Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    id argue they lose out more on future customers by having fomo content, even if you could get everything in a game it doesnt mean that players are less unike (you still need to have the skills to do the challenge, no matter where in time the challenge is).

But blizzard just sees money, its no secret they dont care about the players anyway so FOMO or not at this point, blizzard are hellbent to crash the ship nonethless with their greediness.
    I am not saying that you are wrong, because I don't have any data to base such a judgment on, I am just saying that we have to consider the possibility that FOMO actually works from Blizzard's point of view = makes more money.

The problem is that some here think: "I don't like FOMO = that will make the company less money" instead of thinking "I don't like FOMO = this game is not for me, but it might actually be so that the company more than compensates on the loss of my business from other customers."

But I don't agree at all with your take that "blizzard are hellbent to crash the ship... with their greediness".
    Not that the game can't crash, but greed is the driving force behind all capitalistic enterprises and blaming Blizzard for being greedy is pointless as it is Blizzard's, and all other companies, job to maximize their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    No they don't know, that's not how these companies work. Believe it or not, idc, but knowing their sub count isn't just counting how many entries a certain table has, especially because it's not actually Blizzard, but different companies(!) that manage the subscriptions to WoW.
    You are wrong, and comically unaware about how backend systems work. You probably think that because there are different regions and payment methods that makes subscription counts more challenging. But that's not even remotely true, there's core systems of account management used for game services, how and where you pay is irrelevant. Blizzard knows exactly how many subs they have, it is only a press of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It must be really hard for people to do basic research, because they're sitting here asking me to link a leak that literally anyone can google. Yes, the line about Sylvanas becoming the new arbiter is most likely false (though you guys seriously need to take data mining with a grain of salt) but a lot of the internal strife at Blizzard in the July leak was true.

Leaks have also been saying Sylvanas is getting some kind of redemption arc, and regardless of how obvious that was, it's still one of the dumbest moves ever. She committed genocide for fun. Tyrande should slice off her head and be done with it. Blizzard shouldn't be afraid of killing off their fan favorite SINCE SHE COMMITTED WAR CRIMES. But naw, the players will LOVE a redemption arc.

If anyone wants an example of just how tone deaf blizzard is, that's one huge example.
    Thing is though if we go by in game lore about how souls work when split there can't be a redemption arc because the banshee queen was destroyed the moment sylvanas soul was thrown into her body.

The reason for that is because as alliance Uther interacts with you and Jaina. While at the exact same time the other half of Uther's soul is being trained by devos. 2 of them having their own wills and identities.

As such Sylvanas soul which has been imprisoned since her death was by definition of being imprisoned unable to do any of the crimes of the banshee queen. Also said soul had own free will and own existence as a sentient being.

Once merged with the body one of two things happened.

A) It destroyed and replaced Banshee queen Sylvanas.

Or

B) It merged creating a new entity of them both. Like Tuvix in voyager.

Neither are the person that did the crimes as she can't exist going by what was shown in wrath and afterlives with Uther. (not that I think it's the intent of the writers of shadowlands but still)