Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Something likely WILL be done, but that doesn't mean a fucking world war.
    well, if we're being nice or want to be optimistic, a no-fly zone/anti-air deterrent is going to be enforced over Ukraine. That's something that hasn't been provided to them out of fear of incurring Russia's wrath before.

But I still think that's too optimistic.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't know man... Warsaw uprising was brutal. Give Poles a few good weapons and a good cause and watch what happens... I'd put my money on Poland right now. There's like 80 years of anger in a very tiny pressure kettle and Russia just tapped the release valve for funsies...
    No, there isn't. Where did you get that from? It's pretty much common sense for anyone, not just Polish people, to hate Putin and Russian elites and its government. Poland has broken its ties to Russia decades ago and that's it, noone has been seething and waiting to stick it to Russians since. Common sense, not hatred and lust for revenge was the reason why Poland has been warning the West about Russia for a LONG time now. I can guarantee you not a single sane person in Poland is going to scream war because of 2 stray rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    But I still think that's too soft.
    When are you signing up to join the NATO armed forces and take the fight directly to Russia, YUPPIE? You don't even need to join NATO, you can volunteer and join the Ukrainian armed forces if they'd take you.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It wouldn't be a world war, Russia has like two to three nations willing to fight for them and none of them are a heavyweight.
    If you would check Yuppie's posting history for the last years, you'd probably see that he dreams of a war that would result in his own death, to be "swept away" as he put it.

I only use the wording "world war" because thats what we've been seeing on the internet all the time.

"If we don't let Russia genocide everyone, we cause world war - if we dare to attack Russia, we escalate the war and end up in WW3"

That kind of bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

well, if we're being nice or want to be optimistic, a no-fly zone/anti-air deterrent is going to be enforced over Ukraine. That's something that hasn't been provided to them out of fear of incurring Russia's wrath before.

But I still think that's too optimistic.
    Please. Just lol.

We already see Russia's wrath on Ukraine, we certainly are not under their mercy. Our constraint is why Russia still exists as a sovereign federation.

If you would check Yuppie's posting history for the last years, you'd probably see that he dreams of a war that would result in his own death, to be "swept away" as he put it.

I only use the wording "world war" because thats what we've been seeing on the internet all the time.

"If we don't let Russia genocide everyone, we cause world war - if we dare to attack Russia, we escalate the war and end up in WW3"

That kind of bullshit.
    I am well aware, just pointing out not to accidentally stooping to the level of that "poster".

stop making this topic about me or how I feel and just consider the reality Russia has crossed the red line.

There are only two things that is going to happen, nothing more and nothing less other than grasping for straws:

1) NATO attacks

2) NATO does nothing

What is more likely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When are you signing up to join the NATO armed forces and take the fight directly to Russia, YUPPIE? You don't even need to join NATO, you can volunteer and join the Ukrainian armed forces if they'd take you.
    depending on their response, this is prob it for me
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

5+ Year Old Account
    Time for no fly zone and the complete, relentless bombing of Russians by Nato inside Ukraine.

It's time to wrap this up.

also LOL @ the people who are concerned about WW3, it's the whole world vs Russia and its what 3 irrelevant allies? NOOOOOKS are still suicide for Russia, in case you've forgotten

time to slaughter the beasts, no more holding back
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-11-15 at 08:42 PM.

stop making this topic about me or how I feel and just consider the reality Russia has crossed the red line.

There are only two things that is going to happen, nothing more and nothing less other than grasping for straws:

1) NATO attacks

2) NATO does nothing

What is it?
    YOU are the one who keeps constantly bringing the not-so-subtle NOOKS agenda to this thread.

You are not very well informed in this topic if you think the only options are 2 extremes.

I mean, it is two extremes because NATO is a defensive alliance that exists for this moment.

If it doesn't do anything, it means it just lost all credibility. It doesn't have to just be burning Russia to the ground immediately response, but they must respond with *some* show of force now.

I mean, it is two extremes because NATO is a defensive alliance that exists for this moment.

If it doesn't do anything, it means it just lost all credibility. It doesn't have to just be burning Russia to the ground immediately response, but they must respond with *some* show of force now.
    If it is confirmed that Russia missed their actual target, resulting in stray rockets - it is very unlikely to trigger article 5. Accidents are not declarations of war. Even if the said accident stems from an illegal genocidal war against non-NATO country.

How about you calm your tits and wait for a week, browsing legit news sources to see how the thing unfolds?

legit news sources
    every news source is going ballistic right now, and Orban the Putin bootlicker, has actually convened an ongoing meeting over this as we speak.

There are only two things that is going to happen
    Horseshit. Despite your fetishistic hard-on for nuclear armageddon, and your infantile understanding of geopolitics in which every aggressor is Satan incarnate and every action must be met with fury and fire, and your frankly distressing professed desire to see World War 3 just so you can feel like your life will have some vague sense of meaning when you pointlessly die in combat, there are, in fact, other responses that are more than "NATO does nothing" and less than "NATO attacks."

every news source is going ballistic right now
    Narrator: This was not actually happening.

russia is of course denying everything, but that is normal for russia when they ae guilty. Meanwhile, on russian social media you have people praising the attack.

I know russia's missile can be a little inaccurate, but this seems more so than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    russia is of course denying everything, but that is normal for russia when they ae guilty. Meanwhile, on russian social media you have people praising the attack.

I know russia's missile can be a little inaccurate, but this seems more so than normal.
    Never underestimate just how bad russians are at everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a third super move that Biden will do..... /s

Deploy even more ABM and CRAM systems to Poland. And send slightly less advanced systems to Ukraine.

The bonus moment will be when Joe and Nancy drag all of the Putin-shills in congress while doing this.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even as an Accident, missiles flying so wildly off course that they strike targets within NATO territory should be cause for recourse, as it shows Russia's poorly aimed and/or poorly maintained munitions have become a threat to anything within 100km of Ukraine's borders by virtue of their indiscriminate and careless bombings. Poland's internal politics will probably cause them to want to escalate as much as possible while, honestly, I can see Russia not wanting to enter negotiations at all and just continue to whine and cry about how the west hates them which means its up to NATO to decide how far to push things.

If I had to pretend to be an armchair ballistic expert. I would first ponder:

- If the rocket strayed over 100 kilometers from actual target, how? Its trajectory being changed mid-air and so far off would probably happen high in the air...but why would it fly so high in the air above Lviv (assuming it was the target), instead of flying lower?

- Where was this rocket launched from? I don't know the rocket's type, or its max range.

- If the rocket did not stray due Ukraine's own missile defense system (because come on, is the counter-missile system a pebble of rock thrown at the thing, not destroying it on a hit??) - Then why in the hell would it stray so damn far? Russian incompetence is legendary, but 100km off the mark just sounds very odd.

I'm not gonna go into tinfoil hat theories such as the rocket (the one hitting Poland, not counter-measure ones!) being launched as form of escalation by others than Russia, until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-11-15 at 09:09 PM.

Does Russia still use one of these to aim the missiles?

Elsewhere, people have been saying that Poland not shooting down the missile shows NATO weakness. But as others have pointed out, it landed only 10km inside the Polish border. Prior to that it was in Ukrainian airspace, which they couldn't shoot at, but when it hit Polish airspace, at the speeds it was travelling, it would have only been in the air for 30 seconds at most. Not enough time to shoot it down given there wasn't an AD unit parked right there.