Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

When people's biggest """Criticism""" of Biden is some stuttering, you know they have fucking nothing.
    They can also post gifs of him stumbling down the stairs.

If you compare at least Zelensky to Biden, orating skills and charisma are not unimportant things to have as a leader.

It's how I imagine he inspires his people.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    If you compare at least Zelensky to Biden, orating skills and charisma are not unimportant things to have as a leader.

It's how I imagine he inspires his people.
    Inspiring people is obviously something you know very little about.

Zelensky inspires people by his actions, not his words or charisma. He could have surrendered. He didn't. He could have fled, he didn't. Just 2 days ago he was at the bloodiest part of the front to support those who fight there against barbarians, and its Wagner i'm talking about here, they are objectively savages.

His actions speak more then his words.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They can also post gifs of him stumbling down the stairs.
    Don't forget Biden doing something everyone who bikes have done once in a while. Fall off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Getting a little ahead of things. Theres 2 years between now and that potential future. If the war is still going on and if the republican nominee wins in nov 2024... then it's time to think about that.

I'm sure Putin will nuke us before then anyway, right?
    I don't know if people care much for what Putin has to say here, and he said a lot yesterday, but he concluded saying he'll take this war to the depths of the earth. So, it won't be over soon.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I don't know if people care much for what Putin has to say here, and he said a lot yesterday, but he concluded saying he'll take this war to the depths of the earth. So, it won't be over soon.
    Only inconsequential people care about what Putin says on the tv.

I think it's funny how putin lovers claim Biden has dementia and Zelenskyi is a clown while they are thoroughly beating the supposed man's man pootin. What does it say about russia when a "fool and his jester" outmaneuvers them at every point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I think it's funny how putin lovers claim Biden has dementia and Zelenskyi is a clown while they are thoroughly beating the supposed man's man pootin. What does it say about russia when a "fool and his jester" outmaneuvers them at every point?
    If Zelensky is a clown, the Kremlin is the whole circus industry.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If Zelensky is a clown, the Kremlin is the whole circus industry.
    Zelensky is a clown. He played the piano with his dick!

Doesn't mean he's a bad leader. Just because America's last two swings at celebrity presidents were dumpster fires doesn't mean Zelensky will be the same.

I just discovered an incredibly annoying interaction, if you ignore a user you can no longer see the threads they started. I want to ignore Yuppie but I want to keep an eye out on this thread, is there a workaround?

@Mods. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I just discovered an incredibly annoying interaction, if you ignore a user you can no longer see the threads they started. I want to ignore Yuppie but I want to keep an eye out on this thread, is there a workaround? @Mods. Anyone?
    Ignoring a person without putting that person on "ignore" still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I just discovered an incredibly annoying interaction, if you ignore a user you can no longer see the threads they started. I want to ignore Yuppie but I want to keep an eye out on this thread, is there a workaround?

@Mods. Anyone?
    ? The thread should still show up in your subscribed threads.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that the regular forum vacations were good for Yuppie and allowed him to recharge, becasue holy shit he is active longer than usual and the stuff he spews gets more and more deranged.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    ? The thread should still show up in your subscribed threads.
    That's the thing, it doesn't seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Are you feeble in the brainbox? or just dense as lead?
    Do you even need to ask, lol.

Putin's said a lot of things. Most of it empty threats and sabre rattling. Like all his talk of how if NATO continues to interfere with his "special operation"... He'll be forced to use nuclear weapons.

A lot of things can change in 2 years. Ukraine could surrender, Russia could retreat, Putin could be dead, Zelenskyy could be dead, More countries could be getting directly involved, International support for Ukraine could increase or decrease, we could be in the middle of WWIII, etc.

And on top of all that... The Republicans would have to take the White House in 2024...which is by no means guaranteed.

So, again, it's a bit too soon to be talking about what happens two years from now if the war is still going on and if the Republicans take the White House. Keep your Doom and Gloom thoughts on the present... I'm sure you'll find enough to concern yourself with.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia's only aircraft carrier, the “Admiral Kuznetsov” is on fire again in Murmansk, Russia.
    A fire also broke out on the carrier in 2019, killing and injuring several people, and it has been in repair since 2018, which will continue until 2024.

The number 3 naval power of black sea, again is struggling with basic upkeep and safety.

Using the term "aircraft carrier" loosely here. Easier to type than aircraft-ramp-moved-by-tugboats.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Iranian government threatened to kill Zelensky over his speech, claiming it has not supported Russia and that his words were harmful to its reputation.

The Iranian government threatened to kill Zelensky over his speech, claiming it has not supported Russia and that his words were harmful to its reputation.
    Assassinating a leader of a foreign country would also be "harmful to it's reputation" and just add to evidence that Iran is supporting Russia against Ukraine.

And, as usual, you are blowing things out of proportion. They never threatened to kill Zelenskyy. At best, they made vague comments that continuing to accuse them of aiding Russia would have consequences. That's a big step away from threatening to assassinate Zelenskyy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    At best, they made vague comments
    for full context:

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman, Nasser Kanaani, on Thursday, criticised Volodymyr Zelenskyy's statements about Tehran's military assistance for Moscow in the war against Ukraine.

Kanaani's comment was published on the website of the Iranian Foreign Ministry.

It states that Iran "has not supplied any military hardware to any side for use in the Ukraine war" and "has always respected the territorial integrity of all countries including Ukraine."

"Mr. Zelensky had better know that Iran’s strategic patience over such unfounded accusations is not endless," stated the representative of the Iranian Foreign Ministry.

Kanaani also advised the Ukrainian president "to draw a lesson from the fate of some other political leaders who contented themselves with the US support."

Zelenskyy addressed a joint session of Congress, mentioning once again Iran's military assistance for Russia.

"When Russia cannot reach our cities by its artillery, it tries to destroy them with missile attacks. More than that, Russia found an Ally in its genocidal policy – Iran. Iranian deadly drones, sent to Russia in hundreds, became a threat to our critical infrastructure. That is how one terrorist has found the other. It is just a matter of time – when they will strike against your other allies, if we do not stop them now," he said.

Russia has been actively using Iranian Shahed kamikaze drones for the past few months, passing them off as Russian Geran drones, and has also been negotiating with Tehran on the supply of additional weapons, primarily missiles. In addition, according to some data, there were Iranian instructors in occupied Ukraine who helped the Russian forces.

The United States, the European Union, and Canada have already imposed sanctions against Iran for military assistance to Russia. Ukraine is negotiating the possibility of severing diplomatic relations with Iran. Officially, Moscow and Tehran deny the West's accusations.
    ------

That's not even a subtle threat.