Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh Turkey is still messing with it. I think Edrogan will keep on it for years to come.
    I do not think Edogan can keep power, the Turkish economy is in a state of collapse. With a rampage inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    I do not think Edogan can keep power, the Turkish economy is in a state of collapse. With a rampage inflation.
    True, Erdogan is a bit un-orthodox in how he fight inflation by changing the interest rate.

Erdogan tries to lower the interest rate to lower inflation; https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59681825 - instead of increasing it as everyone else - e.g., the FED https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/06/what...s-for-you.html Russia is also planning to lower interest rates (after increasing it to 20% after the invasion and sanctions) but that is due to falling inflation.

Unorthodox ideas often fail spectacularly for some reason.

And the first t62 has made Oryx's list. Only damage but the drone dropped bomb is one of the best you will ever see.

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/...85VHWG5BnajnjA

- - - Updated - - -

Russian state TV says they are yet to decide if they want to reinstall Trump in 2024 or not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2117112.html

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    And the first t62 has made Oryx's list. Only damage but the drone dropped bomb is one of the best you will ever see.

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/...85VHWG5BnajnjA
    I know shit about anything, but not gonna lie: that bomb looks a bit too much CGI. Are they really that shiny?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    True, Erdogan is a bit un-orthodox in how he fight inflation by changing the interest rate.

Erdogan tries to lower the interest rate to lower inflation; https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59681825 - instead of increasing it as everyone else - e.g., the FED https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/06/what...s-for-you.html Russia is also planning to lower interest rates (after increasing it to 20% after the invasion and sanctions) but that is due to falling inflation.

Unorthodox ideas often fail spectacularly for some reason.
    It's a big reason he is in this mess. Finance ministers, rating agencies, central bankers all respond to how Erdogan acts as anathema to everything they've been taught. Though honestly, the complete lack of central bank independence is probably more damning than his boner for lowering the interest rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I know shit about anything, but not gonna lie: that bomb looks a bit too much CGI. Are they really that shiny?
    Yeah it does look fake to me. And if this exploded inside, whole tank wont go up due to ammo rack being pretty close (unless tank ammo was empty).

This one is not gci for sure tho:
    https://twitter.com/Hlopak_/status/1544795850379087874
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just russia bullying it's neighbor or getting ready to implement the next item on the menu?

So, with the Kazakh president recently being decidedly more independent from the kremlin than it is probably comfortable with, is this the start of mucking in Asia or just russia being russia and trying to bully its neighbours?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Just Russia bullying it's neighbour or getting ready to implement the next item on the menu?

So, with the Kazakh president recently being decidedly more independent from the kremlin than it is probably comfortable with, is this the start of mucking in Asia or just Russia being Russia and trying to bully its neighbours?
    Russia is in no state to worry about the next item on the menu. But Russia considers Kazakhstan part of their influence so their refusal to back Russia 100% is certainly a 'threat' and reason for Russia to bully them into staying on Russia's side, which ironically will just push them further away.

The problem for Russia is that bullying is all it can do, because Russia cannot offer its allies anything worthwhile.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Nah, those bombs have been seen before. I believe they are 3d printed casings around the explosive charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Russia is in no state to worry about the next item on the menu. But Russia considers Kazakhstan part of their influence so their refusal to back Russia 100% is certainly a 'threat' and reason for Russia to bully them into staying on Russia's side, which ironically will just push them further away.

The problem for Russia is that bullying is all it can do, because Russia cannot offer its allies anything worthwhile.
    Well, yeah, obviously we know russia is in no state, but denial is a big thing these days over there. I do know Kirili said something about bringing Kazakhstan back a few months ago. I also think that if russia starts throwing shit around in Asia China might not be best pleased about that as it's then on their doorstep instead of in Europe.

Well, yeah, obviously we know russia is in no state, but denial is a big thing these days over there. I do know Kirili said something about bringing Kazakhstan back a few months ago. I also think that if russia starts throwing shit around in Asia China might not be best pleased about that as it's then on their doorstep instead of in Europe.
    Russia talks a lot, they always talk a lot. 99% of the time nothing comes of it. Kirili saying shit is just normal bully Russia telling its neighbours to not leave its sphere of influence. Doesn't mean they are actually planning to do something about it in the short term.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So the Duma is passing a law that will introduce wartime economic controls - sorry, 'special economic measures' to support its 'special military operations.'

Russia's parliament on Wednesday rushed through two bills imposing strict controls on the economy, requiring businesses to supply goods to the armed forces and obliging employees at some firms to work overtime.

Once signed into law by President Vladimir Putin, the bills will allow the government to introduce "special economic measures" during what the Kremlin calls its "special military operation" in Ukraine.

"In the context of operations carried out by the armed forces of the Russian Federation outside of Russia, including on the territory of Ukraine, there is a need to repair weapons, military equipment and provide the armed forces with material and technical means," says an explanatory note to one of the bills.

The bills were submitted to the lower house State Duma by the Kremlin on June 30. After being passed on their first reading, Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin said further discussion would be held behind closed doors due to national security.

According to one of the drafts, the state will be able to purchase goods and services necessary for conducting military special operations from a single supplier without the need for a competitive tender.

In addition, businesses will be required by law to supply goods and services necessary for conducting the "special military operation" to the armed forces.

A second bill mandates the government to require employees of certain enterprises producing goods and services needed by the Russian military to work overtime.

The government may also oblige some employees to work at night, on weekends or during holidays, in return for increased wages.
    This is in response to companies not wanting to take on jobs because they weren't getting paid or didn't have the parts. Now the government is forcing them to do it, at the price the government says, and what rights workers have are being stripped away. You will work as long and as often as the government says - leave? What is that comrade. Is decadent western idea.

And you can bet this is going to be rorted by the kleptocracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So the Duma is passing a law that will introduce wartime economic controls - sorry, 'special economic measures' to support its 'special military operations.'

This is in response to companies not wanting to take on jobs because they weren't getting paid or didn't have the parts. Now the government is forcing them to do it, at the price the government says, and what rights workers have are being stripped away. You will work as long and as often as the government says - leave? What is that comrade. Is decadent western idea.

And you can bet this is going to be rorted by the kleptocracy.
    Back to the cold war and 5 year plans then? Can't imagine this'll end well.

Also, seems Iskandrs are failing now as well. I'm no expert but that can't be good, as those are supposed to be nuclear capable, no?

Also, seems Iskandrs are failing now as well. I'm no expert but that can't be good, as those are supposed to be nuclear capable, no?
    Yes they are. For two to fail simultaneously is impressive.

I think its funny they refer to Ukraine as a "territory" instead of a country. Trying to word it in a way to make people used to not referring to Ukraine as its own sovereign state.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely sure that's the goal, as it's not uncommon to refer to 'the territory of X' when you are talking about being in another country, or say., for example, 'Finnish territory'.

The sentence also reads as them saying that Ukraine is another country outside of the russian federation.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-07 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Jesus Christ dude....
    Well it is not that bad of an idea tbqhwy.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a hand grenade stuffed to a plastic shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It is a hand grenade stuffed to a plastic shell.
    Oooh, pretty neat. Thanks.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account

Yup.

This more or less starts to confirm the status of Russia's nuclear arsenal. Looks like it's as in scraps as the rest of its military is. Yuppie in shambles.

Apologies in advance for a somewhat indirect reply, but the can't imagine this'll end well is precisely spot on, even though I'm slightly taking it out of original context. Life for the rank and file Russians, you know those who could be up for a "career" in the armed forces was miserable to begin with. The sanctions and everything are making it worse for them. The army knows it damn well, so running out of special operation agents without mobilisation is still a far-fetched dream unfortunately. The meat grinder will be running for a very, very long time, no problemos for uncle Vlad. The people won't be rioting any time soon, if at all, since.. well, they're not giving up on a very lavish lifestyle to begin with.
    Then comes the flip side. Ukraine does not have infinite arsenal to bombard down the enemy whereabouts one square foot at a time with 5 days of artillery barrage each. The enemy does. Ukrainians are relying on western support in a big way to put it nicely. Aside from few Baltic countries whose total contribution in terms of being able to tip the scales is insignificant although valiant, this up till now at least quite unforeseen solidarity will not live long. Shit's not hitting the fan on most people's back yards. They get saturated by the news of yet another week/month of battles somewhere out there with no end in sight. They want the good old fat exorbitant and easy life back. You know, being able to afford to fill up your tank, having a lovely nice holiday somewhere far out there, all that jazz. Do not underestimate the utter foolishness and short-sightedness of the western democracies. Politicians need to secure their votes for whatever rounds of elections are coming up, and as you said - can't imagine this'll end well. I still hope, but it's waning.