Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Except without the training, discipline, fanaticism, skill or swanky uniforms.
    They don't need any of that stuff. All they need is meth. Meth worked for Germany. Until their troops started killing themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yup it is logical move but any equipment they get is getting pulled from somewhere and now you have heavily armed units closer to places of power so you also increase the risk of them popping off and starting a coup themselves.
    Time honoured to be honest, just look at the Praetorian Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Time honoured to be honest, just look at the Praetorian Guard.
    Will they follow the other time honoured tradition of the Praetorian Guard. Kill the emperor they're meant to protect to put in their own guy. Who they will kill and replace later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Will they follow the other time honoured tradition of the Praetorian Guard. Kill the emperor they're meant to protect to put in their own guy. Who they will kill and replace later on.
    Or auctioning the position off.

The head of the rosgvardia has reportedly said they will be getting tanks and heavy artillery, so it looks like they are going full waffen SS. Except without the training, discipline, fanaticism, skill or swanky uniforms. A second parallel army can never go wrong.

And no doubt they will get prioritised for the best equipment, which can only further weaken the war effort.
    I think the main conclusion to draw from this, is the that Russian military has been completely hollowed out. There is no Russian military outside Ukraine.

You could probably drive from Warsaw or Helsinki to Moscow and the Russians wouldn't be able to assemble a single combat ready regiment to get in the way.

They can barely assamble some air assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I think the main conclusion to draw from this, is the that Russian military has been completely hollowed out. There is no Russian military outside Ukraine.

You could probably drive from Warsaw or Helsinki to Moscow and the Russians wouldn't be able to assemble a single combat ready regiment to get in the way.

They can barely assamble some air assets.
    Helsinki is unlikely, while the border garissons are depleted they do still have a skeleton crew if all those would be pulled together they'd be a combat ready regiment, but if you'd, say, go for St. Petersburg then you'd be right. (Granted, a weak one)

Then again...Wagner could move easily about.

Helsinki is unlikely, while the border garissons are depleted they do still have a skeleton crew if all those would be pulled together they'd be a combat ready regiment, but if you'd, say, go for St. Petersburg then you'd be right. (Granted, a weak one)

Then again...Wagner could move easily about.
    The problem with Helsinki is also that we'd probably be reluctant to continue past the old border between Viborg and St. Petersburg again.

If we get greelit for taking the Kola Peninsula, I'm game... For reasons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The problem with Helsinki is also that we'd probably be reluctant to continue past the old border between Viborg and St. Petersburg again.

If we get greelit for taking the Kola Peninsula, I'm game... For reasons...

Oh come on why would we want that land? XD

Could turn it into natural reserve from the useless wasteland it's now. Everyone profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You can never have too much empty forest my guy.

Hey, it has a ton of natural resources.

We just need to breed like hell to fill that kind of landmass. Or make the 5km personal space radius meme into 500km one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You can never have too much empty forest my guy.
    Trees don't make it empty. (Yea, I know what you're saying. I'm just being pedantic.)

Could be psyops, but western Intel says Surovkin and other generals knew about the Wagner mutiny ahead of time but said nothing.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2023-06-28 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be psyops, but western Intel says Surovkin and other generals knew about the Wagner mutiny ahead of time but said nothing.
    Considering US intelligence knew it shouldn't be a surprise if russian intel knew. However if they knew and said nothing then putin is a dead man walking.

Surovikin hasn't been since his drunken hostage video.

There are reports that the FSB has arrested Surovkin and his deputy.

Considering US intelligence knew it shouldn't be a surprise if russian intel knew. However if they knew and said nothing then putin is a dead man walking.
    You know the saying "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?" ...in the case of the Russians their left hand's pinky doesn't know what their thumb is doing, let alone their other hand.

The Russian government is not a real thing. It's a collection of mobsters, gangsters, warlords and robber barons all doing their own thing, looking out for number 1, themselves, nominally loyal to their Godfather Putin. The emperor has been revealed and it has no clothes. They are literally a nuclear armed mafia. If I were Russian, I'd be fucking ashamed. If I were an actual Russian nationalist, I'd be fucking humiliated.

coming out of a 20 odd day news blackout because of work. Did i miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

According to Putin nothing happened. Russia stronk.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

russia is now asking America for help against themselves, Ukraine has taken 190 % of their territory back and Sweden has allowed Turkey to stay in NATO. /sarcasm obviously

Seriously though, I am unsure if you are sincere but there was a mutiny by the Priglet. putin said Wagner are traitors, Prig stopped his mutiny, putin said Wagner are ok.