10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    One can easily say that by not doing their own homework, they already have.
    Literally no European leader is as responsible for the military weakness of Western Europe as Merkel lol

Obama practically begged her to spend more on defence. Macron tried to push "strategic autonomy" multiple times. Merkel said nein because of money
    And the fact that there are rats like Gerhard Schroeder....
    To be fair, i think 2 world wars is why Germany still hasn't really made much of themself. But that might be on me. Germany seems to be on softside ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    To be fair, i think 2 world wars is why Germany still hasn't really made much of themself. But that might be on me. Germany seems to be on softside ever since.
    Its Germany's military force focused around defense? As is the majority of the world's. That's not being soft. Means a country isn't interested offensive wars.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Why did Zelensky wait so much to announce general mobilization? Why wouldn't he ban leaving the country earlier?

You are doing these things from the start, not when you are about to lose.
    Because probably he was still hoping that diplomacy could prevail and because he was trying to prevent panic meanwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its Germany's military force focused around defense? As is the majority of the world's. That's not being soft. Means a country isn't interested offensive wars.
    Just saying ever since WW2, Germany barely had a military i think? I think they still feel guilty and rather go all passive instead. atleast feels this way :/
    I do wish they would atleast get a proper army to defend EU borders...

What does NATO outside America really have to defend us against Russian invasion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Didn't they want to create their own EU military alliance seperate from NATO?
    Britain and the USA had very, very strong opinions on the matter. Indeed the idea of it was one of the central planks of the argument for us leaving the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying ever since WW2, Germany barely had a military i think? I think they still feel guilty and rather go all passive instead. atleast feels this way :/

What does NATO outside America really have to defend us against Russian invasion?
    Germany’s pacifist constitution was part of the deal to end WW2.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did Zelensky wait so much to announce general mobilization? Why wouldn't he ban leaving the country earlier?

You are doing these things from the start, not when you are about to lose.
    A lot of things to prepare for the invasion couldn’t be done because they might be considered an act of aggression and pretext for invasion…

10+ Year Old Account

Ballistic missiles.

Yo, are Russian turnip farmers out there just sharing videos of US A-10's getting shot at claiming they're Russian planes dropping bombs and avoiding Ukrainian air defense fire? Because it sure looks like it.

It's a shame all this low effort propaganda is so effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Sounds like a wifebeater blaming the wife for the beating.

Even if Ukraine joined NATO and hosted a US military base, there would never be an invasion of Russia. Russia is perfectly safe from everyone except its own leadership.
    Yup
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/p...global-economy

Turning to Western sanctions, he said "Russia remains part of the global economy and isn't going to hurt the system that it is part of as long as it remains there."

"Our partners should realize that and not set a goal to push us out of the system," he said in an apparent warning to the West.
    He does give that vibe
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Guys, I see all these responses about "fascism" and "war crimes", while at this time only a special military operation takes place with almost zero civilian casualties.

Were you aware that in the last decade, TENS OF MILLIONS of people have DIED and become REFUGEES in the Middle East and North Africa Region because of NATO regime changes and interventions? What was your response then?

And now that we're in that place, another question. Let's say US/Mexico had a territorial dispute... what would the US do if Russia decided to place missiles on the borders of Mexico? Would they let Mexico do it based on the "sovereignty principle"? Of course not. They would destroy them. They have even destroyed countries on other continents (e.g. Libya) with millions of people dying/refugees over minor threats.

So Ukraine wants to join an organisation, NATO, on the basis of the "sovereignty principle"...but NATO has the policy of not allowing neighbouring countries that are not members of NATO to put hostile missiles on their part... You don't find this hypocritical?

Yes, war is evil on its own and ends cannot justify the means. And always it's the little/working class people that get killed while the capitalist classes of every country profit of war. And yes.. Russia has a regime that is undemocratic in many respects... But you are totally blind for not taking all the above into account and just screaming "Oh my god war is bad".. while turning a blind eye to other invasions in the last 10 years that killed/displaced tens of millions...
    "Russia can invade a sovereign country because OTHER THINGS HAPPENED"

Terrible logic comrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Haven't heard of Anonymous is years but at least some of them have popped up to say they are in a cyberwar against Russia.
    Anonymous became irrelevant when the first generation of 4channers got jobs and were replaced by script kiddies who think finding someone's IP is a great achievement.

But I'm glad they at least are against Russia, as irrelevant as their contribution will be.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Dead planet as I said.
    And it would never come to that.

Is it me or Russia has a really hard time in Ukraine right now? If it requires so much effort for Ukraine alone what are they going to do if the entire nato gets involved with it?

Is it probably time to start dealing with the nuclear threat? I mean, I don't see what is keeping Nato from getting involved and saving Ukraine besides nuclear bombs.

The news makes me think that Ukrainians win quite a lot of battles.

So COVID was basically the rapture and those of us not killed by it are now doomed to ash and fire.

oooh chilling prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or Russia has a really hard time in Ukraine right now? If it requires so much effort for Ukraine alone what are they going to do if the entire nato gets involved with it?

Is it probably time to start dealing with the nuclear threat? I mean, I don't see what is keeping Nato from getting involved and saving Ukraine besides nuclear bombs.

I seriously doubt that with today's technology a nuclear strike would reach it's target destination. I don't want to be wrong though. We have anti-ballistics collecting dust since the cold war. We as in the usual of Russia's targets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...rce=reddit.com

That moment when the CCP's propaganda notes are accidentally shared publicly through social media. Expected behavior so this isn't really "sensational", but just another amusing screw-up from the authoritarian countries following Russia's "watch-gate" and the hilarious use of garage-made special effects to pretend that a news crew was seeing shelling nearby.

Now every man between age 18-60 cant leave Ukraine...this is a mess...

Somehow I feel like this war could be a disaster for Putin. It seems poorly planned, and he's clearly lost the messaging war. No doubt they can win the initial assault, but I feel like long term this is going to be a meatgrinder. There is no way a puppet government, if they even manage to plant one, is going to have any semblance of control with a population this hostile backed by western arms, money and intelligence.

Its been less then 24 hours ffs. If Ukraine survives past the weekend it will be a miracle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Somehow I feel like this war could be a disaster for Putin. It seems poorly planned, and he's clearly lost the messaging war. No doubt they can win the initial assault, but I feel like long term this is going to be a meatgrinder. There is no way a puppet government, if they even manage to plant one, is going to have any semblance of control with a population this hostile backed by western arms, money and intelligence.
    Russia won't care about human rights or rules of engagement. They will have no issue literally beating the population into submission.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I theorize World War 3 will start with massive ISP attacks that leave millions around the world without access to Internet, which would be a huge military advantage and cause global hysteria. But how possible would that be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "Russia can invade a sovereign country because OTHER THINGS HAPPENED"

Terrible logic comrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Anonymous became irrelevant when the first generation of 4channers got jobs and were replaced by script kiddies who think finding someone's IP is a great achievement.

But I'm glad they at least are against Russia, as irrelevant as their contribution will be.
    Its 2022. State sponsored hacker groups have learned to use 'meme script kiddie' groups as fronts whether this Anonymous thing is credible or not. Expect to hear various xyz groups running ops for or against either side. Even if it's only senseless misinformation like you may or may not see on a very familiar site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

They took down RT. Not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    They took down RT. Not bad.
    Ok. That's pretty good actually.