When even your own propaganda doesn't believe in you and says Russia can't win without 3 million Chinese soldiers.

"Don't dismiss two or three million Chinese soldiers. That's what is needed now. I look at Belgorod region and think how much we lack a Chinese people's liberation army," she said.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    When even your own propaganda doesn't believe in you and says Russia can't win without 3 million Chinese soldiers.
    ...which I'm pretty sure is the last thing in the world China wants.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm sure Russia would love 3 million Chinese soldiers, traveling through Russia lol

Apparently she realised that the Russian army is the 2nd strongest in Ukraine.

The Chinese don't even have 3 million soldiers, not unless you throw in the internal security forces as well. And Xi kind of needs all his troops if he ever plans to go for Taiwan.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The Chinese don't even have 3 million soldiers, not unless you throw in the internal security forces as well. And Xi kind of needs all his troops if he ever plans to go for Taiwan.
    Unlike Russian with Ukraine, China can blockade the island from all sides, making any support impossible to be delivered to Taiwan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    How hasn't Putin detained and given this guy the most gruesome death imaginable, by now? Or even poisoned him? He's constantly been criticizing Putin for weeks at this point. And if what you said is true, that's straight up treason by now. Putin has tortured and killed people for far, far less.
    Why would he?

He seems to be one of the few competent people that can do shit he has left.

Besides, the pissing contest is good for a competitive mood to inspire his peons to work work. The constant game of who has more favor is keeping people on their toes there.

Meet the Ukrainian Witch

Four villages liberated today. Oryx reports 16 destroyed Bradleys on the Ukraine side though.
    Analysts and experts say the attacking force usually loses 3x as much as the defenders, as we saw with Bahkmut, so it could be rough for the Ukrainians for awhile, at least until they punch through.
    Last edited by alach; 2023-06-12 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Unlike Russian with Ukraine, China can blockade the island from all sides, making any support impossible to be delivered to Taiwan.
    Blockades are harder than they once were. I doubt China can fully blockade Taiwan.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-06-12 at 01:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Stalin couldn't blockade Berlin, China can't blockade Taiwan
    - Lars

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    If Stalin couldn't blockade Berlin, China can't blockade Taiwan
    Taiwan is an island. Just surround it with gunships and AA systems.

That would require the Chinese to shoot down American planes starting a war for sure, at which point the American navy turns the Chinese navy into a lot of nice new coral reefs.

Taiwan also is a fortress and has more anti-ship missiles than Ukraine could wish for. Any attempt by the PRC to surround it is going to end up being a very bad day for the People's Liberation Army Navy (Yes that's the official name for the navy of the PRC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to blockade Taiwan like that would have them starting a war with America.

Somehow I don't think the Chinese navy is quite up for picking that fight just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    When time comes China will swallow Taiwan whole and nothing US or anyone else will be able to do with it.

I estimate it happening in a decade or two at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    When time comes China will swallow Taiwan whole and nothing US or anyone else will be able to do with it.

I estimate it happening in a decade or two at most.
    Only if it happens politically (somehow). A prolonged wat in Taiwan would have far more repercussions globally than Ukraine ever could.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Trying to blockade Taiwan like that would have them starting a war with America.

Somehow I don't think the Chinese navy is quite up for picking that fight just yet.
    No, it wouldn't. America is too fat and complacent to engage in a serious conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    That would require the Chinese to shoot down American planes starting a war for sure, at which point the American navy turns the Chinese navy into a lot of nice new coral reefs.
    No, because America is not gonna do shit.

Like...why do you think Putin had the balls to upset the world's balance by attacking Ukraine? Cause Biden's America is not gonna do shit besides throw money at the situation. America is too weak to call Putin's bluff by sending NATO troops into Ukraine and inviting Putin to shoot at them, and Putin knows that and so does Xi Jin Ping, and Iran has seen that too.

Nobody takes Biden seriously. They all know he's a weak and senile old man who ain't gonna do jackshit.

Maybe if Trump becomes president he will make a display of force to make the world's enemies respect America again.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-06-12 at 04:01 PM.

I believe Putin's actions as a whole have emboldened the most powerful (resourceful) dictators like Xi, Kim, and Khamenei. The fact that he has nukes and that deterrent alone is enough to keep NATO at arm's length as he commits atrocity after atrocity after atrocity of little consequence.

Eventually, what would stop the other aforementioned from invading other smaller nations with that deterrent in mind?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wouldn't. America is too fat and complacent to engage in a serious conflict.
    It's nothing to do with fat and complacent, but the same reason why NATO does not go to war with Russia over Ukraine.

You won't be able to sell it to the constituents: "We gotta go send our bois fight China over some island half a globe away". Any party that would try to propose that crap, won't see White House or congress for a decade.

The best thing West and US can do about it is negotiate with maybe somehow making it Hong Kong 2.0, while building capacities and capabilities to replace what will eventually be lost in Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post

Eventually, what would stop the other aforementioned from invading other smaller nations with that deterrent in mind?
    What's stoping them is they are seeing a huge regional power getting it's shit kicked in by a much smaller nation equipped with NATO and Americas hand me downs.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's nothing to do with fat and complacent, but the same reason why NATO does not go to war with Russia over Ukraine.

You won't be able to sell it to the constituents: "We gotta go send our bois fight China over some island half a globe away". Any party that would try to propose that crap, won't see White House or congress for a decade.

The best thing West and US can do about it is negotiate with maybe somehow making it Hong Kong 2.0, while building capacities and capabilities to replace what will eventually be lost in Taiwan.
    Such cowardice always works in the favor of world's enemies. Then they can just take more liberties and demand more things, knowing that American politicians are scared of losing elections and they will back off every time.