10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And here I thought the bigger crime was invading another country and killing those children to begin with.

But I guess it's all a matter of perspective, or something.
    For some, it seems that “Russia invades Ukraine” is simply seen as an inevitable happenstance in history, and that the world should simply deal with it as if this war is just another natural disaster and Russia some blameless force of nature.

Which is, of course, wrong. Russia could end all of this right now by just fucking off back to their side of the border. Every bad thing that happens due to this… every economic downturn, every collapsed economy, every civilian killed, every starving child in Russia or Ukraine… is Russia’s fault.

As for “the Russians had to evacuate the children,” I remember when shalcker here said that Ukrainians in occupied cities were being “well taken care of by the Russian occupiers,” instead of… you know, raped and murdered like they actually were.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "We'll burn the world trade and finance before we let Russia win anything" isn't endorsement of the Western values.
    Do you even internally realize that ruSSia is the bad guy in all of this? Does this fact actually not register with your brain? Fucking numbnut.

A Russian military helicopter crossed into NATO territory for 2 minutes, further ramping up tensions with the bloc

Estonia, a NATO country, said a Russian military helicopter briefly crossed into its territory last Saturday, suggesting Russia was further threatening the military bloc and lashing out at its closest neighbors.

Estonia's defense ministry said on Tuesday that a Russian Mi-8 helicopter entered the region of Koidula without permission for two minutes on Saturday, adding that it was one of several recent aerial intrusions by Russia.

Kusti Salm, the ministry's top civil servant, said Russia was simulating missile attacks against Estonia with the threat to the country at an all-time high, Sky News reported.

The helicopter intrusion into Estonia came days ahead of a major NATO summit in Madrid, Spain, set to be held on June 29. NATO members are expected to discuss how the bloc can strengthen in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has long remonstrated that NATO's expansion poses a threat to Russia, and he used it as a justification to invade Ukraine earlier this year.

In May, Russia's neighbor Finland — which that month applied to join NATO in light of Russia's invasion — said that a Russian Mi-17 helicopter entered its airspace but that it was not a serious provocation.

Russia is also threatening Lithuania, another of its neighbors.

Earlier this week, Lithuania, a member of NATO and the European Union, refused to let Russian steel and iron-ore materials pass through its territory to the Russian enclave of Kaliningrad, telling Moscow it would be violating EU sanctions if it did.

Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February, the EU barred member states from letting an array of Russian exports — including coal, metals, construction materials, and tech goods — into the bloc.

Nikolai Patrushev, the secretary of Russia's Security Council, said the decision to block goods "will have a serious negative impact on the population of Lithuania."

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...rce=reddit.com
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    In accordance with the Geneva convention, children in conflict zones should be evacuated to the territory of a neutral country agreed upon by their current guardian country (that is, Ukraine, in this conflict), and given education appropriate to their age, preferably by the people of their culture of origin. Certainly they should not be kidnapped by the aggressor who killed their parents, adopted by them and forced to be educated in that aggressor's culture and language, that would fall under one of the definitions of genocide.
    As per Geneva convention there is also Article 50:
    "Occupying Power shall make arrangements for the maintenance and education, if possible by persons of their own nationality, language and religion, of children who are orphaned or separated from their parents as a result of the war and who cannot be adequately cared for by a near relative or friend."

Seem in line with both letter and spirit to evacuate them to Russia where they can get education in safe environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop seeing everything as a potential risk causing ww3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    A Russian military helicopter crossed into NATO territory for 2 minutes, further ramping up tensions with the bloc

Estonia, a NATO country, said a Russian military helicopter briefly crossed into its territory last Saturday, suggesting Russia was further threatening the military bloc and lashing out at its closest neighbors.

Estonia's defense ministry said on Tuesday that a Russian Mi-8 helicopter entered the region of Koidula without permission for two minutes on Saturday, adding that it was one of several recent aerial intrusions by Russia.

Kusti Salm, the ministry's top civil servant, said Russia was simulating missile attacks against Estonia with the threat to the country at an all-time high, Sky News reported.

The helicopter intrusion into Estonia came days ahead of a major NATO summit in Madrid, Spain, set to be held on June 29. NATO members are expected to discuss how the bloc can strengthen in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has long remonstrated that NATO's expansion poses a threat to Russia, and he used it as a justification to invade Ukraine earlier this year.

In May, Russia's neighbor Finland — which that month applied to join NATO in light of Russia's invasion — said that a Russian Mi-17 helicopter entered its airspace but that it was not a serious provocation.
    Dude, russia violating it's neighbours airspace is about as much news as the fact that the earth's core is liquid.

It's maybe a bit more monitored now but it's nothing unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Stop seeing everything as a potential risk causing ww3!
    He doesn't see it as a risk. He sees it as an opportunity. He wants WW3 and to die in some glorious front-line fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Occupying Power shall make arrangements for the maintenance and education, if possible by persons of their own nationality, language and religion, of children who are orphaned or separated from their parents as a result of the war and who cannot be adequately cared for by a near relative or friend."
    I suppose Russia is very carefully checking the bolded part, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Dude, russia violating it's neighbours airspace is about as much news as the fact that the earth's core is liquid.

It's maybe a bit more monitored now but it's nothing unusual.
    then why does it always make the headline of top stories? It's not just unusual anymore after their invasion of Ukraine.
    https://i.imgur.com/4nOTdMx.png
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-22 at 03:56 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He doesn't see it as a risk. He sees it as an opportunity. He wants WW3 and to die in some glorious front-line fight.
    Who supports YUPPIE volunteering to make his dream come true and start fighting in the front lines? I'm say yay.

Disgusting human being wanting to so huge war in his lifetime, in expense of innocent people.
    I'll stop here. The mods won't do anything about his obvious trolling and will ban others pointing that out.

They finally did. Both at once, so they'll both be back 3 weeks and counting.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-06-22 at 03:59 PM.

Thank god. I usually just lurk here, because sometimes nice sources are linked here, and reading these two loonies is hardly anything positive for my nerves.

It also takes a lot of space on transports, which limits amounts you can transfer to Europe on longer voyages (and most alternatives provide worse coal so you will need more of it too).

Transport ships aren't unlimited.

No, that coal will simply go elsewhere - as you yourself said, it is easy to store and transport; measures to expand rail and river transports are already proposed.

You and many people in Western world don't expect fossil fuels to be a thing in next decade; this means exorbitant prices in this decade due to dwindling supply (noone in the West wants to invest into it now - those projects take time).

And then you'll still have to pay in next decades too because fossil fuels aren't actually going away even with full-renewable electricity - they have plenty of uses in price-sensitive industries, and renewables aren't going to beat them there.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you point me out to article explaining actual conditions of those evacuations that allow to classify them as forced deportations?

Allowing children to remain in active warzone would seem to be a bigger crime.

Noone ever denied on Russian side that some people flee war into Russia; numbers were posted quite regularly.
    Cute how you think you know what I expect of the next decade. Fun fact, I work at an oil company, and have a far better idea of how the future of fossil fuels and energy looks than some crazy Putinista.

Seem in line with both letter and spirit to evacuate them to Russia where they can get education in safe environment.
    Safe environment in a country with collapsing economy, where they will be brainwashed, their national identity wiped and trained to become future cannon fodder for the Nazi Empire of RuSSia.

State propaganda with dystopian amount of censorship and murders in name of hiding the truth =/= education, but you know this and you will not admit it because that goes against your modus operandi.

Is it okay to call a troll a troll, when each ban-causing infraction is labeled "trolling"?

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    then why does it always make the headline of top stories? It's not just unusual anymore after their invasion of Ukraine.
    https://i.imgur.com/4nOTdMx.png
    I know you're banned but I guess you can still read. The reason for it is simple. To get eyes on their site, so that they get nice ad revenue.

I know you won't be able to answer this, but thank you for giving me this link, it's been very useful, especially in providing me with a neighboring Article 49, which prohibits mass forced deportation to the territory of the Occupying Power (and since children can't give consent, any mass deportation is such), regardless of motive, and establishes that temporally evacuated people should be returned to their homes as soon as hostilities are ceased, as well as previously mentioned by me Article 24, which establishes that orphaned or separated children are supposed to be received by a neutral country.

I suppose the convention is clear that the Occupying Power must not deport the inhabitants to their own territory, unless this is the only possible way they can be safe (so a village or even a camp clearly marked as civilian far away from the frontlines would suffice), the evacuees should be returned to their homes as soon as possible (not a single person "evacuated" by Russia to their territory has been returned, to my knowledge), children should be taken care of by the local authorities (considering that Russian army supposedly doesn't destroy any civilian objects and swiftly restores order on the occupied territories, there should be no difficulties there) or transferred to a neutral country, with the only reason for them being relocated to the Occupying Power's territory being facilitation of that transfer, and given education preferably in their culture of origin. Still no swift adoption of supposed orphans by the Occupying Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in russan propaganda media, Putin is considered a saint that brings peace.

I fakedesked so hard when i read the translated subs,
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So in russan propaganda media, Putin is considered a saint that brings peace.

I fakedesked so hard when i read the translated subs,
    And it works, unfortunately.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It feels as if a wave of sanity washed over this thread, simultaneously making it a better place, while also slowing things down to a less frantic pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always nice when those two are gone for a little while. No one fetishizing about nuclear war and the other is one less Russian propagandist.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "Just let Russia destroy a country, enslave its people, and steal its territory and the war can end!"
    I'm curious if he would still be saying that shit if Russia was in Ukraine's shoes and the US was the ones getting sanctioned while raping and pillaging Russia.

Also funny how he keeps claiming the sanctions are only hurting the rest of the world, Russia is doing great, Russia had to protect itself from Western encroachment and yet keeps insisting that we should let Ukraine get wiped out to save the world economy and starving kids in Africa. Isn't letting the west kill itself in Russias best interest if they are doing fine? Why not just give all that stolen grain to those poor starving African kids and show the the glory and kindness of Russia?