Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My first response was that it doesn't look like a Warlock set. Second being that the hood stood a bit too high on the head exposing the neck. If all it takes is having a pointy hood (that's not even straight), then God help the people that look at 4 pan windows and see a Swastika.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    LMAO yeah no resemblance at all what so ever yup right on! It's like if the KKK found a little corner of Shadowlands to call home

But you seem to enjoy being offended so I guess you're the real winner here.
    He kinda has a right to be. The catholic outfit is used by millions of people during religious festivities in three different continents but somehow because some american retards (who also hated catholics) decided to modify it and use it for their own purposes now anyone who creates anything that resembles the former outfit gets canceled because of something that happened in USA.

Or since it's an european tradition and not a PoC one nobody has a right to defend it?
    Last edited by Shoggoth; 2021-11-20 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I got over it. I just didn't wanna miss the chance to point out how stupid that complaining was.
    You realize the entire chain consisted of "Wow this is unfortunate design"
    "You're right we'll change it"

There wasn't complaining. It was a simple accurate observation.

Poor argument detected.

KKK didn't ruined anything; in Spain they use similar habits and nobody thinks they're KKK members. I guess it's got more to do with ignorance.
    Or ya know, Blizzard is a US based company so they'd set their views/observations based on a US viewpoint and not one from Spain.

Fixed.

Tell that to all the people who were whining because the tier offended them.

I love to see how people twist the reality to the point of calling snowflakes to those who laugh at such a silly complain. It's brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor argument detected.

KKK didn't ruined anything; in Spain they use similar habits and nobody thinks they're KKK members. I guess it's got more to do with ignorance.
    You mean the people who drove out muslims and jews in masses from their country in the name of catholocism?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Its a white robe with a pointy hat and red trim, i dont think it was a conscious decision but I think its better that they change it.
    Yeah, once you see it it's a bit hard to unsee.

It's also really, really not a Warlock-y set so I have 0 issues with them changing it, hopefully for the better, Most of the datamined sets look better than I initially thought but this and the Warrior one are just bad IMO.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

People should just start trolling the fuck out of them and keep finding "offensive" shit to remove until this shit stops. Anduin is the word for gangrape in my language! How can you be so offensive Blizzard !

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    People should just start trolling the fuck out of them and keep finding "offensive" shit to remove until this shit stops. Anduin is the word for gangrape in my language! How can you be so offensive Blizzard !
    We need to find out a way to make borrowed power offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Say you have a disorder that causes you massive anxiety when you gain power and skills only to lose them. Now just get a few more people tweeting about it as well.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-11-20 at 04:18 AM.

They need to stop pandering to insanity.

Its kinda hard to look at the warlock outfit and not go, "yeah, definitely kkk"

Even if it didn't look kkk, its a stupid looking set for warlocks just on general principle, so in that regard, I'm glad its getting changed.

You really wanted to be able to get a Klansman hood huh?

It sure is interesting that you apparently knew what a capirote is but then not how it was literally adopted by the Klan as they used religion, specifically Protestantism, to try and gain legitimacy with people.

Also the set was fucking ugly and looked nothing like the Warlock look in the slightest.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-11-20 at 04:22 AM.

Ugly set, not sad to see it go, maybe they can stick a bowl of fruit on his head? I hear bowls of fruit replacing stuff is all the rage now.

If Hunters/Shamans want their stuff changed in the future keep the Qanon Shaman in mind, can't have wolf imagery anymore now can we?

Honestly I'd remove it if I was blizzard as well, if the had all their goodwill left they could've gone with the suggestion someone made before,
    telling everyone it was accidental but the KKK can bugger off, now they really don't have a choice though.

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    Why are you pretending this isn't the 21st century where if someone wants something to be associated with white supremacy, they will claim it and people won't question it.

Just look at the positive gesture where a circle is made with the thumb and index finger while the other 3 fingers are held up. It used to symbolize "O.K." and was used in ASL as well as yoga. Idiots decided they wanted it to be associated with white supremacy, so now you're racist if you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Id think tying the religious class with white pointed hoods would go over even worse.
    I don't see a problem.
    I really don't care about real world paralel, i care that it doesn't look like a warlock set.

5+ Year Old Account
    rework the whole set, it looks like a priest set, not a warlock set

scrap and start over

It's uhh....kinda Grand Wizard-y. They're doing plenty of dumber things than changing this.

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    Certified mald
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony here is that people get offended that some other people got offended by a class tier. Never ending loop of people being offended.
    Hi

i get that argument of wanting this changed is thin but... is there ANY agrument to not want it changed other than pissing off people who dont like it?
    i honestly couldnt give a damn either way, but i cant think of any way keeping it as it is would make the game "better" to anyone... while changing it will make game "better" for some (VERY FEW) people... so why not change it?

seems like whole argument to not change it is "i dont want others to be happy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    "Borrowed power" is literal white saviourism with another coat of paint
    Wrath baby and proud of it