Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Wow. Reading this. If true. Blizzard Activision seem more arrogant than ever and don’t know or are willing to listen to anyone. Not their players and not even their colleagues and staff.

The whole thing sounds like a waste of time.

Until they really desire to make good games rather than good money. This is going down the toilet.
    Except it clearly reads as something written by a player not a leak.

Blizzard will not stop expansions. Expansion sales are like printing free money and while it's obvious player retention post expansion launches has gotten way worse expansions themselves have been only selling more and faster. It's like having their own dollar-machine.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Blizzard will not stop expansions. Expansion sales are like printing free money and while it's obvious player retention post expansion launches has gotten way worse expansions themselves have been only selling more and faster. It's like having their own dollar-machine.
    Making $60 every two years off expansions or $250+ off battlepasses in the same time after warzones success they already said they planned to emulate in other games to shareholders isn't as hard a sacrifice as people might think.

Whatever, most players dont care and will continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Making $60 every two years off expansions or $250+ off battlepasses in the same time after warzones success they already said they planned to emulate in other games to shareholders isn't as hard a sacrifice as people might think.
    If that happens, it will happen in a fashion that both are included. Blizzard has already normalized ingame shop, goldselling/buying and level buying, all things that 10 years ago were accossiated with F2P and P2W games. There's no reason to drop expansion sales when they are such a massive financial boost to a company when they can get away with double dipping.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

>He is even blanking other writers. The reason the Sylvanas book is delayed is because he didn't talk to Christie Golden for months after she pointed out he was trying to bruteforce a Sylvanas redemption that wasn't earned like a petulant child and as "punishment" she was kept out the loop WHILE WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT SYLVANAS SET DURING 9.2!
    What an insufferable dipshet. You don't do that on a creative team...

Translation: "Leak" means "shitty fanfiction" around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Blizzard has already normalized ingame shop, goldselling/buying and level buying, all things that 10 years ago were accossiated with F2P and P2W games
    with F2P, P2W, and wow... literaly all those things were already normal in wow 10 years ago, and with exception of ingame shop even 15 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I have great news for you! That never happened!

You do realize this isn't real.... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed about Danuser being insufferable, but the leak also claims he develops all of the raids.... ROFLMAO. Such bad fanfic.

The stuff that came out about our goblin boy bobby and ms. oneal today hit way harder than this shitty leak.

You have to try harder in this tragicomedy mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love schizo threads.

Considering the state of WoW and Blizzard right now, the only parts here that seem believable are what's being said about Danuser, and the active subscriptions.

Also given the state of WoW and Blizzard, the amount of leaks from the inside. Not just this 4chan post, but rather all these things coming out to the public right now.

Not to say I fully believe everything about the leak here though.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Agreed about Danuser being insufferable, but the leak also claims he develops all of the raids.... ROFLMAO. Such bad fanfic.
    It doesn't claim that.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Every good lie has a few kernels of truth in there. Or at least things that sound true.
    Best way to tell a lie or make a convincing leak on a shitty website like 4chan is to sprinkle in nuggets of truth, and pieces of what people already want to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Destiny still has expansions. If you’re going to make this sound even sorta believable, at least fact check the game you say they’re going to be using as an example going forward.
    Yeah, Destiny's next expansion comes out in February and they have two more planned after that, Lightfall and The Final Shape.

And they've said that while The Final Shape is the end of the Light/Dark saga, it's not the end of Destiny.

So . . . the no-new expansion things is definitely not a model based on Destiny.
    Putin khuliyo

3+ Year Old Account
    While 4chan "leaks" are mostly bunk, there have been a handful of legit ones. IIRC the Pokemon Sun/Moon starter final forms were originally leaked on there.

That said, I have good reason to believe this is fanfiction:

We didn't even know what Zereth Mortis was till 2 months ago.
    This is the most telling part. Given that the patch is likely gonna be released somewhere around March at this rate, that would effectively give ZM a 6 month development cycle, which is far too short for new content of its magnitude, even if the claim of assets being made for it prior is true (which is also hard to believe, that level of disconnect is a tall claim even for modern Blizz standards)

The game is monumentally tilted to horde in terms of userbase now and its almost entirely due to racial but for some reason the balance team refuses to buff any alliance racials or nerf horde ones.
    The racial balance shift was originally due to the balance of racial abilities, but from there, it snowballed from brain drain. Basically the same reason why you started to see smaller servers start to die out, but on a factional level. Even if the two racial sets were even, this trend would continue. The only way it could possibly be reversed is if Alliance got blatantly superior racials for several years, but the level of outrage from doing that would make it more trouble than its worth.

Aside from that, a lot of the rest seems at least somewhat believable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not saying the leak is right or not, but it is a leak on 4chan, people can misspell things there, isn't like it is a signal to confirm it is fake
    Idk, if I was a former disgruntled dev under an NDA, I would immediately go to 4chan, using a VPN and mangled spelling/syntax to reduce the chance of being caught. Not saying that it's true, far from that, but those particular details aren't too strange.

Although I can easily believe WoW dipping below 1M subs and Danuser being a prick lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about 9.2 release? Bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    None of this seems terribly believable to me, as awful a writer as Danuser is, and as cringe as some of his tweets have been, I doubt he's outright a self obsessed narcisistic manchild.
    Did you see his LinkedIn hahahaha