Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You know, there is always the possibility to not make everything completely annoying to be in. Not every area needs to be clustered with mobs like it have been done for the last 6 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That does not mean we should not complain about it.
    That's like complaining about a dog wagging its tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Maybe it's because a lot of players are disappointed with Shadowlands and would've expected a bit more, rather than "just the usual"?

I think a lot of players want to get the feeling that Blizzard makes a genuine attempt at winning them back, you don't win people back with "the usual".
    The thing is that in Blizzards head BfA was apparently a great expansion that could be followed up by a bad/mediocre one - as usual - but unfortunately they forgot that BfA was actually a dumpster fire and never could be extinguished and players were pissed already before SL started, so a mediocre or bad expansion would not be enough.

It's going to be the same with 9.2 btw. The general vibe that Blizzard currently transfers is "players really liked SL, there were just some very small problems and we solved all of them with 9.1.5 so now everything is good again, here, have this half asset patch"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I think people are just exhausted with this whole xpac. It could become a better end to sl than 8.3 to bfa
    Let's see
    Thats pretty easy, because 8.3 probably was the worst last patch any expansion has ever had.

I’ll wait to see how it progresses, then determine if I’ll play it, then decide how I feel about it.

My initial impression of the art/setting is distinctly ‘meh’ though. I really expected the birthplace of a reality to look more exotic than nagrand +orbs.

exactly what i expected. more of the same.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    There is still too little information so far, but still...

The good:
    • Tier sets are back, and my favourite classes' ones look quite neat.
    • ZM doesn't look like the Maw/Korthia at all.
    • Set pieces being obtainable from PvP/M+ is a good thing... In principle.

The bad:
    • This Cypher of the First Ones thingy looks like the perfect pretext to timegate the everliving crap out of the content.
    • Speaking of content, it looks fairly scarce. Just another stamp-sized zone (maybe not as bad as Korthia though), the customary raid... And that's it. Tazavesh being split for M+ can barely be considered 'new content'.
    • The zone doesn't really look all that Alien™, despite all the blathering. Even f**king Outland looks WAY more alien than anything seen in ZM (so far).
    • "Closing the chapter that started with WC3" KEKW. Get real, you lying #$&% Danuser.
    Yea pretty much my thoughts in detail. Gotta be honest the moment I heard about the cypher system and how it will take time to decode it, I was like YUP.. I knew it. There way of saying it's timegated and you won't be able to just play and continue.. nope gotta wait a week to continue. That makes the whole thing meh already imo.

The warcraft 3 mention. which is obviously the Arthas/lich king thing, is just one big phat lie. No words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

I think i feel like a lot of people - i'm just happy when SL is finally over - and 9.2 doensn't change too much at the overall theme / gameplay / story.
    Was allways super excited for the lore, but with shadowlands ... they just f*cked up. Don't even know how to explain the feelings without a wall of text.

Also a lot of people in my sourroundings quit, most stopped raiding, guilds disbanded. From ~30 active friends at the start of SL maybe 3-5 are left.
    I think i'll resub 1 month to kill hc jailor and then i'll wait for 10.0

I'm still kinda hyped for cinematics & lore though - but i don't need to be subbed to enjoy these.
    Last edited by sunxsera; 2021-11-22 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.2 details just sealed the deal for, me I am definitely not coming back until 10.0 and that only is if they revamp all specs and talent systems and add necromancer class.
    A very cool signature text.

The preview video was nothing but cringe, no wonder that they can't do any livestreams these days if this is the quality we can expect. So they also failed to give me any hype for this patch. If they still had Metzen then he could have even found a way to hype up 6.1.

Zereth Mortis and the Sepulcher do look pretty good and huge, but I fear that its just going to end up being a boring timegated grind. The story is complete shit and unsalvagable which gets worse and worse the longer Sylvanas sticks around. Following the lore is like watching NASCAR where you just wait for the car to crash.

The patch itself could still turn out alright but I really don't see it saving Shadowlands from its rather poor quality. Knowing Blizzard it would also mean that all content pre-9.2 will be completely redundant. Not that I would like to spend another second in Korthia or Sanctum of Domination. The next expansion better brings us back into a revamped Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a bad fanfic some dude wrote while high on his own farts. That was the most cringe worthy "trailer" I have ever seen come out of a gaming company. It reminds me of Blue Origin livestreams, where there is nothing to talk about because they don't have anything, so they talk about the shape of the windows in the capsule of their amusement park ride (that isn't capable of orbit) for 15 minutes.

May play it if it is like Argus or Timeless Isle, else I won't.

Hard to imagine, but interest in this patch seems overall very low. Even with some cool things they announced later on and didn't make it into the (horrible) preview video. Or am just I getting this feeling? It feels like a non event overall, which is sad for a final patch of an expansion. Guess everybody's waiting for the announcement of the next xpac?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks really boilerplate as far as a content patch goes, but I'm getting concerned with how long its taking 9.2 PTR to launch. I was predicting a March live launch but now were approaching April territory unless it drops soon.

So it's your usual patch zone with a bunch of things to do, usually that's more than enough. My issue is that none of it seems interesting and is not a zone problem, but something happening with Shadowlands itself in terms of lore and gameplay.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Definitely a meh. Nothing looks interesting enough for me to come back ( have not played since early January).

What annoys me most though is the way it was presented. Blizzard just strikes me as arrogant and they cannot even hide it in their videos.

Players will enjoy tier sets as much as we enjoyed making them, players have been waiting for tier sets and so have we. The team has done a great job designing this content!

They cannot help patting themselves on the back and telling us how they feel even in the frigging patch video.

They are just annoying at this point that are completely out of touch with their player base. Pity as WoW at its core is such a well polished game. But they are too far down the rabbit hole now with grinding bloat that prevents people from just playing the game.

Watching a streamer video on 9.2 I don't even understand what they are talking about anymore. Fixes for terminology that I don't even understand. So many systems I lose track, calling things "seasons" now for everything as if it's Diablo. They can keep this trash.
    Last edited by Johnjohn; 2021-11-29 at 12:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not seen enough to form a full opinion. We'll see closer to release.

WoW's real issue is stagnation. I see so many praise end expansion grinding zones that we had before, while not realizing somehow we have the same now and have had for more than a decade.

Its not rocket science. If you complain about the same old shit being done over and over, you got an legitimate issue. If you complain about grinding mounts/pets etc now but it was awesome before its a sign of you being tired of what the game offers, because its always the same shit.

Legion stands out of any expansion for changing the game design the most the last 12 years. Thats 6 years ago when we come to 10.0. They really have to do something game changing stuff like mythic+ did in Legion, something that really change the core of the game and how it is played. Mythic+ revitalized dungeons that had stagnated and lost its value over the years. Stuff like that can change core gameplay over night.

They just have to do something different. Sure, they have their core player base, they are doing quite well for being a 17 year old game, but its not giving the most of excitement like it did before. Naturally I would say.