.2 are indeed raid sets themed around the raid and specifically not class sets. Just because you add a skull or a wolf you don't all of a sudden have created a class tier set when all of them look almost identical.

9.2 tier sets in regards of class tier sets are utter trash. 9.2 tier sets in regards of raid tier sets are fine.

And yes, the art looks great. The in game versions look cheap and terrible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again