Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    looks good enough and has enough interesting points ill be reinstalling and dusting off my retail main to try it out. benn on classic since nathria and havent moved from there really so this is a nice change.
    gimme something to do between ssc and tk runs.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    It shows that Blizzards diversity plan doesnt work. Rather having Cosby Gang and therefore a better game.
    Outside of the changing of "problematic" stuff, I don't think you're really going to see the fruits of Blizz's doubling down on their diversity-centric mindset until 10.0, at absolute earlier, probably later than that. This patch was likely a fair way into development when the lawsuit hit.

OT: I've said it in another thread, but I wouldn't call the patch BAD from what I've seen so far, just nothing that's really wowed me. No pun intended.

Aggressively Meh. It's the bare minimum of a patch without anything extra.

Even more laughable when they pronounce this as an 'End to the story threads started in WC3' because they want to compete with Endwalker.

Looks very mediocre just like the rest of the Shadowlands

Definitely, meh. I'll give it a chance if I find the PTR to be favorable.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why people say ice isn't water due to a recent conversation. Apparently, I'm an idiot.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Not bad, just boring. Same as always. Hope its a good raid.

I did expect a better preview though. But I think thats on me for misreading this preview thing.

Very excited about it.

People keep whining about what's in the patch, but i sincerely don't understand what they expected from a .2\content patch. We get the usual bell and whistles, a zone, a raid, new rep, some new player power progression systems, etc etc.

I understand disliking the story, or the lore, or whatever, but this is as cookie-cutter as a content patch usually is, with some nice extras in it (return of class sets, a pvp mini tournament, bla bla bla), but as someone who doesn't give two damns about the story (which has ALWAYS been mediocre or bad in the history of the game), i'm excited about it, and very curious on the direction they go next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    It shows that Blizzards diversity plan doesnt work. Rather having Cosby Gang and therefore a better game.
    This is a bit silly. You won't see the actual content\story\lore designed after the lawsuits and doubling down on diversity at least until 10.0, or further. Expansion and patch story\lore\features are laid out years in advance.

I have never been as excited for a WoW expansion, theme or story, as I have been with Shadowlands, since Wrath or maybe Cataclysm.

I miss having it made clear who the protagonist is from the get go, then building up over the initial leveling questing, then throughout the expansions patches, with it culminating in a final showdown with said villain. I swear the WoW fan-base is changing into some whiny, millennial, entitled crowd...or something. I think Shadowlands has been, overall, fantastic. I still remember clearly, how much at the end of the Revendreth story line I couldn't wait to stick it to the Jailer and Sire Denathrius. WoW has lost that ability to make me care about certain characters in the game, in a long time.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited for 9.2.

Between Good to Meh. Slightly leaning more to Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Meh. It looks absolutely average in all senses.
    AGreed though i'd edge toward an initial impression of 'it looks shit' can wax lyricaly about the why's and why nots, the reasons and trials, the setbacks and the goals etc etc, but as for an initial impression outof the gate, looks shit.

That preview was like a school presentation - if you have something valuble to say, you just say it outright. If you didn't do your homework properly, you just waffle and talk around the topic without anything subtantial. And that preview was the latter.

For me it was rather "meh". Zone is okay, but still, nothing extraordinary, especially for the last patch of expansion. Tier sets are really boring, monochromatic, more like a Trial of Valor or upgraded quest rewards; basically deprived of class fantasy for the sake of "titan-esque" theme - they even had audacity to say that "devs have been waiting a long time for their return", which they removed in the first place - that's a bit pathetic. Raid actually might look cool, reminds me of Eonar fight aesthetics in combination with Ulduar - we shall see.

It's good to note that they actually fcked up their own preview that wasn't even a stream, but a pre-recorded video, in which they stated that soulbinds and conduits are going to be updated, which has been clarified later by a blue post to be false.

We receive a second legendary, which shouldn't be a big surprise, let alone a success.

Even though it's just a patch and you shouldn't expect much, there was still a room for development. If they don't have a lot to be said in a preview, we shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking at this moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh for "Oh boy shadowlands is finally out of beta a year after launch"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

A solid meh. I may downgrade my opinion after gameplay/mechanics/systems info.

Bad. The preview addressed none of the issues that plague the game, and only reinforced the image of the WoW dev team as being out of touch and delusional. The Anduin boss room seems to be pretty disappointing. The fan theories that we were going to fight him atop Icecrown sparked the imagination more. Nothing shown was the "alien" world the WoW dev team was talking about in the video. The new tier sets are disappointing and do not fit the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    the zone will likely be a disappointment as all their patch zones are (they haven't really made them any more interesting than Argus)
    Nazjatar was at least visually interesting.

It will be bad purely for the fact that it will still be plagued by the bad game / story design decisions surrounding the expansion as a whole.

It’s the only expansion since launch that I just can’t bear to play anymore.

I mean... it's more of the same.

The art team did not do a great job. Asset flips and colorless class sets.

Hopefully the forge system comes as soon as the world race is over, but reveals once more how this game is made for world first raiders rather than it's players as a whole. Why is the forge delayed? No reason except to stop world first raiders from getting them faster. Cause screw the regular payers... i mean players.

The language codex thing smells of the same thing as korthia artifacts. It's not terrible but hopefully not as grindy.

As i said, more of the same. There is nothing here telling me anything has changed. They threw out the more criticized stuff, but who knows what will replace it. Might be worse off.

We'll see. It is too early to say this will be any good.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-13 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never know any more. Some of the patch reveals that excited me the most were the worst and others that I thought were 'blah' ended up being great. Eternity's End looks OK. The issue is hardly ever the content itself for me, it's more how it all works together. If it's just a bunch of disconnected pieces then it's unlikely that I'm on board.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-11-13 at 04:01 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Standard fare for a major content patch. It's a pretty new zone to explore, heavily gated content and a raid. I'll stay on the sidelines till 10.0 at a minimum.

Not interested. Looks boring and brings nothing new.

"Look at these floating trees and rocks. You've never see that before!"
    Nagrand and Netherstorm are here, thinking "are we a joke to you lot?"

All those lifeless robot things as well. They have no character or anything. Trying to make Ven'ari like Kairoz on the Timeless Isle or Thalyssra in Suramar was laughable.

Well, of course its something new finally, but still meh. Also those tier sets which looks like the same with little difference. I hope the raid mechaincs will be fun though.